Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Giving Users The Option to Raise Enemy Level on a Given Planet

Ash_of_Narmer

I looked through several pages here in the fan concepts section and I couldn't find anything on this subject so I figured I'd make a proposal.

I was watching today's Devstream, and saw what DE is planning to add to Jupiter. Firstly, that's radical and amazing, and I can't wait to see it integrated to the game. However, even though DE said that there will be more lore connected to the tiles, that doesn't change the fact that the enemies are going to be sub lvl 30, which is pretty boring when you get down to it. The same thing happened with Earth and Ceres. The enemy levels remained the same, but the tiles got a rework.

The idea I got to remove the lack of motivation to return was to give players the option to perhaps change the level of the enemies they would encounter in missions the run with appropriately scaling rewards. For example. I love playing around on Earth. The tilesets are my favorite in game and the ambient sounds are beautiful, but the enemies are all so low level, there's no real reason to return there because there's no challenge. But if I had the opportunity to change the enemy level to, lets say 40, Earth suddenly becomes an end game viable location to play around in, just like Sedna, the Orokin Tower, the Derelicts and whatnot.

I understand there could be some balancing issues here, so a better solution could be something more like, once you unlock all the nodes on a planet, you get the option to crank the difficulty up past the default level of that planet. For example, with Earth being enemy level 1-6ish. A player who completes all the Earth nodes would now be given the option to set the enemy level of Earth to 20, 30, or even 40, and the game would automatically scale the rewards based on the level of the enemies. This would give the game a significant boost to endless mission tileset variety so the grind becomes less visually repetitive because all the high level missions are all limited to one planet/location on the star map.

An idea of how rewards could be scaled for endless missions could flow something as follows

Enemy Level                                                   Rewards
      1 - 10                           Small Credit Cache, common mods, Endo, Lith Relics
     11 - 20                          Small/Medium Credit Cache, common/uncommon mods, Endo, Lith/Meso Relics
     21 - 30                          Medium Credit Cache, uncommon/rare mods, Endo, Meso/Neo Relics
     31 - 40                          Medium/Large Credit Cache, rare mods, Endo, Neo/Axi Relics
     41 - 50                          Large Credit Cache, Endo, Axi Relics, small (500-1000) Focus drops.
        50+                            Endo, Axi Relics, good stuff, etc.

This is honestly something that I think would give Warframe another great refresher, because as I said previously, end game players would no longer be restricted to places like Pluto, Sedna, and the Void to farm for Axi and Neo relics. Granted, DE would have to figure out they wanted to divvy everything up, but this could be something amazing if it could be and was implemented.

I'm open to any and all feedback on this idea, so please have at it!

Edited by Mataeru
Modified statements, fixed grammar errors

There needs to be a progress system. A fixed one There is such a thing as new players. The star system does that well anough. The game is already confusing in regard of where they are supposed to go or what to aim for. There doesn't need to be added another tweak for people to be concerned about.

Also, new player also shouldn't have to wait for a grind of nodes and a progress system to be able to be interact with updates that impact the world, hence Plains of Eidolon and the upcoming Corpus update are accessible for new players. Otherwise they've to spend maybe weeks figuring out the mechanics of an outdated side of the game to see the actual good looking fresh up to date quality of work.

Edited by Duduminador

6 minutes ago, Duduminador said:

There needs to be a progress system. A fixed one There is such a thing as new players. The game is already confusing in regard of where they are supposed to go or what to aim for. That's need to add another tweak for people to be concerned about.

Also, new player also shouldn't have to wait for a grind of nodes and a progress system to be able to be interact with updates that impact the world, hence Plains of Eidolon and the upcoming Corpus update, otherwise they've to spend maybe weeks figuring out the mechanics of an outdated side of the game to see the actual good looking fresh up to date quality of work.

I think you might be missing my point. I'm not saying this should replace the progression system, but that it should be added to the system so that people who've been playing for a long time have more reason to return to older tiles rather than just going back cause it looks pretty. Hence why I said this feature could be an unlockable after the player opens all the nodes of a given planet. 

There's already a very well done progressions system in place, which would actually prevent people from being able to complete missions of a higher caliber until they get far enough. What with the MR system preventing access to the game's best weapons until you reach MR 10+. I doubt a new player would be heavily confused by a small option to increase difficulty level of a mission node...

This creates 6 versions of the starchart, 6 separate pools for matchmaking. In reality, given the tools available to near anyone, there's no reason you wouldn't just always do the maximum level.

Find the most optimal tileset, set to maximum level, get tons of resources and other rewards for little to no additional effort.