Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do You Think Frame X Is Bad?

TheGambler_BR

Simple thread. Often-times, I see people saying they think a select frame is bad for one reason or the other, but forget the frame has excellent redeeming aspects.

Case in point: Ash.

I see people complaining about him, saying he needs a buff and whatnot. IMO, his only two issues are teleport's front-flip (too lengthy) and his general lack of "team fight" capabilities.

His nº1 skill is among the best, competing with all the "good" frames and, IMO, beating them. 500x2 serrated blade damage is VERY impressive, especially on such a fast and cheap skill.

His invis duration is perfectly acceptable, especially considering its low energy cost and stagger on nearby enemies.

His teleport is what it is, a teleport. Losing the targeting mechanic might not be a good idea, as it would trivialize obstacles (such as void secret rooms). Also, did you know you can throw your shurikens WHILE doing the flip?

His Blade Storm deals great armor-ignoring damage, while turning Ash invincible. Did you know your shields regenerate during that time?

And that's in addition to good stats (1.15 sprint speed, 100/150 base shield/health, 100 power, 50 armor)

In my opinion, however, I feel Ember is a subpar frame. Well, it's better than say Volt. But frankly, not by much. Her only truly effective skill is Overheat, which outclasses Iron Skin on high-leveled enemies. The rest, however, is pretty pathetic.

Fireball is the worst nº1 skill in the game. It deals little to no damage, moves VERY slowly, and is pretty much bugged.

Overheat is good, as said.

Fire Blast lets a ring of fire that only deals good damage against infested up to level 25. It doesn't stagger, doesn't stun, doesn't stop bullets, doesn't do anything. Only damages - and only on the ring itself.

World on Fire is bugged. But even when it isn't, its damage isn't nearly as good as the other ults'. Sure, potential 4.8k damage is awesome, but its affected by enemy armor. At levels above 30, its damage is already becoming pitiful unless you're facing infested enemies - and even then.

I am glad DE is reviewing her.

Loki is the worst frame, in the current state of the game.

The only thing he really has going for him is...running through non-defense missions really fast. Not only is the current "metagame" basically farming defense, but running through normal missions while invisible is still a pretty dumb role.

Edited by SanityRobot

If you know how to use Loki he is quite formidable. Along with the fastest speed in game, his invisibility can literally be maintained the whole mission, along with an Orthos or Orthos Prime with max range mod, you have an invisible death machine. He is also good at flanking, and redirecting mobs of enemies.

PS. Loki is one of the best boss nukes.

Edited by Jamescell

Loki is the worst frame, in the current state of the game.

The only thing he really has going for him is...running through non-defense missions really fast. Not only is the current "metagame" basically farming defense, but running through normal missions while invisible is still a pretty dumb role.

Loki is really good if know how o use it...the only problem is the sentinel bug.

I wish that decoys didnt die instantly from higher level mobs. Beyond that how would a Loki armed with an Ogris/Torid not be considered a heavy hitter?

Rain missiles and grenards down from the rafters and never get hit. Turn invis with a good fast melee and you are set.

He has his flaws but by no means is he the worst.

Imo, it's about how player can tap into the frame's potential. The more he knows, the better he perform on specific frame setup. 

However, based on the current defense-based difficulty, any frames that powers are unable to scale with the AI are not optimal. Most caster/direct damage frames suffer this issue (except Saryn with Venom popper and Nova).

Loki , while extremely versatile, is rather gimped when it comes to high level play. Low base shield means he'll receive less shield from mods. Faster movement speed doesn't save you from hitscan weapons. Decoy requires a lot of experience to use but doesn't scale in high level play means wrong placement will cost you 25 energy for a few second of distraction. Switch teleport is already lose its role to Nova's Wormhle. Radial disarm is ineffective against 1/3 enemies in the game. Moreover, it has no role during mid/high level if you happen to be playing with Nova or Saryn.

He's not bad, just hard to play but not really rewarding.

Ember has just one redeeming power: Overheat. That's probably frame with most limited damage/utility in the game. Her place against Infest was practically stolen by Vauban. 

I wish that decoys didnt die instantly from higher level mobs. Beyond that how would a Loki armed with an Ogris/Torid not be considered a heavy hitter?

Rain missiles and grenards down from the rafters and never get hit. Turn invis with a good fast melee and you are set.

He has his flaws but by no means is he the worst.

Loki is my main and i agree with decoy, escpecially against high-level corpus or infested. Those things tear decoy down faster than you can recast it.

I usually get by with decoy in the middle of the mob, going invis and then unleashing dzoren's charge. Loki's not the worst in the game, it's just that people more often trade him for frosts, rhinos, novas, etc.(you get the point).

So basically every frame is a "heavy hitter" because I'm pretty sure Ogris/Torid aren't Loki exclusive.

No you are missing the point, Loki can use switch teleport + decoy to reach otherwise unreachable sniping spots and rain down terror with an Ogris or Torid

I disagree personally I find that wormhole can at times be clunky and I prefer switch teleport but i haven't played my Nova in awhile. Loki also has great synergy with Vauban since his radial disarm causes Grineer and Corpus to run at you and right into a bastille/vortex.