The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sacrifice gameplay

Petruarbo

Dear DE!

Whomever designed the Umbra encounters and the fight around Ballas, please slap on his/her wrist, harshly.

PS: The story itself was awesome, epic and tear-jerking. My heartfelt compliments to the entire writing team.

PPS: F- Ballas

I'm glad you did Dante 🙂 , but for me it was too much frustration, especially the last one where you go butt-naked. As for the Ballas fight, I suspect I was under-geared but that many Sentients really amped up the difficulty.

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Did you have a proper amp?

cuz any player that didn’t isnt really informed that they should’ve built an amp.

Yeah, i was pretty much a fully leveled operator with an eidolon hunting amp.

Actually, i did watch about 5 The Sacrifice playthroughs and saw how hard it is without a proper amp or leveled operator (with passives for survival and maybe some arcanes). Most of the time guys were oneshotted by umbras 3 or stunned to death by a exalted blade combo. It took about 30 mins for one of those guys to defeat umbra in one of the encounters. It doesn't look pretty so yeah, i get you.

3 hours ago, Petruarbo said:

I'm glad you did Dante 🙂 , but for me it was too much frustration, especially the last one where you go butt-naked.

The operator only mission... It is hell if you aren't ready for it. Maybe devs should have included some sort of an unique passive for health & damage boost just for that quest, or put some kind of restriction so only players with somewhat ok operator could complete the quest. These are the only two quick fixes that came to my mind right now. 

3 hours ago, Petruarbo said:

As for the Ballas fight, I suspect I was under-geared but that many Sentients really amped up the difficulty.

And about the Ballas fight, you can actually mod your frame and your sword before you fight Ballas. Not that i did, because i kind of hurried to complete the quest and just forgot about the modding. And i believe it is also a problem, because i'm not the only one who did the same. Maybe it would be better if the game put some mods on umbra automatically just before the Final mission. Just like using Auto Install in the actions menu when modding your frame.

So yeah, i personally think there should have been at least some restriction based on operator, judging how heavy this quest relies on being him/her/it. Yes, some people wouldn't be happy about said restriction at first, but imo this would spare their nerves, otherwise their first impression from the quest won't be something like "the fights felt cool (though a bit repetitive) but the quest felt short (maybe because cliffhanger)", but something like "the umbra ecounters alone took me ~an hour total, i'm tired of it and don't want to come back here any time soon", which ruins the experience from the quest and doesn't leave much good memories about it.

That's pretty much everything i think about this topic.

Edited by Dante102