Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2x PS4 , same accounts

(PSN)xtharbadx

Question

Hi all -

Apologies if this has been asked before. I did a quick search and didn’t find any good information.

Me and my son currently play warframe on the same PS4 at home. We have sepparate psn accounts and PS4 users, obviously.

I’m considering buying an additional PS4 so we can play together at the same time, and I’m wondering if there are any issues I should be aware of before making this jump.

To consider:

1) I want us to be able to play on either consoles, this means switching accounts between both as needed. E.g. maybe today I will be playing on console A, but tomorrow I will be playing on B. Would this affect progress somehow? Besides making sure to avoid sync problems like between game and iPhone app, any issues I should be aware of?

2) Obviously, this is on the same network, routed by the home router ( Ethernet cables, no WiFi ). Given the p2p architecture of warframe’s netcode, will this cause any issues with port forwarding/nat/pat, etc?

Any other feedback would be very much appreciated. I want to make sure there aren’t any major issues here before investing on this.

1 answer to this question

10 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

Would this affect progress somehow?

All your progress is stored on DE's servers. But it may have some affect on the in-game settings. I have seen reports of this on PC, if you have no issues now it would not be a problem. (its a fairly small issue anyway). It depends how the PS4 stores the config files.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

Given the p2p architecture of warframe’s netcode, will this cause any issues with port forwarding/nat/pat, etc?

I have done this on PC with up to four people playing on the same LAN connection together. There were never any issues. We would occasionally get an error about Strict Nat, but it made no difference. If you have an issue, one of you can switch the port you use.

The one thing to be careful of: if you happen to buy platinum and trade it away cheaply to your son DE might pick that up as "dodgy". Its is probably more of an issue on PC (we get Plat discount voucher and people were farming them). If you came across this issue, DE can resolve it if they can see it is a mistake on their part.