Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Fps Strain >>> Atlas' Tectonics And The Hits It Takes

Phailberry

So a fellow adventurer found and tested the strain of the Tectonics bulwark and the bullet hitting animation it makes when fired at. It produced enough sparks and chinks to drop the frame rate for the player, or even crash the player if their computer cannot handle that stress.

We've taken the time to push it's limits with a Phage with plenty of fire rate mods.

Fellow adventurer crashed nearly immediately once the hits were produced on the bulwark.

My computer suffered a fps drop from 60fps to 13fps or so.

Overall, it's sorta like how when the Stug came out and the fps drops immensely. Just hope that DE soaks in this small info.

leave a comment below if you've had something similar with Tectonics and such.

If your friend is seeing the Warframe Crash Handler when his game crashes, I'd be curious to know what the WAR-# he received was. We've been able to recreate the issue you described here at the studio, and we'll work on making the hit effect less pronounced to help performance.

I am not the only one heh?

Somebody erected a tectonic wall into my face when I was shotin at corrupted with mah quanta vandal.

Millions of rock particles sprayed out of the wall when my quanta hit it and the game completely froze. :(

We've removed hit effects from the Tectonics Wall completely for the next update, so continuous fire weapons (or any other weapon for that matter) shouldn't cause issues now when you bring along an Atlas.

Will the efx return or be revised? Were there an overwhelming number of these complaints? Should low-end OR midrange systems set the tone for optimization?

Edited by RawGritz

We've removed hit effects from the Tectonics Wall completely for the next update, so continuous fire weapons (or any other weapon for that matter) shouldn't cause issues now when you bring along an Atlas.

hm. i would think scaling it with the Particle Quality setting would absolve?

*comes back to this thread a week later*

*drinks greedymilk . . . . then chokes*

Oh, nice to see this is addressed. I'm sure this is an issue for many Atlas tenno out there.

I'd enjoy grabbing that WAR-# for you, but i can't crash myself that easily. I'm sure your replicated results will be just fine though. Have a nice day.