The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To De And The Design Council : Make A Popular Vote

matto

To DE and the Design Council,

It would be really nice if all players of Warframe could have once an opportunity to make the future of this game by voting for a new Warframe.

I don't expect this to happen soon, but for the 1st anniversary, next year in March, or for the release of the PS4 version of the game. Maybe it could be a new event, if we win, we get an open vote for the whole Warframe universe.

Design Council's members paid to get this right, I'm well aware of that, and I want to thank you all for what you're doing there. And I don't want you to loose this privilege. So, maybe DE and Design Council could vote for 3 or even 2 frames that would compete in a vote session for being the next popular frame.

Also, if this happen, you would have to choose wisely, as an open vote could be a chance to see what players are expecting in the matter of design and gameplay. So maybe "conceptual" frames, with 2 (because I think 2 frames is better than 3) different gameplay and design should be submit to the voters.

Anyway, I can't wait for Necro to get into the game.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by matto

Not really, Nova was chosen by the Design Council from designs made by players sent to both DE and Design Council, right?

I'm talking about an event during which ALL players can have one vote, from a special page on Warframe's website after login.

Edited by matto

Not really, Nova was chosen by the Design Council from designs made by players sent to both DE and Design Council, right?

I'm talking about an event during which ALL players can have one vote, with a special page on Warframe's website.

and then 10 year olds would keep on making new accounts and rape that vote button over and over again so no. it's already happening somewhere in the DC so it would get worse if it's in the community

Also, if this happen, you would have to choose wisely, as an open vote could be a chance to see what players are expecting in the matter of design and gameplay. So maybe "conceptual" frames, with 2 (because I think 2 frames is better than 3) different gameplay and design should be submit to the voters.

How long would it be before it devolves into "I like green more than red", without even thinking about the gameplay difference each choice has? Hawk theme could have made a flying 'frame. Earth 'frame could have been a good tank. And Antimatter won because 'it sounds cool'.

I'm talking about an event during which ALL players can have one vote, from a special page on Warframe's website after login.

Not really, Nova's theme was voted on from a shortlist by DE, Nova's powers were voted on from a pre-chosen shortlist, Nova's name was voted on from a shortlist. The visual design was all DEvs, as was most of the meatier choices.

DC just chose from a menu (which was sometimes based on suggestion like the name and powers), they didn't cook at all.

You want to vote for something, buy a Master or above Founder pack and participate in the Design Council.

Otherwise, forget it. Not only it would be badly exploited, but would be senseless.

Note, i'm no Founder, i wish i had to money to buy Master or above to be able to give and "extra" push to some things, unfortunatly i can't, but i still prefer having the Design Councel to be a close/buy status than a free-for-all-10y-kids

I'm not even rank 5 (soon 4), but I don't even care if that's what it takes : not being able to vote. I'd just like to see what people playing this game would choose actually.

So considering all those issues, what if DE and only DE submit 2 frames from their own to the player's vote?

Edited by matto

and there goes those mastery 5 and below DC members

Oh no no, I meant the Non-DC members lol. Like what the OP is suggesting. DC members will of course get their rights. Even if duplicated, theres still the financial effort there. 

Oh no no, I meant the Non-DC members lol. Like what the OP is suggesting. DC members will of course get their rights. Even if duplicated, theres still the financial effort there. 

i see i see... well this might work :) unless DE made the poll lasts for like idk 10 days then it would be slightly inaccurate since 10 days is enough to farm out mastery 5

I'm not even rank 5 (soon 4), but I don't even care if that's what it takes : not being able to vote. I'd just like to see what people playing this game would choose actually.

So considering all those issues, what if DE and only DE submit 2 frames from their own to the player's vote?

we'll probably vote on priority on which one comes first and which one comes later since they have the design they won't just scrap the idea

Yeah, I thought about this LeAtlas, and even if they follow this idea, and just waste one design, I'm sure people who voted for the non-elected would post so many thread and put pressure on DE to release the non-elected frame. Immature people wouldn't play the game and respect the vote. That's another issue.

But damn, I like this idea of a frame that would be chose by the whole (or almost) Warframe Universe.

But I have an idea of what it would be... They all watched too many Michael Bay's movies. Nova-like frames are sure to get the votes.

From a players perspective, voting system seems great. From developers aspect it is not that good. Not to forget, unlike we, they know how it will most likely play out. We can always say we understand and pretend we do but we don't. To be honest, I was firstly a bit concerned about the Nova's overall kit, it sounded like a mess but I'm glad how she turned out, OP as she might be if you ask me. Point there was that it is hard to judge the overcome of abilities until they are getting tested by us, the players. This can mean that if the whole community or DC for that matter, votes for the new Warframe, it can succeed or can be a disaster.

To be honest, I don't trust the majority to actually produce something unique. A big no for popularity vote since Nova is still not particularly interesting in term of gameplay. So, I'm strictly priority vote.

As far as I concern, DC get to choose from list of 5 to make the top 3. The rest of the player get vote on these 3. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Edited by neKroMancer

To be honest, I don't trust the majority to actually produce something unique. A big no for popularity vote since Nova is still not particularly interesting in term of gameplay. So, I'm strictly priority vote.

As far as I concern, DC get to choose from list of 5 to make the top 3. The rest of the player get vote on these 3. Sounds like a good deal to me.

i actually made that suggestion but then it flew to somewhere to the moon and was never heard ever again

You want to vote for something, buy a Master or above Founder pack and participate in the Design Council.

Otherwise, forget it. Not only it would be badly exploited, but would be senseless.

Note, i'm no Founder, i wish i had to money to buy Master or above to be able to give and "extra" push to some things, unfortunatly i can't, but i still prefer having the Design Councel to be a close/buy status than a free-for-all-10y-kids

With the continuation of the founders program, design council has pretty much become "free-for-all-10y-kids" by now.

I don't blame DE for trying to make money, but the program should have ended a long time ago and a new program brought up.

Edited by Bitfly

Damn guys, it's not like players will vote for abilites, colors and everything!

Let's be serious : DE submit 2 frames that they think suit the game. With colors and abilities already decided of course. And then players vote. 2 frames, 2 different gameplays, 2 different approaches of the game.

It's all "under control", the choice can't screw things up, and you retain gamers even more by giving them the feeling that they truly can have a strong impact on the decision making process.

It's just that I feel a little concerned after what I see coming with Necro. About its design etc. I'm curious to know what people would choose, what the greatest number would choose.

Edited by matto