Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dead Enemies Need Impulse Susceptibility

-Kittens-

I love the animations DE has implemented for deaths, and don't want them to go anywhere, but the simple fact is you are literally punished for killing an enemy or equipping a damage mod with a death-state type.

Which is ridiculous.

So:

The animations should stay as they are, with the caveat that any dead enemy hit by a further impulse after this state is set is immediately ragdolled, no exceptions, even bosses. Even big bosses.

Players should never be punished for killing enemies, ever, it's simply an artificial difficulty modifier.

You would think that since some enemies explode into shards of ice when hit with Cryo rounds, it could freeze the target solid and any bullets that connected with it would propel it back and shatter it upon collision with the floor.
Instead, they slow-mo die. Yuck.

What none of us ever even considered was that the 'slow death' is not an animation oversight... it is a deeper integration of Grineer combat strategy than we Tenno ever expected: The meat shield. This advanced skill functions on the relatively basic principal of "Shoot your enemy without them being able to shoot you. You will win." In Grineer terminology, the noble sacrifices of their fellow clones are a part of the veteran tactic known as "Combat Formation Bravo." It has won them many wars.

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

What none of us ever even considered was that the 'slow death' is not an animation oversight... it is a deeper integration of Grineer combat strategy than we Tenno ever expected: The meat shield. This advanced skill functions on the relatively basic principal of "Shoot your enemy without them being able to shoot you. You will win." In Grineer terminology, the noble sacrifices of their fellow clones are a part of the veteran tactic known as "Combat Formation Bravo." It has won them many wars.

Well said. You have earned my +1.

Or just gib after an amount of additional too; I'm shooting the dying enemy with almost supernaturally charged bullets of ice, fire, and electricity. I really hate it when their dying animation allows them to soak shots for the guy behind him, so +1.