[DE]Glen

Chat Server Upgrades & Experimental IPv6 Support

i have the data about this ,i use wireshark to catch these packet ,but how can i give you? 

PS:chinese gov has made mind to build ipv6 widely,but it must be many years before we can use it ,so it has no use for chinese players to sovle the firewall problem,

but i think chinese players may the population who suffer from the problem most

We have deployed some configuration changes that might help some people on particularly old networks; it might help with error 10054 (but I doubt it).

To be clear: this is a problem caused by bad networking equipment between players and our servers -- millions of players never see it. Ideally we can work around it but sometimes the only thing we can do is just reconnect when it happens.

Posted (edited)

One thing that might help people to diagnose if it's their hardware would be just trying to reset their router by unplugging it for ~10 seconds or so and plugging it back in. 

If that solves the problem great, if that solves the problem and it comes back in a day or two ...... probably time to buy a new router. 

Another whoozle (technical term btw) if turning it off and back on again (lol) doesn't work is to remove the router from the equation if possible and see if that resolves the issue. If it does then definitely new router time. Or maybe it just needs a firmware update ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Those poor little things run 24/7 in most cases, sometimes for years at a time. It's almost a wonder that they don't start to go sideways more frequently than they seem to. 

Edit: Ok just read the OP and realized this sounds more like an ISP/General Internet hardware issue than a personal one. Sometimes I'm surprisingly slow 😕 My bad.

Edited by Oreades

4 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

We have deployed some configuration changes that might help some people on particularly old networks; it might help with error 10054 (but I doubt it).

To be clear: this is a problem caused by bad networking equipment between players and our servers -- millions of players never see it. Ideally we can work around it but sometimes the only thing we can do is just reconnect when it happens.

Out of curiosity, what causes these issues? Is it something on the players' end that they can try and fix, or is it somewhere neither they or DE have control over?

Everything been well, I have both Ipv4 and IPv6, yea I've met the error code 10054 several times, but its okay, but tonight, I couldnt even connect to my acc in the game, but could be logon on the website, I thought maybe it was the updates, so I login a couple of hours later, I could login just fine, but the chat keep on loading, I have enabled and disabled the IPv6 in the setting, nothing seems to change, anything I must do to fix this?