Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Squad Size Increase

warmachine7.0

YES, I don't know about anyone else but I would like to possibly see in the future the ability to take larger squads into a mission and have the game scale number of enemies and task to complete to the size squad that enters a mission......not sure if its possible but just an idea might make things more interested, by the way keep up the good work DEV'S

Larger squad will destroy the tactics in the gameplay. TBH, we don't have too much tactics now, unless you find a nice group with which you can talk via Skype, or in-game push-to-talk/chat. Larger groups will just make this worse. Four people at the extraction calling all the others "slowpokes", because they want to play instead of rushing, two people fighting mobs which level and stats are made to be a challenge for 10 people, one guy afking at the beginning, one just running around in circles and talking about how that Nova "stole" his kill, unranked Mag with MK-1 Braton, Skana and Lato dying the whole time and spamming the chat/mic with "IMMA DOWN HELP ME A*SHOLE"...

Chaos.

You work in DE? If not, where did you get the info to be so sure? or maybe you created the engine?

Try not to be rude, else try to refrain from posting.

He is making a very valid remark, Warframe in most PCs can barely withstand the load when 4 players squad and enemies start to spawn.... things get even worse in missions like mobile defense or endless defense. The performance is really bad, both as the game process performance as the networking part (remember that a host needs to process everything and distribute it among the other players, the more players... the more suffocated the host will get).

This is way out of reach at the present time, it's not like we wouldn't like to at least have special missions (prolly most of us would like it, i would)... but we would need optimization of the game and more than anything, dedicated servers instead of p2p hosting. But that's not anything we can decide.... it's up to DE.... and more than DE, their budget and current options. Asking for that or not, won't make a difference.... and i doubt they haven't' seen the infinite threads about that.

Larger squad will destroy the tactics in the gameplay. TBH, we don't have too much tactics now, unless you find a nice group with which you can talk via Skype, or in-game push-to-talk/chat. Larger groups will just make this worse. Four people at the extraction calling all the others "slowpokes", because they want to play instead of rushing, two people fighting mobs which level and stats are made to be a challenge for 10 people, one guy afking at the beginning, one just running around in circles and talking about how that Nova "stole" his kill, unranked Mag with MK-1 Braton, Skana and Lato dying the whole time and spamming the chat/mic with "IMMA DOWN HELP ME A*SHOLE"...

Chaos.

Lol. Reminds me of Call of Duty kind of. I used to play it a lot then I got tired of listening to the idiots that seemed to make up 90% of its gamers.

And yes I would like multiple people. But, as others have said, until we have Dedicated servers it just isn't possible. I personally have two friends that have computers that can barely handle the game even with me as host combined with me hosting the Skype call. One of them averages 5 fps while the other gets 10fps. Meanwhile I am perfectly fine except in some Void rooms and Icy maps. Certain Void rooms and Icy maps really hurt frame rate (particles can't be turned off and they are very intensive on memory).

My friends literally rush through any room that drops their frame rate any further than it is because then the game because nearly impossible. My friend with 5fps drops to approx. 2-3fps when ice is present. My friend with 10 fps drops to about 7 fps under the same conditions.

Alas, until performance can be optimized and allowing us to customize more. There is no way we are going to do more than 4 people with Player to Player hosting.

Edited by Jefftiffy

as I said folks just a passing thought, just running ideas around to players see what others think that's what the forums are here for so no need for anyone to get bent out of shape over anyone elses coments

It's a forum, it's how it works... but don't worry, it's not like it's your responsibility to oversee that.

In any case, as i said in the previous post, i think most people would like it.... but the squad size is currently tied to performance, p2p hosting, game networking optimization.... so i doubt we'll see a change in the near future

Tenno only work in Cells of 4. Plus as many people including DE have said, Tenno are on the brink of extinction and seeing even one of them is a rare sighting ( from our enemies point of view ).

There was a glitch awhile ago where 6 players could join one game but was quickly fixed.

He is making a very valid remark, Warframe in most PCs can barely withstand the load when 4 players squad and enemies start to spawn.... t

The problem is actually related more to bandwidth than to hardware.(Although there are people with low end systems that have that problem)

The problem is actually related more to bandwidth than to hardware.(Although there are people with low end systems that have that problem)

It's easy to have more than 4 people at one time. Just go to the clan dojo. The real problem arises with over 4 people plus AI. It tends to not work properly.

Try not to be rude, else try to refrain from posting.

He is making a very valid remark, Warframe in most PCs can barely withstand the load when 4 players squad and enemies start to spawn.... things get even worse in missions like mobile defense or endless defense. The performance is really bad, both as the game process performance as the networking part (remember that a host needs to process everything and distribute it among the other players, the more players... the more suffocated the host will get).

This is way out of reach at the present time, it's not like we wouldn't like to at least have special missions (prolly most of us would like it, i would)... but we would need optimization of the game and more than anything, dedicated servers instead of p2p hosting. But that's not anything we can decide.... it's up to DE.... and more than DE, their budget and current options. Asking for that or not, won't make a difference.... and i doubt they haven't' seen the infinite threads about that.

For once, I was trying to be rude. All I wanted to point was that those doesn't seem to be the problems, and that the information I answered to was not able for us but only for DE.

As you state, the problem is not engine nor the game itself, but our hardware and connections (and the way host is elected, this one is really something to complaint about to DE).

I've played mobile defense missions with overwhelming number of enemies smoothly and intolerably lagged extermination missions. So it's not the engine what fails here but the matchmaking and host selection system, and if that issues are corrected, I'm sure missions with more than 4 tennos in a squad are possible.