The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 U14 [Megathread]

(PSN)ryanaita44

Like other updates and patches, it'll likely take a few weeks so that the fixes done on the PC version are applied to the PS4 build that's prepared so they have no need to have an hotfix patch go through certification right after deployment of the update itself.

As far as catching up goes, I'm doubtful they'll ever manage to have the same build coexist at the same time on both platforms, sadly.

Yes I think Iand yes I already kno all of that I I also kno that DE has been wanting to do cross platform for a while and wanted the ps4 to catch up to the PC I was thinking that the ps4 isn't far behind with this update so maybe there would be discussion of this don't criticize my post this is my first post on this forum so don't call me you people

Yes I think Iand yes I already kno all of that I I also kno that DE has been wanting to do cross platform for a while and wanted the ps4 to catch up to the PC I was thinking that the ps4 isn't far behind with this update so maybe there would be discussion of this don't criticize my post this is my first post on this forum so don't call me you people

Ignore em. Most of the people on the forums PC and Ps4 are pretty awesome. The keyword being "most"

I'm no Dev, but what I can tell you is that there, sadly, is a somewhat more lengthier submission process for updates and such for the PS4, mostly because unlike with the PC and Steam, where DE can release when they like and how they like, they have to go through a certain vetting or application process (as well as make sure all the code is stable for the console architecture.) with Sony.

In other words, there's a slightly different (and difficult) middle man.

Feel free to correct me on my use of words.

Edited by Mattyrogue

I'm no Dev, but what I can tell you is that there, sadly, is a somewhat more lengthier submission process for updates and such for the PS4, mostly because unlike with the PC and Steam, where DE can release when they like and how they like, they have to go through a certain vetting or application process (as well as make sure all the code is stable for the console architecture.) with Sony.

In other words, there's a slightly different (and difficult) middle man.

Feel free to correct me on my use of words.

Well, apparently, if they can update without altering the .exe they can bypass cert. We actually got a hot fix a couple days ago. So I think once things get to where they aren't altering the base game play and are just stacking content we should be able to catch up. Until them thanks for bug testing for us :)

It literally just released, there's no idea when will it be, first it needs to get fixed, a lot, then it needs to be ported, and then it goes to the cert, do you people even think before posting?

oh im sorry i did not know that Ps4 can't post their hopes like some PC Players do. Let the guy express himself although you wouldn't understand since you havent been in our shoes

Edited by (PS4)Brako_El_Mostro

For both ps4 and pc to catch up they will probaly have to pause updates on the pc wich will anger a lot of people, or the can push ps4 all the way to the same  update. If they do the second option ps4 players might miss an event or something else important.  If the want to merge the game it will be difficult, especially since pc players are used to a hotfix every week and ps4 players have to wait a month for an update.

Well I'd guess since we're still receiving quite large hotfixes every day on PC to fix all the issues that came up after U14, I'd say it will be quite a while before PS4 get it. Also Drew has already said that PS4 is jumping straight from 13.7 to U14. 

Hoping that we will get cross platform play in an update very soon - but U14 is a bit too soon. I love playing cross platform with my son in War Thunder and can't wait for it in Warframe. I'll be migrating my PC account to PS4 later today and would love to play with my son who has a blast playing on the PC account. 

U14 isn't even fully ready on PC. I think every time a new patch is released the PS4 build gets scraped and they probably have to restart. 

Also:

44817-SOON-polar-bear-gif-Jcdo.gif

Yeah, same thing happens in War Thunder. we get a big patch every few weeks, but there are usually smaller patches only days apart. We just had a decent sized update 2 days ago and had a tiny one the very next day (probably bug fixes). Makes me wonder how War Thunder is able to do updates on back-to-back days and has no problem with cross platform matches when we can't get the same treatment for Warframe. DE is headquartered in Canada and Gaijin in UK so I assume it's not a language barrier. Considering the games are nothing alike other than being Free To Play, maybe DE can ask Gaijin about the coding that has enabled cross platform for the past few months.

looking forward to the new update. and getting a chance to play an event with the new ui and ships. but with sooo much coming i wont doubt its going to be a while. i do hope they can sneak in as many of the hotfixes as they can. i would hate to have to deal with some of the problems that pc has to deal with for months due to the wait between updates. know there are mixed feelings out there but i am looking forward to the quest system. i love the concept

and being able to due missions with my clan is what sold me since day one.

