Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Solar Rails/Solar Rail Conflicts

(PSN)TheGamingD-i-n-o

It Has Been YEARS! sence The Solar Rail armistice was enacted. DE Has taken one of the best PVP gamemodes away and left it to die. i belive it is time once again for clans to go to war once more, DE may not have known it at the time but when they took down the solar rails a community went along with it. i speak of the pvp community. the community has sence been a shell of its former self, clans used to host big dojo tournament were clans would send there best dueler against each other, Clans used to fight for a piece of a pie know as the solar rails . now a days clans and pvp need a major overhaul and i dont mean a rework im mean all hand on deck to fixing clans and PVP in general. Any veterans from this era in warframe can tell you the solar rails was one of the best pvp gamemode warframe ever saw. and yes it had its problems like unbalanced warframe and weapon combos. and yes alot of Cheaters and hackers. but, even if you look past all of that anyone that played the solar rails had fun, even if they lost a fight. and for the PvP community and clans this was a "REAL" end game it kept a player base active every day.As a 3 1/2 year vet all i want is PVP to be great again.  #BRINGBACKTHESOLARRAILS

My thoughts would be along the lines of dark sector missions to acquire components for a key depending on clan size. The key would allow access to other clans of the same level so small clans don't get swamped by larger ones. The idea being that ghost level clans face off against other ghost clans while Mountain clans are put against Mountain Clans

i understand it was unbalanced and in some cases not fair thats why i said PvP needs a overhaul not a rework if your not good at pvp your not good at pvp plain and simple but yes the most common issues could be hot fixed out and yes some big clans did out rank small clans which is why i think there should be a weight class or skilll class of clans say a small storm clan has some of the best pvp players in the game there put in a high division of clans and a dead moon clan that doesnt even really want to pvp they just own a rail there put in the low divison of clans. and if de were to bring it back, the solar rails cant be about credits. the big issue why they were taken down was bc clan owners hire hackers to host modded lobbies to get glitched amount of credits and the clan with the most credits would own all the rails. that should be replaced with if a clan owns a rail and you helped protected it or take it, what ever planet its on you might get a minnor increase in resources when playin on that planet or they could cap the ammount of credits you can give out as a clan and for the unbalanced issues that it might have you can just hot fix them out or get rid of them for example, mesa when she was released DOMINATED the solar rails literaly a single mesa could solo it. i feal if they do bring back the solar rails they should nerf some abilies like peacmaker and maybe cap its range at like 15m and  valkyr's hisstaria so shes not a unkillable murder machine, or make it so mirages clones when theytake dmg it dmg her as well. anyway the list goes on DE can figure that all out on there own

Edited by (PS4)TheGameingDino
mistakes

1 hour ago, Cuchullin said:

My thoughts would be along the lines of dark sector missions to acquire components for a key depending on clan size. The key would allow access to other clans of the same level so small clans don't get swamped by larger ones. The idea being that ghost level clans face off against other ghost clans while Mountain clans are put against Mountain Clans

the problem with that is some big clans suck at pvp and generally from what ive seen smaller clans host better pvp'ers than a massive moon clan for example. i thinck instead of it being mountain vs mountain or moon vs moon because a storm clan might have beef with a moutain clan and the would not be able to fight it out. what i think is there should be skill divisions. if your clan sucks at pvp they should be put on a low skill server and the high skill pvp clans be put in a high skill server where they can fight it out as well. and it shouldn't stop there if your a good pvp player you should fight it out with other pvp players not be dominating some trash noobs.

7 hours ago, (PS4)TheGameingDino said:

the problem with that is some big clans suck at pvp and generally from what ive seen smaller clans host better pvp'ers than a massive moon clan for example. i thinck instead of it being mountain vs mountain or moon vs moon because a storm clan might have beef with a moutain clan and the would not be able to fight it out. what i think is there should be skill divisions. if your clan sucks at pvp they should be put on a low skill server and the high skill pvp clans be put in a high skill server where they can fight it out as well. and it shouldn't stop there if your a good pvp player you should fight it out with other pvp players not be dominating some trash noobs.

Fair point. However I think that considering there's already a PvP/PvE section in conclave and that's hardly the most popular part of WF there's hardly going to be a new version of it.. Perhaps if it worked like the index with a battle royal twist but you risk going into some territory that breeds a toxic area like in some other games but that's neither here nor there.

On 2018-08-11 at 1:31 AM, (PS4)TheGameingDino said:

Any veterans from this era in warframe can tell you the solar rails was one of the best pvp gamemode warframe ever saw.

Yes but no. OG Conclave was the top notch battleground where the pvp community gathered, but these solar rail wars were a great opportunity for some pvx action, because it connected both sides of the medal. It surely gave a lot of players enough encouragement to get into the skill required side of Warframe. Now, without that connection, the fronts have hardened over the years, which is a pity because it'll be a great thing to keep the vast player base busy, interested and at joy. A lot of ppl will state that Warframe is a pve game and pvp is just a side gimmick, yet they forget or never experienced that the peak of the player bases dedication was when Warframe was more competitive. Speaking of ranked events as well as Solar Rail Wars. (and tournaments)