Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Feel The Brakk Is Game Breaking?

Truzie

I was with a group in a defence today, and all 3 of the other members where sporting a Brakk with blast elements. They simply stood at the defence point with their REDICULUS status chance and damage taking us easily to wave 40 without moving or using a single ability.

I'm just coming back after a few month break, I'm a player from beta with a founders package, and a few purchases of platinum, and I feel pretty cheated. Not only is this weapon among the best for damage, but it does equal damage in every catagory, making it perfect for every situation, has a nearly 100% status chance (10% per pellet x 20 pellets with a multishot mod) I mean, come on, no damage fall-off, massive status chance, massive crit, well rounded damage types, 1 second reload, more shots per mag than DUAL broncos. Theres no reason not to use it.

I know you had to do an event to get it, gratsto all that participated, I had a kid and quit gaming all together for a little while, so life got in the way. Hell, if I got an email saying "we are starting an event tomorrow and the reward is a game breaking pistol shotgun better than any primary or secondary in the game and this is your only chance to get it!" I probably would have paid a babysitter for a couple days.

Thats just my 2 cents, and I dont feel like things like this should be released as one time event rewards. I've played many an MMO in my days, and similar events usually reward cosmetic things that cant ever be obtained, which is fair. But when I'm seeing an unranked mag frame stun locking and killing groups of 50+ mobs from 50 yards away with a free no longer obtainable pistol, its safe to say I regret every dollar I've spent on this game, beause its obviously going in the wrong direction.

oh no. 20$
what ever shall they do.

just because you have a life, doesnt mean other people cant - not have a life
you're raging because someone has a better item then you in game.
its a Co-Op game.
There's no competition between eachother.
the goal is- not to die.
not
"beat the other 3 people in my party"
be happy you have op weapons, so you can  get to level's 70+

its a Co-Op game.

There's no competition between eachother.

You actually think that is a legit reason to implement unbalanced and broken weapon? Expect a nerf. DE is continuously adjusting the new damage system and all the weapons included. If you don't believe me: Iron Skin. Enough said.

Edited by R3leaZ

Ignore the trolls. You bring up some valid points and I agree with some/most of them. I don't like exclusives either. I worked for the reward during the event but I won't feel cheated if they eventually add it to the market or have the BP as Lotus gifts.

Edited by KentReeves

R3leaZ, on 04 Dec 2013 - 2:56 PM, said:

You actually think that is a legit reason to implement unbalanced and broken weapon? Expect a nerf. DE is continuously adjusting the new damage system and all the weapons included. If you don't believe me: Iron Skin. Enough said.

I'm still waiting on Nova...

Nice to see many posting above me has taken the "cry moar" road, so let me go with a different method, by saying i feel for you bro, the event weapons are almost always the best in thier catagory, its a reward for what usually amounts to, since this is still a beta, and the events mostly are just very cerimonial new concepts they want to test, giving a beta tester's claim to supiriority weapon for those who helped. Honestly it validates me as a founder who bought up to grandmaster to support this game to see that Warframe isn't just pay to win, that just because you spend tons on plat you can't buy yourself onto the level of senior players or those more devoted to playing than you.

That said, I do feel sorry for everyone who missed thier chance at a Brakk, and Strun wraith and myself regret missing the snipetron vandal and primed chamber event, but that is why even when i am not playing religiously i check the site every so often to see if a new event is happening, because we can assume by now if it promises a weapon it will almsot certinly be at the top of it's class.

Edited by MagnumX

Brakk is the new Acrid!

I'm still waiting on Nova...

Actually Molecular Prime is nerfed. We're not exactly sure how yet but a lot of times a guy, or a few, is untouched by damage when several other guys explode just beside them. This disrupts the chain of explosions resulting in lesser damage overall.

Actually Molecular Prime is nerfed. We're not exactly sure how yet but a lot of times a guy, or a few, is untouched by damage when several other guys explode just beside them. This disrupts the chain of explosions resulting in lesser damage overall.

