Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Onslaught is the most frustratingly unfun missing I've ever played

2Peter3Nine

The thing about Onslaught, you can never get a consistent result how far you will get due to the weekly rotation of tile sets.   In some weeks, you can get a majority of great solo-friendly maps, other weeks you will not.  This is crucial as to why you did great with a frame one time and not in another time.

I haven't done Onslaughts for months now but I read in some hotfixes that spawns have been improved here and there.  I hope so, when it was released some tile sets were downright terrible (especially Kuva Fortress); they were huge and had spawn points spread to the corners of the map, making you lose valuable time waiting for new enemies to appear or chasing them down (sometimes they didn't even leave the spawn room, they just stood there). Meta AOE frames were the only possible way to get to round 8 solo.

vor 44 Minuten schrieb General_Durandal:

So far only Volt get's me to zone 9.

Saryn, Ember, and Rhino, have been used, and they haven't gotten past zone 8.
Perhaps i'll give Saryn another shot, but thistime just build for 4 spam, (boring) instead of spore spam.

i'd use spores most of the times, efficiency and strenght maxed, with a duration boost, added shielding, health and speed. this is for me the best solution for this scenario. weapons with area damage and multitarget hits... corrosive and fire elementals.

it's a little bit tricky to spread the spores, but works fine once you get how. and yes, miasma works great in middle of groups 🙂

~

Warframes I've tried

Ember Prime,
Attempts:2
End by Timeout: 1
End by death: 1
Average end zone: 7
Soonest end zone: 7
Farthest end zone: 8

Saryne Prime,
Attempts:4
End by death: 3
Soonest end zone: 6

Volt Prime,
Attempts:7
End by Timeout: 3
End by death: 4
Average end zone: 9
Soonest end zone: 8
Farthest end zone: 12

Saryne Prime,
Attempts:2
End by Timeout: 2
End by death: 0
Soonest end zone: 7

Nova Prime,
Attempts:1
Average end zone: 5
Soonest end zone: 5
Farthest end zone: 5

~

Nidus,
End by Timeout: 0
End by leaving: 1
Average end zone: 2
Soonest end zone: 2
Farthest end zone: 2
I could tell in the first zone he wouldn't be able to kill things fast enough.
Enemies don't swarm in this mode, also you energy gets reset to 50 every time you enter a zone.
What the Hek are you going to do with 50 energy?

Ran Solo Onslaughtht with Oberon Prime.
Seemed promising, but still couldn't kill things fast enough at zone 8, and timed out.

Oberon Prime,
Average end zone: 8

Ran solo through to Zone 9  without really much effort at all with the following slap-dash setup. Images under spoiler.

Spoiler

0QmZKKc.jpgD0sOw2O.jpg

uvAA3CJ.jpg

F7RMq7N.jpg

zMMAQKf.jpg

Never used the Atomos, though my one death could have been prevented by it thanks to Blast proc/knockdowns. Also used Zenurik for energy regeneration, with both the first dash ability and first passive maxed. Main strategy was to make a race track out of the outer portions of the center-most area of the maps and keep casting spores ahead of me while using the 3 skill to make sure said spores kept propagating while using my 2 to keep moving quickly. Used a few charge attacks from the Sarpa to heal occasionally, but overall things went smoothly. Back slid about 14% on the big double-level Moon tile, the one with the big round platform in the center and a side area though a double-door with a massive stair case at the end of a hall. Finished wave 8 with efficiency maxed, heck, finished waves 1 to 4 in the same state.

Radiation Ignis was chosen to maximize the effectiveness of spores by eliminating enemy auras that might affect them, as radiation proc'd enemies don't share or benefit from the auras of their allies. The CC effects from the rad and cold procs help with overall survivability by helping to turn attention away from, along with the aggro effects of Saryn's Molt. Main objective is to propagate spores, occasionally use spare energy with 4. Not fixating on enemies is a huge deal, as is making sure to not aim the Ignis so much as just quickly playing it over a group of enemies and moving on while the stacking spore damage does its job. Different melee weapon for healing probably would have been preferable, but overall Sarpa did its job adequately.

Just ran Frost Prime in solo Onslaught.
He also can't get past zone 8, can't kill things fast enough.

Frost Prime,
Average end zone: 8

Edited by General_Durandal

~Warframes I've tried

Rhino, Nova Prime, and Nidus, can't kill things fast enough, and usually timeout before zone 7.

Ember Prime, Saryne Prime, Oberon Prime, Frost Prime, all can get to zone 8, but not beat zone 8.

Volt Prime, is the best frame for this, my build is,
Energy Siphon, Cunning Drift,
Streamline, Auger Reach, Intensity, Primed Continuity, Transient Auger Message,
and Rank 3 Fleeting Expertise. (-/+40%)
Volt Prime has a high amount of base energy, so he starts every zone with plenty of energy.
Enter a zone, use 4, transference Zenurik void dash energy regen, speedy riot shield mode melee mayhem all over the place.
When 4th's duration ends, turn it back on, then void-dash, speedy riot shield melee mayhem, and repeat.
If you encounter Kuva or Grineer in zone 6,7,8, find a good corner in the center of the map and spam 4+void-dash and shields.
They are just to tough to kill with most weapons.

My melee is Zaw Keewar,
Ekwana II Jai Link,
Plague Bokwin Grip,
Plague Keewar Strike.
Primed Pressure Point, Fury, Reach,
Volcanic Edge, Voltaic Strike, Virulent Scourge, Spoiled Strike,
and Healing Return.
100% status chance, with 6 different damage types, can get 60 hp per strike, multiple strikes a second thanks to Volt's 2nd.

~

My hunt for Khora is finally done.

Today at 8:33pm I got Khora's Systems BP.

Thanks to bad mission setup, I wasn't getting my rewards while playing in public mode.
Onslaught is the only mission I can't get rewards from in public mode.
The hud just wouldn't update for me, so even if I got to zone 16 in public with a squad,
it would count me as in zone 2 still, and I wouldn't get any rewards, since it wouldn't register that I beat zone 2, or any other zone.
So I had to solo it.

I tried soloing it with many warframes, Rhino, Saryn, Nidus, Nova, Oberon, and Ember.
But the only one I could beat zone 8 with was Volt.
He's got it all, a good damage AoE ult that also CCs,
a defensive transportable shield that can knock enemies down that you run into with for his 3rd,
and a speed booster for his 2nd, which makes melee kills much easier.
The only way to heal being a high status chance melee with healing return, you'd understand why attack speed is such a major help.

To all the people who say Volt is bad, you don't know anything about Volt.
He is the best warframe right now.