Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon] Blade and Whip weapons are currently broken - Reduced range on the "Whip" sections [KNOWN]

Yudhaikeledai

Yesterday, post unvaulting hotfix, I noticed my Lacera wasn't hitting enemies at range whenever I tried using the "Heart of the Naga" combo or "Charge attack" - supposedly the whip portion of the Blade 'N' Whip will lash forward, hitting enemies that are at medium range.

I tested this twice. First test is performed in the Simulacrum to remove the variable of walls blocking any melee hits. Tested it, and discovered that the whip portion of the combos only deals damage up to the range of the blade, which is rather short. Normally I should be able to hit enemies up to around 15 metres away on the "whip sections."

My second test was taken in Captura, to take a closer look into the animations of the Lacera whenever I performed a charge attack or combo. this is the result:
https://imgur.com/a/BuddSeC . During normal gameplay, this frame should have shown that the hook on the whip is lashed forward. Here, however, the hook stays in my hand, which kinda explains the shortened range that I have experienced.

Once again to make completely sure that this is not just me, I checked the forums and found someone is sharing the same problem with the Mios

Another reddit thread I posted found replies mentioning that their Mioses (Miosi?) also broke.

Can we please request looking into the Blade'N'Whips and hopefully get them fixed?

Just found this as well. the ranged parts of Lacera and the Mios are not working, however the Jat kusar is working as it should. hope we can get this fixed they're super fun weapons.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

The team is aware and investigating the missing weapon animation. Stay tuned and thank you for letting us know!

what about the other animations that mios has been missing for years? as well as its missing cord textures?

49 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Whoa whoa whoa there buddy one fix a year per object if that, So settle down there cowboy. That's next year if it's lucky enough.

dang, and here I thought we'd finally get the other things fixed, well guess I got to wait another 3 years for them to fix the idle animation : D

Was doing some captura the other day with my Mios and i did notice the same problem with the whip not leaving my hand properly, i just thought i was going senile since it clearly did extend when i tried captura a year back with the mios. 

48 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

So being the console pleb I am currently did they throw us for a loop? @Melos-mevim

wouldn't know about the state of things for you console peeps, but they supposedly just released a fix for the attack animations at least, not sure if they've fixed any of the older animations yet

edit: WHIP TWIRL IS BACK CAN CONFIRM WHIP TWIRL IS BACK!

mios is still using the wrong whip textures, but man I'll take any win I can

Edited by Melos-mevim

15 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

wouldn't know about the state of things for you console peeps, but they supposedly just released a fix for the attack animations at least, not sure if they've fixed any of the older animations yet

edit: WHIP TWIRL IS BACK CAN CONFIRM WHIP TWIRL IS BACK!

mios is still using the wrong whip textures, but man I'll take any win I can

Well I knew some of it was back on PC because I read the patch notes, just wasn't sure if what you went over was.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Well I knew some of it was back on PC because I read the patch notes, just wasn't sure if what you went over was.

well the long missing idle animation is back, the whip extending animations are back but I can't put my finger on it but something feels off.

things that are not fixed tho, the BnW run+block animation is still wrong, its currently using dual daggers instead of the one handed sword animations it used to use. Mios is still lacking its infested whip, and the blades on mios still don't open and close when doing certain quick attacks. 

so progress has been made, but there is still more to go but hey, I'll take having the return of the best melee idle in the game

also yes I am way to obsessed mios

Edited by Melos-mevim