Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR23 Mastery test srsly not fun

Oreades

Now it has been quite a while since I have bothered with Mastery Levels but I recently got the urge, I dunno for reasons? Probably because I realized that I was almost half way to MR 23 and there where some frames I hadn't mastered but had all the parts for. Completed those along with some weapons and boom "You qualify for a mastery test" 

So I went ahead and did a quick google search to see what the test was going to be since the "Do the test" screen doesn't convey any pertinent info and getting to Simaris to try the test out is such a slog in itself. Looked fairly straight forward for I figure hey I'll use Khora since I enjoy playing her and maybe Venari might help out a bit. So I went into it looking for a bit of a fun little test. 

Not even sure if Venari was there, I'll assume she was? Not that the enemies where too much of a hindrance.

But those stupid mobile capture pucks....... like pure "No Fun Allowed".

The fact that they regress if you aren't constantly on them wouldn't be such an issue if the regression wasn't so stupid fast. Coupled with that "Gotcha" zoom they all seem to have down that one ultra long hallway at ~5x speed that is essentially a "Whelp I'm resetting from 90% to 0%" move.

You already lose more than enough progress trying to guess which direction they are going to move at an intersection. To just have them nope out and reset on you, Just...... why?  

And I'm sure someone is going to chime in something to the tune of "because it's a challenge" or "take a better frame" but there is a difference between a challenge and being cheap and I'm sorry that just feels strait up cheap. 

In any case I got to the point where after multiple "lol Nope!" resets I got to ~22 seconds and the bulk 2 pucks left so I just quit cause it was clear that it just wasn't happening. It didn't leave me feeling like I'd almost accomplished something and if I tried harder that I'd "master" it. It left me feeling like I'd just gotten scammed by a crooked carnival game. 

Which I guess is at least partly my fault for going into it expecting it to be a fun/entertaining diversion from the normal game and not something I was just going to have to min/max/cheese through. Which I guess will be sinister phase two of my dealings with this test. 

Now I'm not expecting the test to change, I'm just disappointed in it. Which I guess is the general tl;dr of the feedback. 

Not sure if you're just that bad or what, but MR23's by far one of the easier ones. Loki invis, sprint after the pucks, gg you're done. It can be done with any frame as long as you:

1) Practice the damn thing. Simaris allows 1000000000+ free attempts. Git gud by failing

2) Have the right mindset and problem solving skills. The fact that you refused to even attempt to practice it once before consulting google is, honestly, pathetic. Just that part of your post makes me wish there was a reddit-like system for posts so I could downvote you lol.

All in all, you're simply not understanding how to play the game besides the assumed-braindead-melee spam or Tigris Prime + Zaws or ember

1 hour ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Not sure if you're just that bad or what, but MR23's by far one of the easier ones. Loki invis, sprint after the pucks, gg you're done. It can be done with any frame as long as you:

1) Practice the damn thing. Simaris allows 1000000000+ free attempts. Git gud by failing

2) Have the right mindset and problem solving skills. The fact that you refused to even attempt to practice it once before consulting google is, honestly, pathetic. Just that part of your post makes me wish there was a reddit-like system for posts so I could downvote you lol.

All in all, you're simply not understanding how to play the game besides the assumed-braindead-melee spam or Tigris Prime + Zaws or ember

Oh hey it's that super helpful/insightful "git gud" response I predicted. Thanks for not disappointing with the standard substandard insight :clem: 

1. Maybe if the base menu for the test actually had a "practice" instead of needing to sit through two loading screens for the sole sake of "keeping the relays relevant" 
  2. OMG did you even read the post? Like fer srs, did you? Cause if you did you'd know the literal first thing I did before I took the test was to google the MR23 test.

I'm also conflicted because your reasoning for your desire to downvote (little red angry face btw, close as we got) would imply that you read it (kekekekeke), while at the same time indicating that you have nearly zero grasp of what you read. It's almost impressive.

But if it makes you feel any better I had long since spent all of 10 seconds slathering a Loki with movement speed mods and aced the practice test on the first shot. Tho completion has no bearing on my issues with this test. Something you should have gleaned from my original post. 

Edited by Oreades
used the wrong sole top kek

I feel it's subjective more than anything.

I personally liked the mission. I actually went in on a practice test just using Excalibur. When I found out he wasn't fast enough for it, I came back and tried Nezha on it. Got it no problems because he's way too fast for the mobile points that are moving around. But he was a bit slow.

I tried out Limbo with Rush, Armored Agility, and Mobilize so I could have both sprint speed, and parkour speed. Sprinting around was good for when the points were moving around normally, and parkour when it sped up. I finished it quicker than my previous time by about 3 minutes.

All in all, it's a pretty good test to me. Gives you a moment to think on how best to tackle the situation, and prevail. I am glad it was not an exterminate or some such easy thing you can do mindlessly.

I gather from all of your other replies, that you got it. Congratulations. Move on to the next Mastery Tests because MR24 is Operator only, and MR25 is split between Archwing in PoE style, and ground movement to kill enemies, and melee time additive orbs.

Let us know what you think of those 2 tests. Actually come to think of it, you can pretest MR24 now that you've reached MR23.

33 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

I feel it's subjective more than anything.

I personally liked the mission. I actually went in on a practice test just using Excalibur. When I found out he wasn't fast enough for it, I came back and tried Nezha on it. Got it no problems because he's way too fast for the mobile points that are moving around. But he was a bit slow.

I suppose subjective is fair.

I was actually almost having fun initially, until those hallways nope charges, triple bullet jump somersaults and it was still going from like 80%+ to 0%. I almost quit out the second time that happened but figured "no, I can get this" and if there was a way to score more time, probably could have. The solution not being to get better but just to make fast thing faster which really isn't a thinker. 

You just slather all the moment speed mods in the game into your build, a build that you will only ever realistically use in this one instance.

I mean maybe if there was a reason to go back and try for a better score it might be interesting but there really isn't outside of morbid curiosity. Tho I suppose morbid curiosity was the reason I bothered with the MR push in the first place. 

6 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Let us know what you think of those 2 tests. Actually come to think of it, you can pretest MR24 now that you've reached MR23.

Technically don't have MR23 done for another 20hrs but at least for now the game should stop screeching at me that "you have a test you can do", also another reason I did it lol. thankfully I think it only did that every login which wasn't nearly as bad as the "you have 91/90 rivens, do something about it" whenever you did anything, always and forever, "game I know, you can stop telling me".

Not super concerned about the Operator test I've been bored enough that my Operator is above average and I actually enjoy Archwing. Tho Skywing still has a serious control issue that prevents Air braking when you have sprint toggle on. Tho I wouldn't expect to get either any time even remotely soon, I'm honestly surprised I've gone as high in the MR as I have.