Sounds more like a glitch than a nerf to me.

That said, I do feel sorry for everyone who missed thier chance at a Brakk, and Strun wraith and myself regret missing the snipetron vandal and primed chamber event, but that is why even when i am not playing religiously i check the site every so often to see if a new event is happening, because we can assume by now if it promises a weapon it will almsot certinly be at the top of it's class.

I spent many hours that primed chamber weekend event and killed well over 1300 informers but that apparently wasn't high enough due to an exploit people found to find informers very quickly.  Averaging 1-6 informers per mission made this incredibly frustrating to spend so much time for nothing.

Um, yeah about that, they do have some patently overpowered weapons even in the new damage system, tweeks or not, they do intend for event weaposn to be supior.

Brakk isn't a Prime or Vandal weapon, so it SHOULD end up in the Market eventually.

Or else I'm gonna get really &!$$ed at DE.

there is a fair chance we will be seeing the corpus Detron, but i sincerly doubt they will make the Brakk widely obtainable, if they did not intend it to be an exclusive they would nto have errected such a massive barrier of missions to obtain one during the event.

Well, thanks for all the input to this topic. I think I'll be hanging up my hat till this all gets balanced out. After HUNDREDS of hours of gameplay (according to steam) I'm beaten out by new players with an event reward that have never supported the game. *Frustration Intensifies*

I love my Brakk but I don't use it for everything. It is a great secondary and the damage is great and I love that it has equal damage across all types. I understand life happens but at the end of the day it's just a game. I don't feel it "broke" warframe. A lot of folks didn't get it and since it's not on the market the game won't be filled with people running it. The folks that got it use it. Great. Eventually DE will probably make it obtainable but if not I'm sure something will eventually take its place. Good luck with your new child. I hope you one day get to game with him or her. Cheers.

Sounds more like a glitch than a nerf to me.

Thought of that, but let's not exclude the possibility that it's a nerf.

I'm thinking maybe DE did at least one of these...

-reduced successive range of explosions

-reduced successive damage of explosions

-placed max number of targets per successive explosions

Edited by tantananan

its safe to say I regret every dollar I've spent on this game, beause its obviously going in the wrong direction.

This kind of response makes me immediately want to take a "Your tears are delicious" route in responding. BUT... I will refrain from doing so. 

1. The Brakk doesn't break the game.

2. There are plenty of other weapons that also do pretty ridiculously well.

3. Please don't cry about exclusives, seriously.

4. Nothing says the Brakk is going to be anything more than a timed exclusive. It isn't a special variant (wraith/vandal).

5. I'm glad it isn't total crap/equal to other similar weapons (bronco). It took too much work to obtain for that to be fair.

6. Are you really complaining that a group managed to go through a defense mission without spamming their ults?

[size=1]Cry more, your tears are delicious[/size]

Thought of that, but let's not exclude the possibility that it's a nerf.

I'm thinking maybe DE did at least one of these...

-reduced successive range of explosions

-reduced successive damage of explosions

-placed max number of targets per successive explosions

Ugh. It's not the mobbing capabilities of the skill that's overpowered. It's the fact that everything else that it has makes it the perfect ultimate for pretty much any situation at all. Take away the mobbing, and Nova loses the "glass cannon" theme and becomes a simple Offensive Support.

What the devs need is to remove the Offensive Support (e.g. the completely unnecessary 2x damage to affected enemies) so she can just be Glass Cannon.

I still use Despair over brakk, just because I rather hold down mouse button then click it/macro.

Also why not use the soma? It dishes out more damage then brakk.

Game never had balance with weapons there is always 1 that stands out, but I see where you coming from you can not own the best 2ndary because it being a event only weapon.

I Personally think mods and weapons should not be exclusive to events, I think skins/cosmetic stuff should be exclusive.

Getting weapons or mods on events is fine as long as they will eventually be released into game, like the ammo conversion mods.

This usually bums out most new players or people who missed out on events. As a business model I think its not so good.

Edited by MindlessWar