Here is a link for further discussion and news:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/272502-has-there-been-any-news-on-ps4-u14/

looking forward to the new update. and getting a chance to play an event with the new ui and ships. but with sooo much coming i wont doubt its going to be a while. i do hope they can sneak in as many of the hotfixes as they can. i would hate to have to deal with some of the problems that pc has to deal with for months due to the wait between updates. know there are mixed feelings out there but i am looking forward to the quest system. i love the concept

and being able to due missions with my clan is what sold me since day one.

I look forward to quests as it makes grinding along the way less noticeable and tedious. With the event coming you wont be able to do them since I doubt you want to miss out on the new fire mods and Prova Vandal.

All this waiting completely killed my hype for U14... weather it's next week or next month it won't make a difference anymore (at least to me) and the fact still remains that PS4 is left out and that's just frustrating...

I understand that U14 needs some fixing, but it would be logical to give us U13.9 for the time being, or is there a reason why they can't? because it feels as if we get no attention if that's the case. Really, I appreciate all of your hard work, but it seems that all of your efforts are for PC and PS4 is second-hand

People, many here are making it sem far more difficult than it really is. It can be done and it will bedone, it is just a matter of time. War Thunder has done this and it's working great. It is just th 2 companis getting on the same page and they are failry close and there are plenty of signs, one is that PS4 is not that far behind. Cross-Platform is simple, as I said, it is the 2 companies gettiing thing coordinated.

Like other updates and patches, it'll likely take a few weeks so that the fixes done on the PC version are applied to the PS4 build that's prepared so they have no need to have an hotfix patch go through certification right after deployment of the update itself.

As far as catching up goes, I'm doubtful they'll ever manage to have the same build coexist at the same time on both platforms, sadly.

For both ps4 and pc to catch up they will probaly have to pause updates on the pc wich will anger a lot of people, or the can push ps4 all the way to the same  update. If they do the second option ps4 players might miss an event or something else important.  If the want to merge the game it will be difficult, especially since pc players are used to a hotfix every week and ps4 players have to wait a month for an update.

These both accurately describe the situation. Considering the scope of the patch and how much QA/testing/fixing has gone in, it could even be a month or more until it gets sent out to cert.

stupid SONY and their priority on money and business!

Not actually Sony's fault. The development structure DE uses for Warframe is "Develop PC first then port to PS4" instead of "Develop on both platforms simultaneously" (the second structure would mean that updates would be sent to cert the moment they're released on PC, meaning the PS4 would only ever be a week or so behind). The problem with the second structure is that the majority of the developers are used to developing for the PC platform (and a small handful of programmers and developers then take the content created by the main developers that's been deployed on PC and begin porting it over--this is what I understand to be the method of development, I may be incorrect).

People, many here are making it sem far more difficult than it really is. It can be done and it will bedone, it is just a matter of time. War Thunder has done this and it's working great. It is just th 2 companis getting on the same page and they are failry close and there are plenty of signs, one is that PS4 is not that far behind. Cross-Platform is simple, as I said, it is the 2 companies gettiing thing coordinated.

No. It really isn't. The only way for PS4 to catch up to PC is if DE delayed the PC patches, hotfixes and content updates. The developers of War Thunder delay the PC updates for their game, just like how Square Enix delays the PC updates of Final Fantasy 14 until the day that the update goes out on PS4/PS3. I cannot begin to describe the sheer fallout that would occur if DE decided to delay PC updates for the sake of the PS4.