Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Real Challenge - Lv 200+ Zones - New Planet +

pdxdubin

Just like the rest of the game 

So you wanna make it even more boring? No thanks

So your answer to this game, 

Is to basically run around and kill everything naked with my bare fists to make the game more fun.

Yano 

Have fun with that though, I won't nerf myself for a challenge 

It's no different from what you propose honestly.

i didnt read everything everyone said, but basically "prestigeing" i cant spell that word shut up.  would not do anything FOR the game but make it so people can be even more grindy while showing off their epeen.  or whatever. what we need is a different kind of boss, as it is, assassination goes : run to boss, find boss, burn the *@##$, get the F*** out of dodge (with the exception of only kril really, which even then people just shoot him til he dies anyway).  the rest of the missions are basically run and gun. what we would need to do to make them difficult, (not grindy, grindy is not difficulty, everyone can grind, not everyone is good.)is to change how the missions function, or how they can function. not really sure how to do that.(maybe something like for spy, instead of just knowing where the terminals are, you need to capture a dude in the middle of the map that sends you backwardsandorforwards to the terminals? i dont know.) but if youre looking to make something difficult, thats what you go for first. mechanics. now as for bosses, running to then finding the bosses is fine but just gunning him/her down like any other mob is just inane.  vor got a buff that was working towards theright direction, sortof feeble what with the mobs he spawns being fairly lame, as well as different weapons for each phase. but still, not quite enough. im no boss designer though, not sure how to make that work.

TL;DR more is not difficulty, more is simply grind. mechanics are a large part of difficulty, make them first.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we already know what overleveled enemies look like - just stick it out in defense past wave 40 or so.

And no, the game does not become less repetitive, or more varied or interesting at that stage; there's no magical shift from "grind" to "challenge." Things just get slower because you're pumping more bullets into the same things.

There are directions in which the game can be improved but it's not going to be changing a few numbers.

Edited by snrd3r

Is to basically run around and kill everything naked with my bare fists to make the game more fun.

Yano 

Pick one:

Decry certain weapons for making the game too easy, or continue to choose to use those weapons because they make the game easy.

You can't have both.

Edited by snrd3r

I do not see why you can not have both.

I'll use myself as an example:

I maintain an Acrid (i.e. keep mods in it, have forma'd it and will do so some more soon) but I also maintain Despair and Twin Gremlins. Those two are also quite powerful but they don't come close to the atrocious combination of DPS and efficiency that the Acrid possesses. I only use Acrid when I want to make things easy (T3 Void defense and solo high-level alerts, for example; things that are either time-sensitive or take too much time).

Otherwise I use the other two sidearms, or anything else, since I recognize that this is a choice I can make to slow down the process of getting tired of the game after it gets too easy and repetitive.

You can't complain about the choice you're explicitly making, particularly when there are plenty of alternatives.

Edited by snrd3r

I have been thinking about ways to keep this game challenging,

And some people came up with this great idea.

What if, After we clear a planet, and clear out ALL OF THE PLANETS

We can "prestige" that planet, or basically a "New planet +" 

Where all of the nodes get reset, and the enemies become like 200% more difficult,

While at the same time, drop rates / rare mods become more common.

Then if we beat that planet, let us do it again.

And keep doing it until we cant do it anymore, to give people something to work towards.

TL;DR

New Game + 

But specificially with individual planets, and not the entire system.

Try playing Sedna=>Camenae.

Its a defense, play it till enemies reach level 1000+

I just wanted to point out that an incredible flaw to this idea, among all the other ones, is that if you ever wanted to make a new frame and you had Planet+'d planets, you're just screwed. You would just get hitscan killed by even the most pitiful Grineer if their levels exceeded 50 in an unmodded frame (under many circumstances).

So it's basically saying "if I new game +, I had better never forma my warframe or play a new one, lest I get destroyed or make sure to never new planet+ mercury" (which partially defeats new planet + if you must not use it in places to continue to play).

In general though, that aside even, this doesn't help Warframe be any better of a game. In any way. This whole thread baffled me. If you don't like the game or want to grind, why put this idea up? Are you trying to sabotage it and leave for Dragon's Nest? I just don't get it.

Edited by Nubsawce

I'll use myself as an example:

I maintain an Acrid (i.e. keep mods in it, have forma'd it and will do so some more soon) but I also maintain Despair and Twin Gremlins. Those two are also quite powerful but they don't come close to the atrocious combination of DPS and efficiency that the Acrid possesses. I only use Acrid when I want to make things easy (T3 Void defense and solo high-level alerts, for example; things that are either time-sensitive or take too much time).

Otherwise I use the other two sidearms, or anything else, since I recognize that this is a choice I can make to slow down the process of getting tired of the game after it gets too easy and repetitive.

You can't complain about the choice you're explicitly making, particularly when there are plenty of alternatives.

But you can ask for content to be released that will be difficult with the best gear in the game. And so, like I pointed out, you can have both.

Think about the big picture!

