Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hace a question

Unfortunately account migrations don't work that way. Namely because Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo have a stranglehold on their proprietary platforms and refuse to negotiate beyond the one-time PC to other_platform migration, and that DE has not yet got the resources to put in a solution to this.

Warning: ramblings about a theoretical solution to cross-platforming in this spoiler!

Spoiler

On that note, if the tables to become more negotiable, I'd hope DE would be able to set up a second server and build where PC Tenno can migrate backwards to a compatible Console build. but play from PC with the other_platform Tenno. What I've just described is, crudely speaking, crossplay. Again, that would never happen thanks to proprietary platforms and their corporate overlords preventing them from achieving the 'good ending' of Romeo and Juliet, so to speak.

2 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Hide contents

On that note, if the tables to become more negotiable, I'd hope DE would be able to set up a second server and build where PC Tenno can migrate backwards to a compatible Console build. but play from PC with the other_platform Tenno. What I've just described is, crudely speaking, crossplay. Again, that would never happen thanks to proprietary platforms and their corporate overlords preventing them from achieving the 'good ending' of Romeo and Juliet, so to speak.

Reminds me of 343 and Bungie

46 minutes ago, (XB1)Proof Noel said:

Is there any way to pass everything I have on my PS4 account to my other account on Xbox One ?

Unfortunately, this is a bit like Android allowing iOs apps to run on its platform, or a Man United player going to Man City...it is generally considered unthinkable.

(Though a certain Carlos Tevez crossed that footballing Rubicon if I remember correctly?)

54 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Unfortunately account migrations don't work that way. Namely because Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo have a stranglehold on their proprietary platforms and refuse to negotiate beyond the one-time PC to other_platform migration, and that DE has not yet got the resources to put in a solution to this.

Warning: ramblings about a theoretical solution to cross-platforming in this spoiler!

Hide contents

but fortnite is doing it so why cant WarFrame (besides that the consoles cant hotfix as often as DE wants)

The same reason no other game is doing it either. Fortnite is a special exception likely due to sheer popularity. Though even now it seems Sony has changed their minds and are locking down accounts so they can't be played on other systems. Unlikely Warframe will be able to get special treatment to make cross platform saving a thing anytime soon on PS4 or Xbox. There's talk of them attempting it with Nintendo, but we'll have to wait and see if they pull that off.

11 hours ago, Double_C said:

but fortnite is doing it so why cant WarFrame (besides that the consoles cant hotfix as often as DE wants)

Either 1: Proprietary platform holders have not considered it or are clinging to what they have, or 2: DE is distracted. Also, there's the fact that Fortnite did it by accident and got in trouble for it so it's case is currently deemed invalid, despite the fact that it's possible, thanks to Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo being the way they are; competitive.

To be honest I would be overjoyed to witness the age where companies become cooperative - for better or worse.