Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Real Challenge - Lv 200+ Zones - New Planet +

pdxdubin

I have been thinking about ways to keep this game challenging,

And some people came up with this great idea.

What if, After we clear a planet, and clear out ALL OF THE PLANETS

We can "prestige" that planet, or basically a "New planet +" 

Where all of the nodes get reset, and the enemies become like 200% more difficult,

While at the same time, drop rates / rare mods become more common.

Then if we beat that planet, let us do it again.

And keep doing it until we cant do it anymore, to give people something to work towards.

TL;DR

New Game + 

But specificially with individual planets, and not the entire system.

so you want them to take the existing planets, and just give the missions more health and armor? That would really not be a good way to go about things. Its bad enough we have to level items back to 30 after polarizing them, now we gotta play the same planets over again? Something like this would just anger most of the people.

We need more new content, large scale boss fights, multiple bosses in the same mission, more engaging boss fights.

It's a good thought but pointless until they finish their rework of the enemy mob individual weaknesses and such.  at current all that would be is a planet full of enemies that were twice as bullet spongier as a tier 3 void mission.

They have (and have sketched out in livestreams) a roadmap for how they are going to address teh scaling issue for enemy difficulty and once that is in place scaling difficulty *should be easier*.  Personally i want a greater challenge but i want it presented in terms of interesting choices not in terms of a place where i can slog through bigger punching bags, and even the difficulty thing can wait in favor of the plans they have laid our as more variety of location and a more robust vulnerability structure will allow for it, but IMO even that can wait in favor of more narrative and an engaging reason to continue playing the game beyond mod hunting.

so you want them to take the existing planets, and just give the missions more health and armor? That would really not be a good way to go about things. Its bad enough we have to level items back to 30 after polarizing them, now we gotta play the same planets over again? Something like this would just anger most of the people.

We need more new content, large scale boss fights, multiple bosses in the same mission, more engaging boss fights.

That's it

It would be an optional thing that players can choose to do.

And at the same time, the new harder levels would give better drops, and uncommon 3 mods would turn into rare 5 mods.

While also making the game a little more difficult. 

Maybe even start throwing in mini bosses, or elite enemies.

It would be a great way to change the pace of gameplay, while also keeping it easy for new players.

It's a good thought but pointless until they finish their rework of the enemy mob individual weaknesses and such.  at current all that would be is a planet full of enemies that were twice as bullet spongier as a tier 3 void mission.

They have (and have sketched out in livestreams) a roadmap for how they are going to address teh scaling issue for enemy difficulty and once that is in place scaling difficulty *should be easier*.  Personally i want a greater challenge but i want it presented in terms of interesting choices not in terms of a place where i can slog through bigger punching bags, and even the difficulty thing can wait in favor of the plans they have laid our as more variety of location and a more robust vulnerability structure will allow for it, but IMO even that can wait in favor of more narrative and an engaging reason to continue playing the game beyond mod hunting.

Ohhhh I don't want scaling difficulty 

This is not guild wars 2

LOLNOPE

Ohhhh I don't want scaling difficulty 

This is not guild wars 2

LOLNOPE

That's all we have now, all the higher difficulty you are talking about is simply a higher leveled enemies.  All higher leveled enemies are are straight scaling of armor and bullet sponginess.

Once they have the new setup in place they can likely do more interesting things with difficulty than "moar health".  I would not be interested in an area who's only claim to fame was being the most bullet spongiest.  I mean hell the game is still in beta as evidenced by the vast amount of patching, content injections, fixes, and back and forth with the community.  

I'm with you, i have many personal items I'd like to be addressed first but like yours my pet issues are likely not the most important or the top of the development list.  Odds are given time to actually complete their plans most if not all our concerns will be addressed.  I'll start worrying as soon as DE stops communicating and or outright lies to us, like PGI did to the Mechwarrior Online community.

That's all we have now, all the higher difficulty you are talking about is simply a higher leveled enemies.  All higher leveled enemies are are straight scaling of armor and bullet sponginess.

Once they have the new setup in place they can likely do more interesting things with difficulty than "moar health".  I would not be interested in an area who's only claim to fame was being the most bullet spongiest.  I mean hell the game is still in beta as evidenced by the vast amount of patching, content injections, fixes, and back and forth with the community.  

I'm with you, i have many personal items I'd like to be addressed first but like yours my pet issues are likely not the most important or the top of the development list.  Odds are given time to actually complete their plans most if not all our concerns will be addressed.  I'll start worrying as soon as DE stops communicating and or outright lies to us, like PGI did to the Mechwarrior Online community.

Higher leveled enemies + Better rewards

its not about the challenge man its about the scaling REWARDS ; p

Because if people are capable of killing lv 200 enemies quickly they should be getting better drops for it ;P

at least its a start, there are a lot of things they need to fix lol this is just a mundane idea

And often DE does not directly use ideas, they change them and use them as inspiration towards other concepts.  

Higher leveled enemies + Better rewards

its not about the challenge man its about the scaling REWARDS ; p

Because if people are capable of killing lv 200 enemies quickly they should be getting better drops for it ;P

at least its a start, there are a lot of things they need to fix lol this is just a mundane idea

And often DE does not directly use ideas, they change them and use them as inspiration towards other concepts.  

And we are on a different page here.

For me I could care less about the rewards i'll get them eventually anyway, I'm interested in seeing the game offer more reasons to play the game other than mod chasing.  I agree that rewards should scale to difficulty but i don't think it should be at all easy to get the rarest stuff even from very tough enemies, and even if the RNG is adjust to make rarer stuff drop you'll still have issues with people not getting what they think they should get because of the nature of randomness.