Level 10,000 Enemies would be such a great addition 

Level 10,000 Enemies [...] a great addition

[...] great addition

picard-facepalm.jpg

Edit: On a more serious note: The current maxlvl is 9999. If you're so excited about lvl 10000 enemies you can go and try that in ED.

Edited by 101blubb

In answer to the OP and not just fighting mindlessly with one another, I would love to see this implemented. Recycled content would give people something to do with 150-200 level enemies with better drops. Of course they would still need to fix issues with AI, weapon balancing and a plethora of other issues, but at least in this way we could have something to do now that wouldn't be too hard (I imagine) to set up. As is right now if I were to need a neural sensor I rush to J3 Golem, two shot him and then run out and try again if it doesn't drop. It would be funner and arguably better if I could just face a vastly more powerful Golem for a 2-3x drop rate.

Either way I love the game, but aside from buying weapons you have no intention of keeping and leveling them up for mastery, there is nothing to do.

P.S. Arguing with each other like this is ridiculous, people are going to have different opinions than you, cheer up and don't turn this into the WoW community.

In answer to the OP and not just fighting mindlessly with one another, I would love to see this implemented. Recycled content would give people something to do with 150-200 level enemies with better drops. Of course they would still need to fix issues with AI, weapon balancing and a plethora of other issues, but at least in this way we could have something to do now that wouldn't be too hard (I imagine) to set up. As is right now if I were to need a neural sensor I rush to J3 Golem, two shot him and then run out and try again if it doesn't drop. It would be funner and arguably better if I could just face a vastly more powerful Golem for a 2-3x drop rate.

Either way I love the game, but aside from buying weapons you have no intention of keeping and leveling them up for mastery, there is nothing to do.

P.S. Arguing with each other like this is ridiculous, people are going to have different opinions than you, cheer up and don't turn this into the WoW community.

If only you read some of the real arguments against it. Like mine. Then you would notice why a simple new planet+ is a bad idea.

Also, this doesn't solve Warframe's problem at all. There is still no reason TO FARM these things. We have no endgame and no point to do anything but try to make the new weapons that come out, and that's an empty point in itself because the weapons just help us farm more weapons.

New Planet + solves nothing. Higher level enemies solves nothing. The way warframe is played needs to change.

What would be the point of these level 200 enemies?

Higher rewards? You already got enough power to kill them, I'd say you don't need more.

Difficulty? No, it's not. It just means more camping and taking cover more while wasting tons of ammo on a single enemy. Borderlands 1 and 2 does this and it does not become hard. It becomes a chore that needs to die. A game isn't fun when you need to put in 200 rounds into an enemy with one of your more powerful weapons.

Stop trying to ruin Warframe as it is with higher and higher difficulty settings that either limit what the player can do or buffing enemies to such ludicrous levels that you need some of the powerful weapons with some Formas to be able to handle them. This is not fun.

I've seen this happen to Dungeon Defenders and it got insane. You'll hit brick walls of difficulty level that size of a sky scraper. SEVERAL TIMES too. 

Come on, you've won the game by now. You've literally WON the game. Congratulations. Move to a new game to Conquer. 

Warframe needs to focus on other things first than to make planets with silly high level enemies.

Yano 

Only thing what im saying with this, if you get easily bored, make the challenge for yourself ;) 

But you can ask for content to be released that will be difficult with the best gear in the game. And so, like I pointed out, you can have both.

If you see it as a request for additional content, then you're right, you can have both. I see it as a misled complaint that some players should really consider remedying for themselves.

Oh I already know the game is boring and repetitive as hell 

I want this to go on top of the Other fixes that should be coming to fix that. 

New game modes / pvp / better enemy variety should do all that

PvP!? You do realize the immense problem that would create, right? Let me explain, if they add in PvP then they would start the absurd, cyclical, and infinite plight of balancing the game between PvP and PvE; the same problem that has haunted WoW since it launched. DE has enough trouble balance the current Frames without PvP. The simple answer to any suggestion of PvP in a PvE game is NO.

Who cares how they do it

Just give us a challenge already

God you guys are too focused on whats in the OP 

Think about the big picture!

Level 10,000 Enemies would be such a great addition 

Are you daft? DE is currently under the delusion that bullet sponging enemies ='s harder difficulty. It does not; this is an illusion. All bullet sponging does is advertise the laziness and unwillingness to create something original for Warframe. Instead they borrow failed ideas and concepts of "difficulty".

Tell you what, I'll let you in on a secret. You can test out what Warframe would be like with level 10K enemies. It's true! and it's pretty simple too. First, go to your Garage or wherever you keep your tools. There? Okay, good. Next, find a hammer and a nail. Then, place the nail -pointy side down- on your head. As you hold the nail steady, carefully swing the hammer down, striking the nail. Congratulations! You've just simulated what it would be like to play Warframe with level 10K enemies! Yay!

picard-facepalm.jpg

I agree Blubb/Picard.

Enemies need 20x more HP... We need a reason to use melee weapons, so that we do not use up all ammo and we can start using ammo packs in missions again...  I rather fight enemies with super high HP and medium damage then 1 hit kill damage with low HP. 

1 hit killing pretty much makes melee useless.