Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Are Close To Understanding Warframes. Its Time To Turn Off The Powers.

Arlayn

Yes... systems that disables your ability to use abilities till you kill them, or escape their radius... Like a moving Osprey so it can spawn on defense maps to ruin your Vauban/Nova's day, or whatever your all killer press 4 button Warframe is. It should also have a radius slightly larger then the greatest distance any ability can reach with max stretch mod, and the ability itself maxed out. That way even if you are crazy about extending distance with abilities a group of these bad boys flying in on you will ruin your day. Also it should disable abilities once you enter its radius such as disable invisibility once you come within its radius of effect. Which would make it harder even on Loki.  Yes the Osprey that got Loki killed... It will also disable Iron skin, speed, roar, world on fire, and null the effects of enemies entering its radius under the influence of mind control, chaos, and M. Prime.

This could be pushed further to special sniper Corpus different from the usual ones that throw grenades that release a gas disabling abilities while in the gas cloud, and shoot rounds that depletes your energy like the Disruptor without screwing up your screen.

I like the idea of having an enemy capable of disabling abilities, but the conditions you're laying out are a bit much. The range would create very compromising situations, particularly in defenses. With stretch, the maximum potential range of molecular prime's explosion reaches 58m ((25+15)x1.45). 58m on most tiles is well outside of the room and possibly the wrong floor. There's a fine line between challenging and game breaking.

I could definitely see this as an elite enemy for nightmare defense, but for regular gameplay it would just make things annoying in the end.

except high level areas like the sniper units aiding the Raptor.

I like the idea of having an enemy capable of disabling abilities, but the conditions you're laying out are a bit much. The range would create very compromising situations, particularly in defenses. With stretch, the maximum potential range of molecular prime's explosion reaches 58m ((25+15)x1.45). 58m on most tiles is well outside of the room and possibly the wrong floor. There's a fine line between challenging and game breaking.

It could be limited to radius range on a flat ground not going up, or down... meaning if you jumped above it you could use an ability, and if its an open landscape room and your low enough you could use an ability. Then again if these enemies are limited to high level areas its expected the average player would at least have a Boltor, or Lex...

At the very least the energy depleting rounds, and grenades that disable abilities for awhile, or while in a gas cloud that effects the abilities.

Except, skills have infinite range, like blessing and fireball. Ergo, all skills on the map would have to be disabled by a single enemy, if it can be found. What's the actual difference, then, between this and "no energy"?

it switches off depending on the enemy... some can take away the energy, some can disable them once your in range... The main point is to prevent you from running in and using Rhino stomp to murder everything, or using overload etc.

How about an effect that works like a shield osprey? It would disable any player's abilities within its range (15-20m) as long as it has a clear line of sight. When disabled a link effect (pulsing beam) would provide a visual cue to the effect and location of the disabler,

Edited by Karma_Ghost

How about an effect that works like a shield osprey? It would disable any player's abilities within its range (15-20m) as long as it has a clear line of sight. When disabled a link effect (pulsing beam) would provide a visual cue to the effect and location of the disabler,

Less players getting mad I guess lol... Still be nice to see an enemy troll a Rhino, or Nova

I imagine it would still shut players down fairly often. Most people are pretty bad at shooting down airborne targets.

I am terrible at shooting down shield osprey, but regardless the game should become harder as you go farther out to harder areas. If it shuts you down then find another way to win. If you can't then you were unprepared, and you have no one else to blame but yourself. That's when you start working towards being prepared and coming back again. Bring a team next time. Ask in the recruitment chat to bring people in. These enemies just make it more challenging at least with this once you do kill them its almost like enlightenment like YEAH I KILLED YOU *PRESS 4 TO HELL*. Pretty much its satisfying to kill something that is preventing you from moving on. Also as it is our enemies are pretty lame with a armor increase, instead of smarter AI. Its better then high armor, and being forced to only use armor ignore weapons.

Isn't shutting players down the whole point of this thread? Why are you getting defensive about a comment that supports your idea (albeit with a slight change)?

I was getting defensive? I was explaining it... and expressing the joy a player would receive for killing one of the power blockers...