Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Iliad, Phobos) A Masterfully Done Assasination.

Halisi

(Spoiler alert!)

This is your best boss fight yet. I just soloed it, it was challenging but not impossible. I feel like the lotus should narrate a little more here. Her comment on separating Vor from Kril was an excellent piece of advice. Especially considering Lech Krils fiery berserker of a second phase. I nearly had a heart attack when he set himself on fire & started chasing me.... Lotus should say stuff like this. "Tenno, Vor is using his energy beam attack, attack from cover", "Tenno! Lech Kril is going berserk! Keep your distance.", "Attack as you move tenno, if he catches up your done for!", "I see your running low on ammo, move in with you melee, find openings then hit & run.". Things like that, not only would it be insanely helpful, but it would also set the mood. That was a very tense fight, but it doesn't really feel like so. I mean you are fighting two of the meanest & toughest enemies in the game! Put in some suspenseful music, more lotus advice, & this great battle will be perfect! I wish I had a video of that...keep up the good work DE!!!

P.S. Like all boss fights, this one is a h*** of a lot more fun if you solo it. As such the listed suggestions are much more enjoyable in a solo environment. 

After doing 20+ runs of that pair, my reaction was the opposite.

Too many tedious invulnerability phases, and Lotus' advice was mostly unnecessary.  Vor's teleportation and Kril's tendency to get stuck on the dome naturally separates them.  I'm still not sure why she advises you to focus on one or the other, as their abilities don't benefit the other in any way.  Knowing how much time you have to wait before you can finally kill Kril (by which time Vor is likely already dead because he has only three invulnerability phases) would probably be the only useful advice Lotus could offer.

Sorry man, I disagree, what you're suggesting sounds like Omochao from the more recent Sonics, constantly giving you tips and holding your hand, it's more rewarding to find your own solutions, learn the controls and master them, on your own imo, not have some annoying scripted text/voice tell you the basic ways of getting stuff done all he time.

I will have to disagree. Both bosses were completely recycled from their original encounters with no tweaking for any synergy. The first time I tried to solo the bosses, I easily got Vor to follow me out of the room alone while Lech Kril presumably took a nap. Great teamwork guys. Really got my blood pumping. Although I did end up having to abort because Vor was a bullet sponge. That should speak for itself as well.

Also, while I never did listen to Lotus dialogue, her lines for this mission were especially bad. "Time to show them your true Tenno power" (paraphrased) sounds like something out of... I don't know... lame?

She should also, instead of giving vague descriptions of the enemy ("Lech Kril has a few tricks up his sleeve", X is incredibly ruthless/feared/blah blah blah), she should mention/imply how the boss actually works. They actually had a great line on the pre-U9 Vor, when Lotus warns you that he can teleport.With Lech Kril, it should be implied/stated that you need to shoot his tank. Perhaps she could mention that the Frost-grade implants he has aren't very stable etc.

I don't mean for her to hold your hand, and I hear what you guys are saying. But the reason it's boring to you is because you probably just go in with your team of 4 people with OP weapons and steamroll them. Try going in there with mid level weapons/mods, and if you win tell me you don't feel a sense of accomplishment. Yes the bosses in this game are lacking, but I just suggested two things that could fix it. Music more suitable to a situation is always a good way to improve a boss fight. Same thing with the whole more lotus advice thing. I'm not suggesting that she talk more. I'm asking if they can make her give better advice. She serves no purpose during a mission other than throwing out random unrelated comments. The whole "take down Vor first" thing was the first piece of good advice she ever gave me. I would have failed the mission otherwise. I don't know about you guys, but I found the fight interesting and fresh. Vor needed a higher level encounter, and I never fight lech kril. Although now that I think about more synergy would be nice. Other than that I like it.

I don't mean for her to hold your hand, and I hear what you guys are saying. But the reason it's boring to you is because you probably just go in with your team of 4 people with OP weapons and steamroll them. Try going in there with mid level weapons/mods, and if you win tell me you don't feel a sense of accomplishment. Yes the bosses in this game are lacking, but I just suggested two things that could fix it. Music more suitable to a situation is always a good way to improve a boss fight. Same thing with the whole more lotus advice thing. I'm not suggesting that she talk more. I'm asking if they can make her give better advice. She serves no purpose during a mission other than throwing out random unrelated comments. The whole "take down Vor first" thing was the first piece of good advice she ever gave me. I would have failed the mission otherwise. I don't know about you guys, but I found the fight interesting and fresh. Vor needed a higher level encounter, and I never fight lech kril. Although now that I think about more synergy would be nice. Other than that I like it.

Went in with level 20 Loki and only a level 30 Despair as a good weapon.

Popped Invisibility

Shot them to death.

Went in with level 20 Loki and only a level 30 Despair as a good weapon.

Popped Invisibility

Shot them to death.

That wasn't really what I meant XD. The point is to have a handicap. Going invisible and spamming despair isn't exactly a handicap.

That wasn't really what I meant XD. The point is to have a handicap. Going invisible and spamming despair isn't exactly a handicap.

The game should be challenging even with very high level gear. Although this is a lower level planet, I'm saying it shouldn't be so easy to kill any boss. Seriously, I can probably solo every boss that way.

With a Banshee, I popped Sonar and shot the weak spot to death, relying on Shade to cloak my &#! whenever I was taking too much damage. That was still too easy.

Bosses aren't hard at any level. You don't need a potato'd, polarized Frame to abuse their abilities.

Both bosses were completely recycled from their original encounters with no tweaking for any synergy.

This got me thinking about how cool the fight could be if some interactions between Vor and Kril were added. Making each boss's attacks able to damage the other would be particularly satisfying.

(Spoiler alert!)

This is your best boss fight yet. I just soloed it, it was challenging but not impossible. I feel like the lotus should narrate a little more here. Her comment on separating Vor from Kril was an excellent piece of advice. Especially considering Lech Krils fiery berserker of a second phase. I nearly had a heart attack when he set himself on fire & started chasing me.... Lotus should say stuff like this. "Tenno, Vor is using his energy beam attack, attack from cover", "Tenno! Lech Kril is going berserk! Keep your distance.", "Attack as you move tenno, if he catches up your done for!", "I see your running low on ammo, move in with you melee, find openings then hit & run.". Things like that, not only would it be insanely helpful, but it would also set the mood. That was a very tense fight, but it doesn't really feel like so. I mean you are fighting two of the meanest & toughest enemies in the game! Put in some suspenseful music, more lotus advice, & this great battle will be perfect! I wish I had a video of that...keep up the good work DE!!!

P.S. Like all boss fights, this one is a h*** of a lot more fun if you solo it. As such the listed suggestions are much more enjoyable in a solo environment. 

No thank you, the last thing I need in a fight is the Lotus giving me good advice that distracts me from running from Kril/Vor.