Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Me Or Warframe Is Having An Interesting Pattern?

Spamzillasaurus

I would like to share my opinion, 

I noticed that every time in warframe there is an update we have the hype, the complaints and the "thanks DE you rock" stuff and after a while warframe goes dead because it gets boring, then off coarse we have the news about what's coming, people are waiting and we also have the hype, but keep in mind the game is still dead because they are just waiting for the update to come, the game is "boring" without an update.

If there is an event I think some are just playing for the prize, I know people are still playing for fun but, I can bet the majority is not. I think and I know this has been said a million times, Warframe needs something interesting to keep people playing or having fun and loving it, either endgame, PVP, Or anything really interesting that won't die in a few days/weeks, I know having new weapons, mods, Events and specially warframes rock but, you gotta keep stuff interesting here guys.

I will be sad to see this game dying because it has a good community and a good Staff and good everything please don't let this game to waste.

TL;DR : I think Warframe needs something to keep  fellow  tenno interested in playing the game.

I would like to know your opinion about  this  issue guys.

Edited by Spamzillasaurus

Warframe definitely needs something to keep especially older players busy.

Many people already reached the 400 - 500 hours mark, and they tend to get burnt out fast, even with new content.

I have mixed feelings about PvP, I'll let other people discuss that.

Anyways, leader boards for Nano Spores! 

I would like to share my opinion, 

I noticed that every time in warframe there is an update we have the hype, the complaints and the "thanks DE you rock" stuff and after a while warframe goes dead because it gets boring, then off coarse we have the news about what's coming, people are waiting and we also have the hype, but keep in mind the game is still dead because they are just waiting for the update to come, the game is "boring" without an update.

If there is an event I think some are just playing for the prize, I know people are still playing for fun but, I can bet the majority is not. I think and I know this has been said a million times, Warframe needs something interesting to keep people playing or having fun Either endgame, PVP, Or anything really interesting that won't die in a few days/weeks, I know having new weapons, mods, Events and specially warframes rock but, you gotta keep stuff interesting here guys.

I will be sad to see this game dying because it has a good community and a good Staff and good everything please don't let this game to waste.

TL;DR : I think Warframe needs something to keep  fellow  tenno interested in playing the game.

I would like to know your opinion about  this  issue guys.

This issue have been brought up countless times.

It is quite surprising, really.

Whats the purpose of this game?

How much Lore do we have?

The list goes on. For now, if the DE continues releasing new content, I respect their decision, and I will patiently wait for the DE to truly release a proper endgame where it sates our need for fun. I will continue to put my faith into DE's work.

My opinion is that it is BETA.

Yes, if you have been playing since the beginning and have been doing everything as it comes out, you will be able to keep up with the content faster than it can be created.

When they can finally sit back and call Warframe a finished product, anyone who picks up the game at that point is going to be MANY hours away from ever 'finishing' the game.

Look at how many hours you've played. Let that sink in a little bit. How many other games have you played for 100+ hours?

I myself have spent an absurd 500 hours playing warframe (according to steam). Of course you will have exhausted all the content in that amount of time.

How long did you play mass effect? 30 hours? 60 hours at most? Granted that's a story game. But what about it's online? Maybe brings it up to 100 hours total to completely exhaust all content in Mass Effect.

Call Of Duty. Well in my opinion if you've played one campaign of theirs you've played 'em all, but then you hop into online. It maybe takes 20 hours game time to prestige. That's the ENTIRE game. It merely gives you an option to do it over again.

As for the replay value and the future of the game for us that play it too much, I am hoping the revamped game modes help a bunch. Maybe they will begin to look at additional things/systems to add to the game to increase replay value.

I think, the "it's just in BETA" thing is pretty useless, If it's in "BETA" then I better give them suggestions and/or Warning about what they are doing wrong about the game and what they need to address quickly to their players, and not just sit back and say "OH, it's just in Beta"

I agree with you hours and hours of playing the game is too much but, the feeling of the game going to be dead is just sad.

I think, the "it's just in BETA" thing is pretty useless, If it's in "BETA" then I better give them suggestions and/or Warning about what they are doing wrong about the game and what they need to address quickly to their players, and not just sit back and say "OH, it's just in Beta"

I didn't mean to imply that at all.

However you weren't asking about whether or not to share ideas, but rather if the game was dying.

Well two things would probably last a long while that were thought of and said in livestreams quite a bit.

