Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Concept] Parallax, Corpus Gunblade

AridTeflon

tumblr_nwjvoqT5da1s6gn13o1_540.jpg

I've been wanting Gunblades for a while now, and why not make a concept of it.

It uses High Noon. It shoots a straight, vertical laser sheet that has sinusoidal waves. It would shoot its laser like an Opticor (Sudden and Hitscan). The Lasers have Punch Through. Whenever it kills an enemy, it slashes them laterally. It resembles the Flux Rifle.

Stats: 

Damage: 45.0

Impact: 4.5

Puncture: 4.5

Slash: 36.0

Attack Speed: 1.0 

Critical Chance: 5.0%

Critical Damage: 2.0x

Status Chance: 25.0%

Charge Attacks: 

Damage: 70

Slash: 60

Puncture: 10

Range: 25m

PunchThrough: Yes

Edited by AridTeflon

i really like the idea and you used reasnable stats. and you even had drawn it, bruh its so detailed. 

i would like different faction designs for the gunblade as well tbh, this seems like the best one ive seen. 

i sorta dislike high noon atm due to the way the shots in the combo are aimed, they shoot passed the target rather than aim for the mid section like most stances, i wouldnt mind a unique stance for this particular idea but thats a different topic.

Agreed, this is without a doubt something that I'm sure a large part of the community would support if it gets noticed enough. However, there are a couple of things I'd like to suggest.

Firstly, the blades used for melee attacks seem to be sandwiched in between parts of the weapon, and don't extend the entire lengths of the sides. I feel like that design would result in awkward-looking hit-boxes, for example if you were to slash at an enemy at maximum range. Then it would appear to have only the non-bladed tip of the weapon (or just the prongs themselves) hitting the enemy, and yet they still get slashed apart. To remedy this I suggest extending the blades all the way to the prongs, in however way you'd prefer to implement that without changing the Flux Rifle look.

*Suggestion for unique stance below* (New topic?)

Secondly, (although this doesn't exactly have to do with the weapon itself) I believe that this gunblade deserves its own unique stance, instead of utilizing only High Noon. High Noon gives off a sort of Wild West feel, which I don't feel would be appropriate for a laser-based weapon of highly-advanced technology. Also, the description for High Noon states that "Bullets spray...", which does not accurately describe the idea of a laser hitscan shot. I have an ultra basic concept in mind of a new, thematic stance that exhibits fluid movements (fits the idea of sinusoidal waves) mixed with some Matrix-like finishers (fits the overall advanced technology theme of most laser weapons). I hope you're dedicated enough to this concept to take on the extra work of thinking up an original stance; it would be a pretty big HUGE factor in setting this gunblade apart from the Redeemer.

Regardless, I think you did a crazy good job with the concept, Arid! I'm very excited to see where this thread will go from here on out; DE PLEASE NOTICE THIS!!!

Edited by Sleetster

Considering DE's trend of reusing models and making weapons be craft components this is right up their alley. I could only wonder what the flux rifle would need to be combined with? Making a redeemer again seems silly since it's already a combo weapon but maybe a plasma sword or Serro would work.

I'm going to add some stuff about this concept weapon: 

1. I thought of the name, Parallax, because of the 2 parallel beams that it shoots and I think it fits well for a Corpus weapon. Parallax originally meant the changes of how an object's position has changed depending on your perspective. 

2. If DE did put this in-game, I would be really glad if it was used by the Modular Corpus, especially the Scrambus. They are supposed to be more acrobatic and fast, right? Design-wise, the Parallax would go really well with the appearance and fighting style of the Scrambus.

3. It should be a Clan-research weapon that requires the Convectrix research as its prerequisite. It should use 5 Fieldrons, 400 Oxium, 900 Circuits, and 1 Forma. 

4. It should come with a bundle that includes the Flux Rifle and the Spectra.

Edited by AridTeflon

This sounds really awesome, I was a huge fan of the redeemer and a Corpus variant sounds even cooler. Sadly I'm at school and can't see the picture because for whatever reason the pictures don't load when I use the forums here, so I'll check out the picture later