Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe crafting requirements

MaxTunnerX

I don't find it very logical that you can obtain everything for some warframe crafting at your level/planet, but there is often one material which is one or several planets away from you and you need to either rush the game or ask somebody to taxi you there to get what you need (plastids for Rhino, kuva for Octavia etc.). I think it would make much more sense if you could craft the blueprints you have obtained so far from the materials dropped on the planets you have unlocked so far. That means that either the uncraftable warframes should be unlocked like now but should require lower level materials, or they should require the same materials like now but unlock later, when you have access to them.

If warframe parts blueprints drop lets say on Mars, then materials dropped on Mars should be used to craft all of the parts, not just 2/3.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

Having a discrepancy between blueprint accessibility and resource accessibility forces the player to acknowledge the fact that resources need to be consciously acquired, and not something you can just passively magically accrue. The player is encouraged to go further out into the star chart, such as Phobos in the case of rhino, and not just skulk around Mars for three days while rhino is in the foundry.

Edited by torint_man

Unless you are high level and/or got resource boosters or keep doing missions with high level allies, the materials don't just appear in your inventory, you still have to farm a lot of them after you get the blueprints even if they are on the planet you completed. Not to mention you get so many more blueprints later so you must constantly farm. And again, my point is that if a player is rewarded a blueprint on one planet, it should use the planets resources. It just doesn't make any sense that you get all blueprints required on one planet, and 2 out of 3 BPs use the planet's materials, but there is this one stupid part that needs something from another planet meaning you basically have nothing. Devs might as well just give the Rhino blueprints on Phobos and Octi blueprints on Kuva if they keep blocking players like this.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

4 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Unless you are high level and/or got resource boosters or keep doing missions with high level allies, the materials don't just appear in your inventory, you still have to farm a lot of them after you get the blueprints even if they are on the planet you completed. Not to mention you get so many more blueprints later so you must constantly farm. And again, my point is that if a player is rewarded a blueprint on one planet, it should use the planets resources. It just doesn't make any sense that you get all blueprints required on one planet, and 2 out of 3 BPs use the planet's materials, but there is this one stupid part that needs something from another planet preventing you to craft anything. Devs might as well just give the Rhino blueprints on Phobos and Octi blueprints on Kuva if they keep blocking players like this.

I think the frame blueprint drop locations have been shuffled around before so that might be why the resources are in different places.

• 2 weeks later...

How difficult is it exactly, to complete the star chart?

If it's not that difficult, then this post is moot.

If it's too difficult, then you should learn the mechanics do it's not too difficult.

Having the resources scattered about is meant to encourage you as the player to continue to fill out your star chart and hopefully learning about the game all the while. 

Please don't try to complete the game within a span of couple days. You'll burn out from frustration. Do it one node at a time, one planet at a time and I guarantee you'll never want for crafting resources, except maybe cryotic and the other time gated ones (nitain extract, argon crystals) but even then some people have a warehouse of cryotic from farming hieracon, Pluto.

Sorry but no, just no. Current system doesnt make any sense. I would understand if you got chasis blueprint on one planet, systems blueprint on another planet and so on, but getting literally everything (all BPs and all resources for them) on one planet except for 1 resource needed for 1 item from the set is ridiculous.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

Since I'm already at a point where only a select few resources I still sometimes actively farm (argon Crystal's, oxium, orokin cells) this is a non-issue for me, but I could see how this would be a problem for newer players that dont have a clan or friend to taxi them to a planet to get the resource and would instead have to play a few days or weeks through the star chart to get to said planet for said outlier resource requirement. (Hell I remember a time I needed gallium for the fragor but needed to wait for a taxi from a friend, otherwise I probably wouldve never built that thing by the time I could've built it)

On 2018-08-09 at 12:57 AM, (PS4)Ragology said:

I think the frame blueprint drop locations have been shuffled around before so that might be why the resources are in different places.

Yes and no. Blueprint drop locations have moved, mat requirements have completely changed, and some resources have also moved.

As an example, way back in the day control modules were only dropped on Neptune. Then they showed up on either Europa or the Void (forget which), then the other. Nowadays us old players have hundreds or even thousands of them because of this.

I actually almost showed off how the old resource costs worked by claiming they were still the case- I only noticed this wasn't when I went to look up, eg, Rhino, who doesn't even use Neural Sensors or Neurodes any more. In fact it seems like nobody uses Neurodes any more, and oro cells are the exception not the rule. Kinda weird ngl.

Anyways, point is, this won't change because the goal is to give you something to work towards every single time you log in. DE has damn near perfected this idea. Rhino for example doesn't need you to go far from Venus. Mars with Phobos and its void connector cleared gets you everything needed. That's Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Phobos, Void T1. Highest level non-endless is 15.

Add in three more planets (Ceres (oro cell), Jupiter (Neural Sensor), and Saturn (Nano Spores)), and you have access to all resources minus Kuva, which you get from spoilers.

Leave it as is. This is a problem that goes away very quickly... and can be "mitigated" by taxi.

Edited by TheBlueJelly