Where all of the nodes get reset, and the enemies become like 200% more difficult,

And keep doing it until we cant do it anymore, to give people something to work towards.

TL;DR

New Game + 

Do you realize what you are asking for? Lvl 200 enemies = armor nearly impossible to do damage to...(combined with high health)

"real challenge"

More stats? No thanks, that's no challenge.... more sponge sponges? yeah... nope, not the way to go and the very reason people are so dulled with the current gameplay.... Mercury = Pluto, the only different is ++++stats.

And we are on a different page here.

For me I could care less about the rewards i'll get them eventually anyway, I'm interested in seeing the game offer more reasons to play the game other than mod chasing.  I agree that rewards should scale to difficulty but i don't think it should be at all easy to get the rarest stuff even from very tough enemies, and even if the RNG is adjust to make rarer stuff drop you'll still have issues with people not getting what they think they should get because of the nature of randomness.

Oh I already know the game is boring and repetitive as hell 

I want this to go on top of the Other fixes that should be coming to fix that. 

New game modes / pvp / better enemy variety should do all that 

"real challenge"

More stats? No thanks, that's no challenge.... more sponge sponges? yeah... nope, not the way to go and the very reason people are so dulled with the current gameplay.... Mercury = Pluto, the only different is ++++stats.

I have been playing dragon nest for a while and I must say its a much better game then warframe,

Not visually but mechanically it is 100x better

The bosses actually have varied attacks that you have to dodge, and the enemies are somewhat repetitive but they break it up with strong enemies and elite ones.

All of which warframe needs to do.

Break up the stagnant pace of gameplay and remove the idea of bullet sponges.

I know they are removing armor and changing all that, and when that happens you will realize how easy this game can be 

TL;DR

New Game + 

Oh for the love of god. I know you have certain handicaps relating to your brain, but you really think making enemies more bullet spongey is a good idea? You think that just driving enemies into the 5-magazine-to-kill range should just be the norm? The whole @(*()$ problem with the games difficulty curve is that it just requires more Snowglobe and more bullets you fool!

Edited by iamLoveless

-snip-

Oh by all means, stay in dragon nest then, no one will complain.

I hadn't imagined you didn't know Warframe is stupid easy already, with or without armor...... making stats scale to infinity doesn't make Warframe harder or more challenging, ++++lvls is just idiotic and the very reason people get bored and quit so often. The gameplay stays the same all the time, dish out dps until the enemy die or have the enemy so stat scaled that they disintegrate you before you know it.

And Dragon Nest is nothing compared to the bar vindictus set with their bosses and dynamic reaction gameplay, nothing beats that so far..... shame Nexon went full pay to win, as usual

Oh for the love of god. I know you have certain handicaps relating to your brain, but you really think making enemies more bullet spongey is a good idea? You think that just driving enemies into the 5-magazine-to-kill range should just be the norm? The whole @(*()$ problem with the games difficulty curve is that it just requires more Snowglobe and more bullets you fool!

Hmm, they are reworking armor soon, as stated in the last live stream.

So enemies should not seem as bulley spongy as they are now ;P 

But right now I can literally one shot every enemy in the game with my acrid so I duno wat u talkin bout

Lv 1000 enemies plz 

Oh by all means, stay in dragon nest then, no one will complain.

I hadn't imagined you didn't know Warframe is stupid easy already, with or without armor...... making stats scale to infinity doesn't make Warframe harder or more challenging, ++++lvls is just idiotic and the very reason people get bored and quit so often. The gameplay stays the same all the time, dish out dps until the enemy die or have the enemy so stat scaled that they disintegrate you before you know it.

And Dragon Nest is nothing compared to the bar vindictus set with their bosses and dynamic reaction gameplay, nothing beats that so far..... shame Nexon went full pay to win, as usual

Dragon Nest and Vindictus are basically all in the same conceptually.

Both games have better boss fights then warframe, 

They actually move around and hurt you instead of standing still letting you shoot them in between invincibility frames ;p 

I think this new boss fight is a step in the right direction, hopefully it has some devastating attacks like a boss fight should and all that other stuff.

But I still want lv 1000 enemies 

Just cause I know it wont happen, but I still want it : D 

Hmm, they are reworking armor soon, as stated in the last live stream.

So enemies should not seem as bulley spongy as they are now ;P 

But right now I can literally one shot every enemy in the game with my acrid so I duno wat u talkin bout

Lv 1000 enemies plz 

if you wanna have a challenge , do what i say to every QQ brainless guy , go use a volt / Loki then you have challenge, with the games like this you need to make an challenge for yourself , instead of already using best S#&$ and then QQing about S#&$ is to easy , MAKE THE CHALLENGE FOR YOURSELF !  omg are some people just brainless who play these game ???   i like a challenge as every guy who knows me knows that and thats y i am using almost 24/7 an volt cuz then its really hard to do S#&$ , i can easily use the best frames,but i aint cuz i whant a real challenge like real gamers whant.

if you wanna have a challenge , do what i say to every QQ brainless guy , go use a volt / Loki then you have challenge, with the games like this you need to make an challenge for yourself , instead of already using best S#&$ and then QQing about S#&$ is to easy , MAKE THE CHALLENGE FOR YOURSELF !  omg are some people just brainless who play these game ???   i like a challenge as every guy who knows me knows that and thats y i am using almost 24/7 an volt cuz then its really hard to do S#&$ , i can easily use the best frames,but i aint cuz i whant a real challenge like real gamers whant.

So your answer to this game, 

Is to basically run around and kill everything naked with my bare fists to make the game more fun.

Yano 

Have fun with that though, I won't nerf myself for a challenge