Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator wearing the Warframe

VoidGhost

5 hours ago, VoidGhost said:

Since her body parts are visible she could be in some kind of an armor

You either really aren't getting it and/or completely missed that reveal of the sacrifice. That isn't armor. The warframe isn't armor. For either case, neither are wearing armor or is armor at any point in the game (except for armor sets like Edo or Targis Prime). That is just Natah's actual sentient body, not the guise of the Lotus. It's as she said "This is what I am". Though you do seem to understand now that warframe can't be hollowed out to make armor, as it a singular living organisms.

6 hours ago, VoidGhost said:

thanks for your reply,I am realy eager to see technosythe virus customizations and operators turn to warframes

Turning operators into warframes?

WTF you're just going to kill yourself if that happens, I think you need to look through the lore again, you're taking this wrong, and many of your questions and ideas already have answers or are disproven.

6 hours ago, VoidGhost said:

thanks for your reply,I am realy eager to see technosythe virus customizations and operators turn to warframes

We're immune to the infestation. My guess is that it's due to our fancy void magic minds. In the Rhino Prime Codex entry, we learn that having a large number of Operators in one place effectively 'turns off' infested organisms, which is what led to transference to begin with. I'm guessing that the spores they use to infest us are the same thing - they get into us and just turn off due to the strength of our will.

Just now, VoidGhost said:

Well thats in part what happened in dark sector but not quite. I don't think DE will ever go that way again, the operators seem to be immune to the infestation so what you are proposing goes against the lore.
Also what would be the point of a operator becoming a warframe? We have seen how extremely painful that process is, even gameplay wise I can't see how well it would work. In a sense the operators are already part of the warframe when they control it, being inside of the warframe or not doesn't really change that fact.

2 hours ago, Atsia said:

You either really aren't getting it and/or completely missed that reveal of the sacrifice. That isn't armor. The warframe isn't armor. For either case, neither are wearing armor or is armor at any point in the game (except for armor sets like Edo or Targis Prime). That is just Natah's actual sentient body, not the guise of the Lotus. It's as she said "This is what I am". Though you do seem to understand now that warframe can't be hollowed out to make armor, as it a singular living organisms.

the Lotus transformed into something or was she hiding her true form ?

7 minutes ago, VoidGhost said:

the Lotus transformed into something or was she hiding her true form ?

We don't know, possibly a  bit of both. She probably looked quite different before, changed into her 'margulis' form, then changed into this.

Sentients are shapeshifters... kinda.

• 3 weeks later...
В 21.07.2018 в 11:00, VoidGhost сказал:

I see,what if the operator was in the place of the one transformed to a warframe?

The fact that a warframe comes in pieces of armor without the infested body being used in the building process gets me confused

I think that DE kinda hinted us how it works, just probably keep "pleasant" surprise for future events.

Spoiler alert! Possible headcanon.

Cargo we defend is called "Warframe cryopod". Not Tenno. Not operative. Warframe. Helminth is present and always was in Orbiter. It's mostly my theory but I think that we actually still use hosts for making new warframes, just Ordis most likely has protocols not allowing him to share information and Helminth appeared prior Tenno so actually doesn't need to inform them, because still performs primary function.. Making warframes. Considering how legendary Tenno are, there could be cults around them where people were ready "to serve" without any explanation how and Lotus was pretty much aware of it. She could make this creating process as much independable from us as possible, just allowing us to collect information for warframe characteristics, resources and body hosts. Also ironically explains why we cook them for 3 days. It makes Equinox existence truly terrifying.