Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Water Warframe/fan Art

No.88

Obviously inspired by warframe, I watched a weird documentary on deep sea fish. I wanted to combine them and so I made up a frame that I kind of pictured if they ever made a water type.

I really hope I'm posting this in the right spot, because I consider it fanart for the game.

Anyways, just wanted to share what I came up with. Hope you guys like the idea!

NO.88 is my warframe name. Play with me! :)

2ez3dc4.png

I realize that I posted this in the wrong place, but I don't know how to move it or delete it. :\

Edited by No.88

Very cool! The gills are an awesome touch.

Would this be a squishy Warframe where he/she can bend to avoid bullets?? Oh the possibilities.

Keep up the good work, would love to see more!

Thanks! I just drew up the idea. Not sure on any powers or stats. I guess that's up to you :P

I love the aquatic look to this frame, I'd love to see something like this in the game, but I just can't see water being used effectively to match a Tennos needs on the battlefield, maybe a support frame?  Hopefully it could be a support frame someday, and maybe people won't complain about all femframes being casters, which is an absurd thing to argue about.

Your Warframe is amazing, woaw man! Freakin' good job on this fanart... I like her much, so much that I'd like VERY VERY much to see her in actual game. Some freakish combination of Nekros with Nova styling - that's how I see her and that's what I like most about it. ^^ 

Your Warframe is amazing, woaw man! Freakin' good job on this fanart... I like her much, so much that I'd like VERY VERY much to see her in actual game. Some freakish combination of Nekros with Nova styling - that's how I see her and that's what I like most about it. ^^ 

Thank you! I enjoy the feedback I got for it for the most part! I may make some other frames down the road.

Is it just me, or does she look... rather thin? Or have a strange ratio between torso size and hip size? Her hips and legs seem much, much larger than the rest.

There is also very little water in the game itself, so it seems a bit misplaced.

Other than that, the helmet looks a bit... off. It looks more like a combination of some Grineer unit and the Infested, rather than Tenno. Was that intentional? The ribs and the hipbones are also a bit disturbing to see. She resembles a disfigured anorexic, and that does not exactly reflect good on me. She looks very naked underneath that armour, as seen by the belly-button being drawn in.

I'm sorry if I seem to be overly negative of this. The look is not resonating well with me, but aside from that, it is drawn tremendously well. The lines are smooth, and the sharp angles are smoothed out just enough to not be hard where it should be. The colours quickly hammer in the proper theme (water) of the frame. Upon seeing it, I immediately think "water warframe". It does not fit the universe, but it is not necessary to think about that. Although personally I would suggest replacing the red and purple tones with other diverse blue and green shades. Purple and red are not natural water colours. The exo-skeleton is a nice touch. It makes the Warframe unique, not just "water".

All in all, it is well drawn, very well coloured. But the body itself is not... proper, I should say.

Is it just me, or does she look... rather thin? Or have a strange ratio between torso size and hip size? Her hips and legs seem much, much larger than the rest.

There is also very little water in the game itself, so it seems a bit misplaced.

Other than that, the helmet looks a bit... off. It looks more like a combination of some Grineer unit and the Infested, rather than Tenno. Was that intentional? The ribs and the hipbones are also a bit disturbing to see. She resembles a disfigured anorexic, and that does not exactly reflect good on me. She looks very naked underneath that armour, as seen by the belly-button being drawn in.

I'm sorry if I seem to be overly negative of this. The look is not resonating well with me, but aside from that, it is drawn tremendously well. The lines are smooth, and the sharp angles are smoothed out just enough to not be hard where it should be. The colours quickly hammer in the proper theme (water) of the frame. Upon seeing it, I immediately think "water warframe". It does not fit the universe, but it is not necessary to think about that. Although personally I would suggest replacing the red and purple tones with other diverse blue and green shades. Purple and red are not natural water colours. The exo-skeleton is a nice touch. It makes the Warframe unique, not just "water".

All in all, it is well drawn, very well coloured. But the body itself is not... proper, I should say.

I'm sorry you're so unhappy with my concept. I'll keep your comments in mind and try to do better next time.

I'm sorry you're so unhappy with my concept. I'll keep your comments in mind and try to do better next time.

It's not that I'm unhappy with your concept at all. I just don't feel that it fits very well into the Warframe universe, with the almost absolute absence of water.

It's not that I'm unhappy with your concept at all. I just don't feel that it fits very well into the Warframe universe, with the almost absolute absence of water.

I understand you're pointing out the realism of the frame. But this is also in a universe with psychic/fire blasting/skin shedding warframes. I see it that way, and I felt like water would just be something interesting to add. Not to mention they talked about wanting to add rain and water into the game on primetime last episode, and that some of the rocks you land on do have water in them. Waterfalls even. Thanks for the comments though!

Edited by No.88