Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

253 Nodes On The Star Map To 20

Spindle99

How do you feel about DE removing so many nodes and how do you think it will work?

14 planets with 20 nodes total, my guess is 1 node per planet and the other 6 for archwing.

or since there are 20 mission types, maybe each planet has 1 single type of mission and they rotate?  As in earth could have a defence mission then in an hour it changes to a different type, then another planet get the defence mission.

Edited by Spindle99

The way they were talking about it on a previous devstream, I get the impression that when you open the solar map that rather than picking a node that has its own inherent gamemode, level and tileset that you will click a button that says for example "Rescue" and then it throws you into a random tileset (they said even tilesets like mercury would be playable on high level missions).

How the level is determined I dont know, I hope its not more conclave scaling as that would make levelling weapons very difficult and the conclave system is broken enough as is.

About time.

Sure the star chart is a cool idea, but there is no point in having 7 rescue nodes on Eris, or 12 mobile defenses on Sedna.

It just spreads the playerbase thin.

I'd rather see a system where you can pick a misdion type, a difficulty and a planet, with an option to either host or join.

im not that sure, but they stated also on their past devstreams, that nodes will be random everyday in every planet, except the boss nodes I think.

this is just a speculation but' if that will really happen, they can put some random void missions everyday in every nodes in all planets.

I will miss all those cool nodes and their memorable names such as PUCK node in URANUS :) and some other weird sounding names haha. But jokes aside one thing that differentiates warframe from the other games is that the exploration in this game feels so vast with so many nodes in different planets I truly believe reducing the nodes to 20 is not the correct solution to simplifying the UI for beginners why just not show the locked planets and nodes similar to starchat 1.0 instead of them just appearing after you clear the last node on the planet you are currently progressing in I will honestly miss being able to pick from the numerous nodes available which I want to play in. I only see this as limiting the vastness of the WARFRAME UNIVERSE.

EDIT: Its like instead of expanding the Warframe universe they are contracting it and for the newer players and the veteran players it may seem less things to do or explore which will induce a feeling of having limited exploration options as opposed to having infinite ones with the current and previous star chart iterations I honestly think it will be like a step backward instead of a step forward with all the work DE has already put forth with the creation of those 200+ nodes and their names its like the extinction of the star chart since DE is anticipating more warframe players what they should do is to expand rather than contract.

Edited by HARDCORE_DAVE

Assassination • Capture • Crossfire • Deception • Defense • Excavation • Exterminate • Hijack • Interception • Invasion • Mobile Defense •  Rescue • Sabotage • Spy • Survival • Trial

Archwing: Exterminate • Interception • Sabotage • Trial

Fits in with 20 if its per game mode.

Now I hope this is just for public open games with conclave rating so high ranking all lvl30 gear  with top mods cant spoil the game for new people. So everyone can find something to do.

But you should actually still be allowed to choose to solo or friends only specific maps and modes as how would you ever find specific mods in the timely fashion if it was random daily.

Edited by Firetempest

So basically they'll create 1 node for every mission type, tileset choosen casually? Not even 1 mission type per tileset?

I mean, if I would like to play a Capture mission on Mars, but that day the only one available is on Venus, I couldn't do it? I'm worried about both game variety, both the fact that a lot of units don't spawn on every mission/tileset, so it will be a pain to farm rare mods.

I'd honestly rather that every planet had one node for each mission type (that was applicable, so no Survival and Excavation in the same one) instead of some ridiculous reduction in what you get. There still may be blank nodes not being played, but there's a far cry from one unplayed Mobile Defense on a planet and four.

I wonder how its gonna be. I think 20 nodes is fun. Right now I can't complete all nodes because no one plays them. And I don't like to go solo ^^,. and they said that there would always be something to do with the new nodes system maybe they want to try to make it more immersive? I mean it seems logical that we are aware of 20 enemy ships and not 256 of them.

So basically they'll create 1 node for every mission type, tileset choosen casually? Not even 1 mission type per tileset?

I mean, if I would like to play a Capture mission on Mars, but that day the only one available is on Venus, I couldn't do it? I'm worried about both game variety, both the fact that a lot of units don't spawn on every mission/tileset, so it will be a pain to farm rare mods.

