The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris - Thunderbolt Bugged Or Intended?

stacey69

Thunderbolt giving huge feedback from close and mid range.

http://youtu.be/RpwbdVBOVUk

This mod is awful and needs avoiding like the plaque if its intended. It was not happening to me yesterday. My friend dies constantly from it. I have high shields and health and it would 2 shot me.

If this is intended please change it to add a stumble effect to the player or anything else if you really must punish us for buying your new mods.

Wouldn't mind some clarification on this please. I spend a lot of plat to get Thunderbolt. Near useless now.

Wow.  Looks like someone forgot to put in the code to make the explosion harmless to allies.

On the upside its quite damaging...on the downside its quite damaging to allies.  I was thinking of trying to go for this mod for my Paris but if it can kill you and your allies then I will avoid it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Explosives tend to damage yourself too if you use it too closely to your enemy... would make sense to get some damage feedback if you use that mod that close (where the arrow only travels a inch to hit target).

@Yanga
This mod pretty much makes the paris even worse on boss fights with parties that have a melee frame to stagger the boss.  You cant shoot your much more damaging arrows without severly damaging your ally in that case.  Also I can see this having a lot of trolling potential.  Hopefully they make explosions from this mod non damaging to players.

@Yanga

This mod pretty much makes the paris even worse on boss fights with parties that have a melee frame to stagger the boss.  You cant shoot your much more damaging arrows without severly damaging your ally in that case.  Also I can see this having a lot of trolling potential.  Hopefully they make explosions from this mod non damaging to players.

In that case the 'Ally hit' should be removed so that the only person hit is the owner of the Paris... Person with Paris keeps distance and shoots explosive and allies keep Boss trapped in a corner like I usually see in boss missions.

@Yanga
I can see that working out nicely.  I just dont want to see random people in pugs just killing the whole group 'for the lulz' which is honestly what will end up happening if they dont fix this quickly.  People used to cut off airvents and other single paths through missions with Saryns molt ability and this is much worse.

@stacey69
Have you submitted a bug ticket for this yet?

I think you are mistaken about Thunderbolt hitting your allies. Your video does not show that.

I used it today and shot grineer which my friend was meleeing, it did 0 damage to him. I did it repeatedly, he was standing in the middle of inferno (at least 10 explosions would have hit him), but did not die. Nor did he complain about loosing health or shields (we were using skype, so i imagine him yelling "WTF for the love of Jesus and all thats holy!" if I actually damaged him).

"You can hurt yourself (or even kill yourself) if you stay in the blast radius. This effect does not affect the allies."

from

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Thunderbolt

However, it does damage YOU (the one using paris). Which in itself isnt a bad thing as long as you keep your distance from explosions.

Either way, if you are shooting paris point blank, then you are doing it wrong.

I played with a guy spamming arrows at the extraction point. He died and I had to take a step and revive him. I was that close. I did not get damaged.

Same here, had a dude in the elevator. I don't recall taking any damage, and he was fairly close.

Explosives tend to damage yourself too if you use it too closely to your enemy... would make sense to get some damage feedback if you use that mod that close (where the arrow only travels a inch to hit target).

Yes, when I shoot you in the back of the head with my Boltor I kill you. My glaive rebounds and cuts my hands off 1% chance?:) Er no thanks.

This cant be intended, surely not. Its the last time I buy platinum for new stuff until its tried and tested if it is. 5000 platinum to get Handspring and Thunderbolt. Change the mod and stop handing us something shiny that's really covered in S#&$.

Or just put friendly fire on and stop messing about.

Edited by stacey69

Well i seem to get damage from the explosions at whatever range, whether close up or miles away. Sometimes to my shields and sometimes completely bypassing shields and reducing me to nearly no hp.

I think we need some clarity from the developers here. Is this penalty intended or not? If it is intended to take damage at close range then why am i taking taking damage from explosions that are at long range?

I cant see why they would add a backlash when there isnt any such like in the game. Its totally ridiculous - imagine a situation where you need to use the Paris after having run out of pistol ammo and having insufficient energy to use a special ability? I can't see any reason why it would be reasonable to put in a weapon that would cause a backlash in this situation. 

Primi was 1 shotting herself from all over the place yesterday. Not even affecting her shields. I tested it in the video as you see and it didn't feedback on every shot. This cant be intended. If it is... I want my ricocheting to kill me. My Glaive to cut my head off if it bounces off a mob and hits me on the head. There is no friendly fire spell or weapon in game currently. So why offer a new mod that's near impossible to use unless your so careful it ruins your gameplay.

https://warframe.com/buyplatinum click Thunderbolt. It says nothing about "will damage you within XXXX proximity. $49 <--- + platinum. I'm sure there will be a few people pissed off at this.

Why should we have to use Wiki to find out information? You click links there and get key loggers and hacks on your PC. What are you trying to promote here?

Answer please.

Obviously, having a powerful mod needs something to keep it from making one weapon replace another. If you could spam arrows without hurting yourself into a bunch of melee mobs, why would you use a melee weapon which might not hit all of the mobs.

Of course, if it is hurting your teammates then that's most definitely a bug. :)

Obviously, having a powerful mod needs something to keep it from making one weapon replace another. If you could spam arrows without hurting yourself into a bunch of melee mobs, why would you use a melee weapon which might not hit all of the mobs.

Of course, if it is hurting your teammates then that's most definitely a bug. :)

It's not hurting team mates I don't know where that came from. It's not stated in the description used to sell platinum for real money. If is useless unless your have very high shields and a good comfort of health. You have to shoot even those close range, not everyone can use melee in the way you would be describing. No other weapon or mod does this currently in game.

Remove damage - Add short stumble or "insert here your idea"

There is a bug, we're fixing it. Serration is affecting this which is not intended (it is supposed to be additive not multiplicative).

So does that mean the explosions are supposed to be Paris damage(base w/ mods) + Explosive damage(some fixed value im unaware of)? And currently its more of Paris damage(base w/ mods) + Explosive damage(unknown value + serration moddifier)?

Mainly I ask because if the damage doesnt scale the usefulness of the mod would likely drop quickly on the way to lvl40+.

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe