Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolytes often never spawn in a mission

Jax_Cavalera

When running anything other than Defense or Interception, the acolytes tend to either not actually spawn during the mission or they spawn only after exploring 100% of the map.  We suspect this is due to there being a specific room you have to enter to trigger the spawn and that.. is just beyond annoying. If it's stalking me.. shouldn't it come after me? Anyway DE please fix this, i've lost over 2hrs now running missions that took 1min to do the objective for 15 exploring the entire map only too find them still not spawn in coz no doubt there's some hidden tereasure room they aren't comgin into and before people assume I did the mission when it was over for that mob.. I started it when it was located and on extraction.. it still was there to do another run.

if you start up the mission after the acrolyte has left the mission node you will not find it
it best to double check rooms even if another player has checked it as they might not have gone enough into the room for it to count
sometimes you will overlook various rooms that might not seem to count but actually do

These are common issues players overlook when doing these as time is limited on these quick makes it quite hard

• 3 weeks later...

No I went to the back of every single room and hidden area in the map it never spawned and was still available after mission ended.

The simple solution is have it spawn on the player after x time since mission starts, not based on random chance or a specific invisible spot on a giant map that may glitch to an unreachable location.

While the acolytes are long gone by now...

You think you have found all hidden areas. But there can be more that you have never encountered before.  For example, Jupiter gas city tile set has some notoriously well-hidden secret rooms where Acolytes can and have spawned for me. There are no glitches at work, just more hidden rooms. Also, some of those small side rooms with only 3-6 lockers in them which lie within the middle of a larger tile sets, those also count as Acolyte spawn locations, you have to physically enter these rooms to trigger an acolyte if their spawn point is in there; being in the larger room doesn't count.