Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scaling Rewards.. My opinion.

eXotic

2 hours ago, eXotic said:

It does, but please, feel free to actually give out a constructive argument defended by facts and not just empty words, i'm down to have a conversation with you, otherwise, not really..

Choose any of the meta frames and go camp in a loot room. I really shouldnt have to tell you what you already know.

18 hours ago, Misgenesis said:

Choose any of the meta frames and go camp in a loot room. I really shouldnt have to tell you what you already know.

Yet using meta frames and effectively synergizing their abilities with your weapons, spectres or teammates is so easy everybody could do? It takes a certain amount of skill and practice to actually pull off a successful 2 hour+ run, it's not like all you need to do is sit in an empty room and use your abilities, because if you just do that, you're going to be going down very fast.

21 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

From what I gather from the "endurance players"... they want somewhere to test their builds and skill against stronger content, but the only place they can do that, is in endless missions where enemies start scaling after over an hour into the game. Due to taking all this time, slaughtering monsters effortlessly, they finally reach a point where they have to stun/control monsters and kill them with a "little" more effort. And due to this, they want better rewards because they stayed in the mission forever and a day...

DE clearly doesn't want players spending forever and a day in missions. (This opens up the risk of bugs that wipe out all that play, and don't save the rewards, host migrations, etc)... With that in mind, they set up Sanctuary Onslaught to have a soft-cap that prevents that from going on too long. Get in, get out, fast missions, is what it's always been about. 20min seems max (and only if you need the C rotation's rewards), 40 is an extended thing that you really need to organize to make happen. Random public groups should never be expected to even stay past 1 wave to clear a node - even on planets where it's common to go longer.

SO...

There should be new nodes (or all nodes with a new option, or a new optional setting that makes all nodes this new option) that starts all enemies off 100+ levels higher than normal... or whatever level they get to at 1hr in. This way, you bypass all the easy stuff, and get right into the hard content. This content could have a simplified rotation of ABC, and no filler drops in the loot table. STILL, I'd say these nodes shouldn't have people expecting them to be endless. (the reward table has been adjusted to provide the better rewards without the time investment, with a higher tier of "challenge" from the scaled enemies.)

Honestly, I don't think "endurance" runs should be promoted or rewarded by DE. Get to the real point of why people want the endurance runs in the first place. If it's the higher challenge as the enemies scale up, just give people the scaled up enemies. If it's just more rewards... pulling out at the 20min mark and starting over is MORE efficient than killing stronger enemies for the same rewards... common sense here people. Stop wasting your time 😉

I agree. I made a post about this with similar sentiment about kuva endless and people lost their minds. 

I don't understand why people wouldn't just prefer a better quality 20 minute runs than insisting DE reward 2hr long runs. 

Edited by Hypernaut1