Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Logo Resolutions Need To Be Increased

2perry2

Hello there, 

Clan logos have been a part of the game for a while now and the current size of the logos (128px x 128px) is great for the shoulder emblems because they are small 

Spoiler

QkK9TSL.png

^ Shoulder Emblem 

However when you go the Dojo the resolution of the image just does not work anymore the image becomes very pixelated and in my opinion simply does not do any clan's logo justice.

Spoiler

9oBaUqx.jpg

An Observatory Flag For Example of how the small size just does not work 

I think that if we could have a variety of file sizes for the clan logos that would apply to: The Shoulder Emblem, The Small flags and other medium sized decorations and also the large flags (Like the one in the observatory) 

Alternatively, another way to fix this is to allow the uploading of a significantly higher resolution. This image can be scaled down not losing the detail that is lost when you scale a small image to a large one.

Logos are a small part of the game but, It is one of the things that makes clans unique from each other. When they are displayed I think they should have all the detail that the clan's leaders intended and not use the same image size across all areas where the logo is used.

TL:DR:

Spoiler
  • Current Logo size (128x128)  does not work for all logo placements
  • Suggestion: Allow for clans to upload 3 sizes of images for these various areas 
  • Alternative Solution: Allow the file resolution to be significantly larger because scaling down does not lose detail, while scaling small to large does

For Example (I will use my own Logo for reference): 

128x128 (Shoulder Emblem Size):

k7PmT1P.png

512x512 (Small Flags and other medium sized decorations that use clan logo):

HMbWtXl.png

1024x1024 (Large Logo For observatory Flags etc)(Also could upload this large one and scale to the other sizes keeping detail):

nsZyhMf.png

Edited by 2perry2

14 minutes ago, 2perry2 said:

(Also could upload this large one and scale to the other sizes keeping detail)

if you're really keen on quality, i have to note that taking an image and just scrunching it down loses some detail just as stretching it does.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

if you're really keen on quality, i have to note that taking an image and just scrunching it down loses some detail just as stretching it does.

I agree, and I will edit this in the post but I do believe the loss in detail is significantly Less Noticeable 

I agree and could say a lot more on the subject like I have before in other threads but I will boil it down to one small point. We have to play them for the emblem; in the form of platinum. Look at platinum like any currency! We all receive currency for time; you trade your time to earn currency of any kind. Now this is not to say that DE doesn't put in work OMG no they put time in for us over & over time again. But on the case of our emblem 99% of us create it with a long time and evolving passion! That when given back to us falls short of out time and our artistic dreams. Here is a small practical idea just for starters. Everyone who joins a clan gets a free glf that only displays that clan's emblem? But I am not a programmer or a part of there team so I do not know what my seemingly small idea would costs them on there end to get it done & in-game. But I still fill the pain of leaders who wish to display proudly and everywhere that this is who we are and what we play for.