Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advanced Loadout Customization Idea

Here's an idea; let's have completely customizable, savable loadouts.  You make a loadout; frame, weapons, mods, sentinel, colors, cosmetics, everything, then you click "save loadout" and give it a name.  Then, when you start a mission, you just pull up your loadout list and go, "let's see, what loadout do I want?  Ah yes, I'll go with black tie grineer defense, or psychodellic corpus survival, or valentine corrupted run, or whatever."  One click to change everything.  What do you guys think?

I don't want this for the simple reason that I change gear every few games, if I had to make a new loadout or change an existing one it just adds more steps in for no reason.

If it had some way to just go in without using the loadout system maybe, but I think I'd still prefer to not have it.

Edited by PenutReaper

I don't want this for the simple reason that I change gear every few games, if I had to make a new loadout or change an existing one it just adds more steps in for no reason.

If it had some way to just go in without using the loadout system maybe, but I think I'd still prefer to not have it.

pfts... the system would not prevent you from changing gear. how selfish can you be? this would improve the gaming experience of many (probably most) players if they implemented a system like this you could just not use it... you would not need to create new loadouts everytime you changed gear... or maybe you could create as many as you need, is not that we use ALL and EVERY weapon all the time...

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 for this idea i own many frames but i usually run certain mission types with certain frames and weapons, for example when i need to kill vay hek for neurodes a couple of times i go with loki because i want to get to the boss fast, and get out fast, i NEVER take frost to an assassination mission, this kind of system would really improve my "quality of life" in game.

Edited by Orbister

Yeah, see, what I had in mind would only improve the quality of life.  You could simply choose not to use it, and everything would be exactly the same as it is now.  If you only wanted to change one weapon, just do that.  But any time you get a loadout you like, you just save it, and then you'd never have to remake it.  I get what you're saying, though.  If it was done wrong, where you had to create a whole new loadout or something just to swap one thing, then it would be annoying.  The way I envisioned it, there would just be no downside.  The armory would be exactly the same, except it would have a "save loadout" button, then a pulldown tab called "saved loadouts."  Bam.  Done.

• 2 weeks later...

There was no explicit mention of it being optional in the first post.

Not explicitly, but it is implied in order to make use of it you have to actively click a button called 'save loadout'. 

Meaning if you never hit that button, this feature won't ever matter to you.

At the very least, the A/B/C options should be also accessible from the main screen of the arsenal.  That way you can change your loadout in just a few seconds.   Much better than now where you have to click on each weapon and warframe then click a b or c ,  and then hit apply for each change.  Very clunky in my opinion.

Having full loadout options saved would be amazing.

Especially if you use specific weapons and Sentinels on specific Frames (Like I currently do) - It's a hassle to have to re-equip everything, reselect colour schemes and what not.

I'd also suggest having the A, B, C tabs available for items from the loadout page - Allowing quick swapping of mods without having to go into the weapon upgrade menu, changing it then saving for each weapon you want to change - Especially since some of the best builds are Rainbow ones that drastically change between the 3 factions (There's no rainbow setup that does well on all 3 factions)

Having these options available to quickly use when a mission is counting down it's start time would also be a nice QoL change.