The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chesa Kubrow - Not quite the carrier dog

TioMegaManX

I wonder if DE may be looking at the pets to improve a few aspects on them, universally I think everyone would like a "setting" for pets to be passive, aggressive or supportive like Venari, in my particular case I wanted Chesa Kubrow because I foolishly thought I could finally stop using Carrier that much, sadly the companion is kind of incompetent right now, on top of the usual overextending pets do Chesa barely fetches items, its range is miserable and of course it has no vacuum on its own, which would serve wonders for a pet that is supposed to be a looter, if there was a time I wanted a Kubrow to run all over the place it would be a Chesa picking up all the loot I may leave behind or that is all over the place during a fight, but maybe that's just me, what's your opinion?

Just now, Nitro747 said:

We all know Kubrows and Chargers are in a sorry state, being beyond useless. Just slap a vacuum for them and 50% of the problem is solved. Also, they should really reduce the huge amount of races Kubrows have.

Or allow us to take more than 2 genetic samples per pet.

i'm going to say this before the riots of people scamming no. vacuum on pets would work. most common line vacuum not being allow on pets "in the end your frame is what picks it up. vacuum only brings it to you" umm so why not allow it work like vacuum mods for the sentients? "because the dog will be moving around" but why can't the mod just give us the same pick up range of the sentient vacuum mod, from our WARFRAME "umm,uhhh because it will pets are animation base they will need pick up each item" by why not allow us to use the same mod from the sentient since it just adds passive of picking up items to our warframe...

remember folks always carry to pocket mag with greedy pull on it.

but done with the joking. their is really no need for this vacuum can't go on pets line. soon as they allow it on pets you bet their will be kubrows and kavat in every misson and want to by alot of armor sets and skins for it. it will actually help D.E in the end. will lead to more sales due to more spending of plat on more items for fashion frame and wanting that rare pattern. it will also make grinding and more stuff to do in game. fram for it for plat. make many imprints grind in void. but also takes cerdits so you most likely end up buying credit booster also to speed it up and such. i see no neg of having vacuum on pets.  but that is in my eyes. D.E has their reasons.

1 hour ago, Meicoomon_Prime said:

i'm going to say this before the riots of people scamming no. vacuum on pets would work. most common line vacuum not being allow on pets "in the end your frame is what picks it up. vacuum only brings it to you" umm so why not allow it work like vacuum mods for the sentients? "because the dog will be moving around" but why can't the mod just give us the same pick up range of the sentient vacuum mod, from our WARFRAME "umm,uhhh because it will pets are animation base they will need pick up each item" by why not allow us to use the same mod from the sentient since it just adds passive of picking up items to our warframe...

remember folks always carry to pocket mag with greedy pull on it.

but done with the joking. their is really no need for this vacuum can't go on pets line. soon as they allow it on pets you bet their will be kubrows and kavat in every misson and want to by alot of armor sets and skins for it. it will actually help D.E in the end. will lead to more sales due to more spending of plat on more items for fashion frame and wanting that rare pattern. it will also make grinding and more stuff to do in game. fram for it for plat. make many imprints grind in void. but also takes cerdits so you most likely end up buying credit booster also to speed it up and such. i see no neg of having vacuum on pets.  but that is in my eyes. D.E has their reasons.

The main argument for vacuum for pets or just put vacuum on your warframe is not even that "it won't do any harm" or the super good benefits to it. Its the fact that Warframe now more than ever is a game that has as one of main cores of gameplay collecting resources. Asking players to give away the ability to passively collect resources (not to mention energy and health orbs) so that they can use a quite lame pet with few real benefits to it is just preposterous and a testament that the devs are not understanding how important vacuum is. 

If I wasn't passively collecting all that polymer bundle throughout the months I wouldn't be able to properly do the Razorback Armada event. If I wasn't passively collecting all that ferrite and nanoespores, I wouldn't be able to build ciphers and utility plates. And I definitely would not be pleased to stop actually playing this game just to do some mindless 30 minute long survival farming run just for that.

Pets are actually pretty good. My Helminth Charger has 5 forma in it and with a near full set of Hunter mods, it has absolutely no problem taking out sortie enemies in one shot, sometimes even stampeding through a small group of them. On top of that, they're extremely durable and basically always full heal you with [Hunter Recovery]; combine that with [Pack Leader] and you have a very good combination for sustain for the two of you. They have innate toxin damage which is almost guaranteed to one-shot any shielded unit.

When you reach a point of the game where the resources don't really matter all that much, it's not really a bad idea to grab one and just invest into it. I'm already swimming in millions of the basic resources and I don't really need Health/Energy orb drops that badly with such a build. The Hunter set is really necessary for some insane damage and it fits seamlessly with most frames that can use the effects of [Rage] in their kit. Obviously, I'm not suggesting that they should be used in every situation, but that's just how Warframe is, isn't it? It's about variety. 

Edited by Xaxma

1 minute ago, Xaxma said:

Pets are actually pretty good. My Helminth Charger has 5 forma in it and with a near full set of Hunter mods, it has absolutely no problem taking out sortie enemies in one shot, sometimes even stampeding through a small group of them. On top of that, they're extremely durable and basically always full heal you with [Hunter Recovery]; combine that with [Pack Leader] and you have a very good combination for sustain for the two of you. They have innate toxin damage which is almost guaranteed to one-shot any shielded unit.

When you reach a point of the game where the resources don't really matter all that much, it's not really a bad idea to grab one and just invest into it. I'm already swimming in millions of the basic resources. The Hunter set is really necessary for some insane damage and it fits seamlessly with most frames that can use the effects of [Rage] in their kit. Obviously, I'm not suggesting that they should be used in every situation, but that's just how Warframe is, isn't it? It's about variety. 

My problem is going to the middle point with a pet that allegedly should be the "Carrier" of pets but almost never collecting anything, I have to literally stand still NEAR the loot if I want the kubrow to consider picking up the loot.

15 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

My problem is going to the middle point with a pet that allegedly should be the "Carrier" of pets but almost never collecting anything, I have to literally stand still NEAR the loot if I want the kubrow to consider picking up the loot.

They should just rework the Chesa Kubrow then to have a different function. I could see Kubrows and Kavats being separated into having combative and utility roles just like sentinels do now. Chesa could take the Sahasa's [Dig] precept and work full time to dig into the ground and generate resource "caches", marking them on your HUD and minimap to run over to. They'd be hauls about as large as what you'd get from a Titan Extractor containing a stash of goodies from that planet's resources.

All in all, some of these Kubrows can use a swapping of precepts and need some identity rework because it just overall feels like they have a weird mish-mash of abilities.

Chesa could be the full-time cache discoverer with reworked [Dig].

Huras can be the stealth support.

Raksa is pretty good as it is.

Sunika could be the straight-up combat Kubrow.

The problem I'm having here is trying to figure out what Sahasa could do uniquely. It literally has the same precept as Sunika for one ([Ferocity] and [Savagery] are literally the same) and has [Dig], which in its current rendition, is actually awful. 

Edited by Xaxma