1st being the Story mode in which you get a lot of lore into the game and make the campaign a little more interesting [mission wise].

2nd being another Solar System being added and a Galaxy map showing up as a expansion to the game.

Even though this game is going at a slow pace with updates doesn't mean that they don't have big plans for the future of it. Currently, the only thing slowing the DE down is the fixes and adjustments. Once that's out of the way, the bigger things come into action like that Grappling Hook shown on one of the Livestreams (which I'm really hoping to use).

Plus, there is some feature they need to adjust such as the Stealth Method and be able to earn a lot more on being Stealth like instead of Run n Gun every mission. Only trend I dislike seeing is that Run n Gun everyone uses due to it being the "Most Efficient means of getting Credits and XP".

This is the usual cycle for most F2P titles. DE are really pushing themselves to keep new content coming out every few weeks, but it's slowly failing.

Why? Because there's only so much you can do with a Dungeon Crawler. I've said it countless times on the forums before; DE need to kick Warframe into high-gear and drag it kicking-and-screaming from the Dungeon Crawler genre.

Edited by Hipolipolopigus

Even though this game is going at a slow pace with updates doesn't mean that they don't have big plans for the future of it. Currently, the only thing slowing the DE down is the fixes and adjustments. Once that's out of the way, the bigger things come into action like that Grappling Hook shown on one of the Livestreams (which I'm really hoping to use).

Plus, there is some feature they need to adjust such as the Stealth Method and be able to earn a lot more on being Stealth like instead of Run n Gun every mission. Only trend I dislike seeing is that Run n Gun everyone uses due to it being the "Most Efficient means of getting Credits and XP".

Well now it's not run and gun, it's Someone asking his freind or the chat to boost him up a dozen missions to fight this boss, Skipping content, why? because it's maybe boring for the newbies also, they did not play for hundreds of hours and they still are getting bored by the missions and skipping them.

I didn't mean to imply that at all.

However you weren't asking about whether or not to share ideas, but rather if the game was dying.

And Im sorry, didn't mean to offend you or anything.

Edited by Spamzillasaurus

This is the usual cycle for most F2P titles. DE are really pushing themselves to keep new content coming out every few weeks, but it's slowly failing.

Why? Because there's only so much you can do with a Dungeon Crawler. I've said it countless times on the forums before; DE need to kick Warframe into high-gear and drag it kicking-and-screaming from the Dungeon Crawler genre.

butbutbut ... how!? Only other direction is arena shooter.. a scoring system, brighter palette and arcade elements might work wonders but this won't fit in with DE's vision of their title. Coz respect for their integrity but i hope it doesn't cost them the game.

I actually prefer Hellgate london to Warframe, yes it was a disappointment to most, but, the teamplay element was more refined.

Warframe is stuck in a loop, rushing out new weapons and relying on those to provide purchases.

Pull your finger out of your *** DE, look at what the players "really" want and do something about it. Stop playing it safe by throwing unfinished/untested/useless content in our faces.

I actually prefer Hellgate london to Warframe, yes it was a disappointment to most, but, the teamplay element was more refined.

Warframe is stuck in a loop, rushing out new weapons and relying on those to provide purchases.

Pull your finger out of your *** DE, look at what the players "really" want and do something about it. Stop playing it safe by throwing unfinished/untested/useless content in our faces.

I think it's not really useless but, it's just bat timing, Dealing with a greater problem is the first thing they must do, but these updates were not useless just bad timed.

butbutbut ... how!? Only other direction is arena shooter.. a scoring system, brighter palette and arcade elements might work wonders but this won't fit in with DE's vision of their title. Coz respect for their integrity but i hope it doesn't cost them the game.

There's no reason why we can't have multiple game types. Have a PvE arena (Since DE won't budge on PvP), have a WoW-raid-esque mission set and keep the current structure available. Build out and up, instead of just up.

Story is prety much something it needs. (also more factions and place-in-order of things depth, but mostly story)

With the playerbase that they have now they shouldn't worry about a lack of weapon and warframe content.

Better yet, with so many warframe planned the warframes begin to lose personality.

With some lore, story, story based misions and mabye an sort of "close" to story where you "for example" save the universe.

People can have at least have some sort of clossing. And gameplay lovers would have a bit of a boost in morale.

Also I would rather play a fun game of a few hours and later have a memorie that way, than to burnout because I wanted to try many weapons and I just

have memories of painfull grinding later on.

