Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there some way to get finer aiming?

Matheoryon

Im not sure how to describe this, so here it goes. When I aim, specifically with a rifle that has a zoom mod, the ability to aim at far off targets is rather "boxy" or it goes in squares when aiming when I try to aim for a head or something. This is kind annoying, since my rifle has high accuracy, and doing a head shot at a distance is easy. So If I really want to do that at a distance, I have to do a combination of keyboard moving and mouse work,which then gets the right alignment. I tried adjusting the mouse sensitivity to very low so it moves slow, but when I get to finer aiming, it still does that "closest square" jump regardless of mouse sensitivity. I would go to a sniper rifle, but i love my gamma core to much, and sniper rifles suck up close.

4 minutes ago, Matheoryon said:

should be 1100, when I mean closest square, I mean this sort of in game grid, not on screen pixels btw.

The reason why I asked this is because I've never had such a problem. Though, my max enemy spawn distance is around 150m on plains, I can snipe them accurately even in hipfire.

Though, this problem could just not affect me as much as I run an abnormally low DPI, and a rather good mouse. So I assumed the problem is more likely your DPI being far too high for what you need to be playing. 

9 minutes ago, Rhino-netlost said:

Was ingame sensitivity changed, or just your mouse's own sensitivity setting?

Perhaps you might want to run a Holster Speed mod instead of a zoom mod so that you can quickly swap to a scoped gun?

Ive had this for a long time, and I really dont know what to make of it. Im sure its a software perk, since adjusting sensitivity doesnt help. it could just be a glitch in the mod itself, since it may not adjust for sensitivity while being that zoomed.

27 minutes ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

The reason why I asked this is because I've never had such a problem. Though, my max enemy spawn distance is around 150m on plains, I can snipe them accurately even in hipfire.

Though, this problem could just not affect me as much as I run an abnormally low DPI, and a rather good mouse. So I assumed the problem is more likely your DPI being far too high for what you need to be playing. 

I really dont know, currently I am using a logitech m500. I dont see why DPI would affect it, since higher is usually better, but I am not familiar with these things

Check the texture of your mousepad, sometime different surface contributes to different
sensitivity and can have sudden jump in aiming.

You might want to experiment around with things like cardboard or whatsoever to see what suits you best.

I tried using mousepads without satisfactory results, ends up using a piece of mounting board serves pretty well
since the texture of the paper seems to feedback the mouse well. 

On 2018-08-13 at 9:56 PM, ShichiseitenYasha said:

The reason why I asked this is because I've never had such a problem. Though, my max enemy spawn distance is around 150m on plains, I can snipe them accurately even in hipfire.Though, this problem could just not affect me as much as I run an abnormally low DPI, and a rather good mouse. So I assumed the problem is more likely your DPI being far too high for what you need to be playing. 

well I got a new mouse with adjustable dpi. It made no difference, as the aiming still moves in blocks the literal size of the aiming dot on screen. I can very finely aim by moving left and right, but up and down wont work well. 

Edited by Matheoryon

Try to play without a HUD. On options > interface > HUD. Your Gammacor’s projectile and your personal readjustment will be enough to hit targets. I also combine reticle movement with strafing left/right.

This aiming video is from another game, but if you freeze AI in the simulacrum, you can get bots to help you watch your reticle as you find your settings. 

I didn’t have to tweak mine on PS tbh, but the idea here is to lose any over or under sensitivity while watching the reticle behavior, both while standing still and while strafing 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El