Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De You Have To Allow Us To Solo With As Many Enemies As Playing With Others!

Kato-san

If you ever wanted to compete in the high kill ladder, you pretty much need a 2nd computer with an account to go afk so that you can kill 1000+ enemies on a mobile defense. 

But not ever one owns multiple computers so this is an unfair advantage. Not only do you get tons of kills but tons of mods/experience as well. 

So what is so hard about allowing solo play to spawn the same amount of enemies as playing with others?

Like I said even if you not competing in a ladder, the XP and mods are enough reason to allow such a thing.  Also allows for more challenge too which is always fun.

And what about the newbies who have to solo (for one reason or another)? Not everyone can handle that many mobs right from the get-go. Most people probably can't.

And what about the newbies who have to solo (for one reason or another)? Not everyone can handle that many mobs right from the get-go. Most people probably can't.

Its not hard to make it optional.  Allow the option.  Or even do what other games do and make a ingame command that makes the game harder as if more players where in it. Some games had a command like /players set 4 ect.

Setting your game to "private" or "invite only" should spawn more enemies. At least it seems to spawn more than setting it to "Solo".

no. you kill 700-750 mobs on Cyath in private game. In team of 2 people 1100. Team of 3 1200. Team of 4 1400.

Its not hard to make it optional.  Allow the option.  Or even do what other games do and make a ingame command that makes the game harder as if more players where in it. Some games had a command like /players set 4 ect.

The reason why there isn't a in-game command for this game is because some of the dataminers would look around for more commands and try to cheat the system by using Dev commands in-game. I think including in-game commands is the worst possible answer. I think the more 'appropriate' option would be to be able to request of possible game difficult changes in solo. Easy being 1 player able to do it, Normal that has a 2 player recommendation, Hard being 3 player difficulty, and Master being 4 player difficult.

Much better way to improve Solo in one way.

no. you kill 700-750 mobs on Cyath in private game. In team of 2 people 1100. Team of 3 1200. Team of 4 1400.

With bad scaling like that, you should be able to go against the higher numbers. A 100 or 200 difference between them isn't really that great. The only major difference is between 1 and 2.

I think they did mention future difficulty modifiers. It would be a good way to allow it, if they decide to go through with it. Perhaps several modifiers. One could be for enemy stat scaling and another for enemy spawn scaling.

it is great. because each mob is a chance of drop. i don't care about xp now, i don't care about killcount. i want drops. and if i go solo Cyath i am wasting my time.

Given that this game is not coop anymore it's rather annoying.

Edited by Althix

I actually kinda agree with this post, I prefer soloing Cyath or Defense over staying with a group (Nyx does everything...) As it's easier to do it on my own time then on others. And I'm pretty sure DE did talk about a Difficulty Slider or something similar being added in later on to be honest so this might be fixed (or the difficulty will only account towards enemy levels...) Either way I do agree, and I feel like solo should be harder as it's supposed to be a "Co-Op" game why not give the Solo players a bit more of a challenge to make them FEEL like it's a "Co-Op" Game and not a "I can solo everything and never even bother with other people" type of game like it is currently. Shoot if armor didn't scale like it did in T3 Defense I'd be soloing that shet too.

Soloing is harder than with a group (abet for less loot too).

Look at the numbers Althix listed, 700-750 for one person, or 1400 for 4 people thusly 350 per person, so half as many enemies, per person for a full group that is likely able to bring the equivlent effectivness of 4-5 soloers due to synergy betweeen players/frames.

Ideally if you are looking at a group of 4, you would be expecting some 2000+ enemies that are about 5-10 levels higher than that for a soloer to be much the same 'challenge' (and not cause issues due to overwhelming numbers).

Though the game can cater for solo and group play with decent scaling thus giving players a choice.  A difficulity mode or slider can also add further to that aspect as well.

Edited by Loswaith

Go with Nova there.

hehehhee. No. Ember outkills Nova on Cyath.

Before sharing a secret you must know one.

@Loswaith as example. In a group i run Cyath with Braton. Solo i run with Torid. Because i am playing Cyath as Ember because WoF kills small infested instantly and behind walls and on elevations. Well obvious choice really, but WoF can't kill Ancients fast enough and talking into consideration how WoF works plus only single Energy siphon running solo Cyath indeed in some aspects harder than doing it in group.

My numbers based on a three runs solo and three runs in group. Of course different timers provides different spawn rates. 

Will all honesty sometimes random guys are very annoying. Very stupid. But in case of MD, running it solo is rather more punishing than rewarding.

Edited by Althix

hehehhee. No. Ember outkills Nova on Cyath.

Before sharing a secret you must know one.

@Loswaith as example. In a group i run Cyath with Braton. Solo i run with Torid. Because i am playing Cyath as Ember because WoF kills small infested instantly and behind walls and on elevations. Well obvious choice really, but WoF can't kill Ancients fast enough and talking into consideration how WoF works plus only single Energy siphon running solo Cyath indeed in some aspects harder than doing it in group.

My numbers based on a three runs solo and three runs in group. Of course different timers provides different spawn rates. 

Will all honesty sometimes random guys are very annoying. Very stupid. But in case of MD, running it solo is rather more punishing than rewarding.

No puny Ember can outkill my maxed streched Nova.

On more serious note, just bring any "press 4, win" frame to Cyath and watch the xp magic.

i hope you are joking about maxed stretch Nova. Because even Rhino outkills Nova, same goes to Mag and Saryn in case of MD missions. Because these frames have no need in LOS, what Nova needs it.

Also mp is spike damage power, when WoF is a dot. Both powers kills in single contact with mob, but WoF simply lasts longer. And this is why Ember>Nova on Cyath.

and Nova just suck in general.

Edited by Althix

i hope you are joking about maxed stretch Nova. Because even Rhino outkills Nova, same goes no Mag and Saryn in case of MD missions. Because these frames have no need in LOS, what Nova needs it.

Also mp is spike damage power, when WoF is a dot. Both powers kills in single contact with mob, but WoF simply lasts longer. And this is why Ember>Nova on Cyath.

and Nova just suck in general.

So to explain this to you, i dont use Nova to collect kills nor i am interested in kill count. I just bring Nova to Cyath as failsafe mechanism. PUGs can be awful and i want to have some insurance that we will not fail.

I am rarely priming mobs because there are other people who are obssesed/interested in killcount. If my teammates are bad at defending or they are just low in levels ill start Priming. Mostly i am running around with Null Star collecting mods and mats.

As for Nova, she doesnt suck, she is just plain boring to play. But as failsafe mechanism for low to mid-high level mobs she is the best one.