There's no reason why we can't have multiple game types. Have a PvE arena (Since DE won't budge on PvP), have a WoW-raid-esque mission set and keep the current structure available. Build out and up, instead of just up.

doesn't sound too bad. provided, i'm not going to be missing out on shiny stuff just because i don't do the silly raid bosses, because those are the most boring thing in the world to me. 

on a side note, i've got just under 400hr (i thought it was higher than that!), and i'm not bored of the game persay, i just know that no game is going to be fun for a 14 hour session. so a few hours here and there, with a break for your brain to change gears so the game doesn't start feeling like Styrofoam. 

Even though this game is going at a slow pace with updates doesn't mean that they don't have big plans for the future of it.

really? i don't feel that way. compared to uh, well... just about every other developer, Warframe has lots, and lots, and lots of updates. which is good! more updates means more stuff is getting done. and i have a box of chocolates with a bow for how much work gets done on Warframe, big and small. lots of hotfixes tackling little issues here and there all the time, which is great considering Digital Extremes is doing it while being very busy with bigger content changes / additions.

Edited by taiiat

doesn't sound too bad. provided, i'm not going to be missing out on shiny stuff just because i don't do the silly raid bosses, because those are the most boring thing in the world to me. 

Because you've never done a raid boss with parkour. DE have mentioned Shadow Of The Colossus quite a bit in recent months, so... Here's hoping.

Story is prety much something it needs. (also more factions and place-in-order of things depth, but mostly story)

With the playerbase that they have now they shouldn't worry about a lack of weapon and warframe content.

Better yet, with so many warframe planned the warframes begin to lose personality.

With some lore, story, story based misions and mabye an sort of "close" to story where you "for example" save the universe.

People can have at least have some sort of clossing. And gameplay lovers would have a bit of a boost in morale.

Also I would rather play a fun game of a few hours and later have a memorie that way, than to burnout because I wanted to try many weapons and I just

have memories of painfull grinding later on.

I think grinding sometimes make the game fun when you earn the stuff you're grinding for but the feeling of disappointment when you got nothing else to do is worse.

Aswell as end game, i wouldn't mind some "fun stuffs" in the dojo.

Moa Racing

Fragor Baseball

Competitive Parkour Course (knock eachother off etc)

But that's just me.

I think competitive stuff is what will make the game rise, not  leader boards  that just sickens me D: either competitive Pve or PVP it will make the game more fun imo.

Aswell as end game, i wouldn't mind some "fun stuffs" in the dojo.

Moa Racing

Fragor Baseball

Competitive Parkour Course (knock eachother off etc)

But that's just me.

Awesome lol.

Stone skipping for the pond?

Fruit Machine, uses credits, doesnt give out random rewards because it will be a "real" fruit machine which requires skill and alot of luck :D

Dojo could be so much more, would love to see it come alive with fun stuff to break linear "kill everything" way of this game. 

Awesome lol.

Stone skipping for the pond?

Fruit Machine, uses credits, doesnt give out random rewards because it will be a "real" fruit machine which requires skill and alot of luck :D

Dojo could be so much more, would love to see it come alive with fun stuff to break linear "kill everything" way of this game. 

The idea of having this stuff is kinda  disappointing, people will be mad that the game changed it's style and stuff tenno became more like Power rangers. changing the style of the game from "ninja, SERIOUS" to "funny and colorful" is a bad step.

Bring story-based events !

Make a war between Corpus and Grineer ! Make Grineer's invaded by infested. Make us "decision-makers" on the Warframe universe's story.

Again this will make the game interesting for few days/weeks. 

As much i would like to see that It's not enough to keep us enjoyed imo.

We need a survival mode. Go in Kill as many as you can before you die. The longer you stay alive the better the reward and exp. Big map and Enemy constantly spawn. No Breaks. You fight to the death.

Another would be a massive War as an event. Grineer takes their cloning technology to the next level and Clones soldier by the thousands or even millions. We go into their secret cloning lab and fight our way to the device and plant bombs. Now here the thing. Moment mission begins we're already detected and massive amount of soldiers awaits us. Not 10, 20, 50 soldiers at a time. I'm talking 100s and 100s of grineer soldiers within a huge laboratory. Moment we plant the bomb there a timer and we must reach extraction point by then or we'll be engulf in the explosion.

The only thing that is going to keep this type of game entertaining and fun is new mission modes and new enemies/bosses, not new weapons.