Exactly my point for us veterans and even newer players starting the game they will realize that the game has limited exploration or variety potential well especially us veterans that got used to having to choose between 250+ nodes the newer players might even think they have already completed the game once they have done each mission type since its ONLY ONE NODE.

EDIT: Plus add in the fact that all the lost mastery xp the newer players will not ever have because the nodes will be taken out it will take a longer time for them to reach our ranks. Also the amount of work we put to actually finish or complete all the nodes for  completion only to see them disappear within our grasp.

Edited by HARDCORE_DAVE

Let's also keep in mind they also said this is a very long term goal as it would be a massive change. They'd no doubt have to adjust looting mechanics etc if it does end up being random planet selection.

It may also be that they make the menu multi layered, you first click the gamemode and then click the planet you want (for Assassination it would be replaced with bosses perhaps, or continue with planets to save on assets). If they do it like that the issues of finding loot, particular enemies etc are solved. The thing that doesn't get solved by that is enemy level still, I really hope that doesn't get linked to conclave rating.

Edit: I still think going back to the old star chart would be a better idea, trim it down so theres less nodes on places such as Sedna if thats the issue. Maybe it's because I haven't played it as a new player but I don't have the foggiest idea what the planet order of progression is now. You can kinda guess from the levels but theres no indication really what planet's boss leads to what other planet. Atleast that was blatantly obvious in the star chart. Admittedly star chart would be a nightmare on consoles.

Edited by Jag272

I really, really don't see this without suspicious eyes...

I can handle changes, but this would be a radical one!!!

(already seeing the rage threads when it'll come out)

Agreed DE always likes to do the extreme side of things they could have easily simplified the UI by showing the locked planets and nodes to the beginner instead of removing all the nodes to guide the newer players where to go next or what planets are still left to explore I honestly think it might not be a good long term solution.

I guess it will be as many have said, every planet will have 1 single node and that node will rotate mission type and a void tear might or might not open up on each one.

I gotta be honest in that I really don't like that idea much, it fixes the problems the game has but it causes a whole lot of other ones.

If this really is how they are doing it I think they should try talk with the players about it and get feedback before they add it and an outrage ensues.  Just look at what happened with the paid mods on Steam and how they had to climb down over it due to misreading their users.

I still want to be able to choose which planet I want to do the specific mission and which tile set it will have I really do not like it to be random. As it will even give us veterans even less variety and will further bore us our options to even choose where we want to go are now limited or restricted.

Agreed. I think DE's intentions are good, they want us to be able to play high level content on any planet so we can go around different tilesets still being challenged rather than camping Ceres or what not. So far it seems theyre taking it to the extreme though but since it's an early idea anything could change before we see it actually happen.

I think that 20 is too much it needs to be lower and the planets are too much also we only need like 4-5 planets and the frame number should also be only 3. Then you get a perfect game but increase the grind a bit unfair pvp is in now so that a step in the good direction.

Warframe needs to seek its Destiny!!!!

Agreed. I think DE's intentions are good, they want us to be able to play high level content on any planet so we can go around different tilesets still being challenged rather than camping Ceres or what not. So far it seems theyre taking it to the extreme though but since it's an early idea anything could change before we see it actually happen.

Yes see the problem is they should before making any sudden drastic EXTREME changes survey their player base first and get input feedback from them before enraging a lot of people and retracting the sudden change they did only to make things worse by adding band-aid solutions before realizing the most efficient way of handling the game issue.

I think that 20 is too much it needs to be lower and the planets are too much also we only need like 4-5 planets and the frame number should also be only 3. Then you get a perfect game but increase the grind a bit unfair pvp is in now so that a step in the good direction.

Warframe needs to seek its Destiny!!!!

^Don't know if serious or troll wants to further decrease variety in game probably the latter lol

Yeah destiny joke reference still don't give DE bad ideas they might actually do it :/ haha

If they ever seriously think about what Aratir said, I'd sign out immediately after reading the first words in the patchnotes...

Changes

- The star chart will only have 5 mi-

seinfeld-George-Costanza-im-out-of-here-