Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invasion Nodes Needs A Minimum "lifetime".

Brimir

The popular ones are just over too quickly. I started at 50% and was barely able to run my five solo play-throughs before the node was resolved (final run at like 6-5% left).

Invasion Nodes need like a one hour-long timer where it stays active, regardless of completion %.

Edited by Brimir

I could if I wanted to, but I respect Brimir.

My idea was to rework the mission itself so that we wouldn't have to derp-rush 5 boring missions.

i meant the spirit of the post, rushing like speedy gonzales for a reward when the devs claim that warframe should be played and not rushed, well, is a problem.

It doesn't help that at peak hours this invasions get overloaded which in return makes them glitch, so you end up with unregistered progress or, even worse, a reset one.

I was on my last run when the invasion apparently ended -- no clue if it would count, no chance to check the end status anyway.

I wonder what DE can do when over 400 squads are supporting one faction.

DE should add rule if  you start last run when there is still 1% left, it should count all runs when i complete it. Even if the invasion is already ended while I'm playing it.

Btw, my game was "lagging" registering my completed runs. I had to click on Titan and back couple more times, before it counted my previous completed run.

How many players from those over 400 squads, actually got their Catalyst bp?

Edited by Buldozers

It doesn't help that at peak hours this invasions get overloaded which in return makes them glitch, so you end up with unregistered progress or, even worse, a reset one.

I was on my last run when the invasion apparently ended -- no clue if it would count, no chance to check the end status anyway.

Same thing here, it doesn't count apparently.

I'm surprised with myself for actually completing both of them in time while solo-rushing. I hated doing it, but it didn't seem to go as fast as it has before. If that's true, maybe DE tried making it so more runs need to be made for it to be over? I dunno. I would prefer some kind of grace period or timer over an extended completion percentage.

I disagree with OP, If the reward is good enough say Catalyst or Reactor something you really want you should run with your clan and get it done super fast. Most times they are exterminate missions which are so easy to finish with a good group.

We are getting it done super fast, man. Even hitting the mission at maximum speed and even when there's no glitches delaying or forcing restarts, people are still hard pressed to finish it in time.

Worse, you need to start playing the mission the minute it shows up because it'll be swarmed. I had to leave a T3 Mobile Defense game to get to the Titan invasion on time and I still barely completed the 5 runs -- and yes, that was with several friends and highly mobile frames. I managed to get it, but my friend who came on 10 minutes later gave up immediately because he knew there was no way he could get all 5 missions on time.

The missions are easy, but between glitches, loading, lag, and the number of enemies (between 90 - 150) each mission takes a bare minimum of 5-7 minutes. Completing 5 in a row takes 25-35 minutes. With the sheer number of people running these high value missions, however, the window of opportunity is about 35-40 minutes.

Even with a clan, how exactly are we supposed to fit 25 minutes of gameplay into that window if we aren't lucky enough to already be playing when the invasion shows up? It all boils down to luck, and that's not fair.

We are getting it done super fast, man. Even hitting the mission at maximum speed and even when there's no glitches delaying or forcing restarts, people are still hard pressed to finish it in time.

Worse, you need to start playing the mission the minute it shows up because it'll be swarmed. I had to leave a T3 Mobile Defense game to get to the Titan invasion on time and I still barely completed the 5 runs -- and yes, that was with several friends and highly mobile frames. I managed to get it, but my friend who came on 10 minutes later gave up immediately because he knew there was no way he could get all 5 missions on time.

The missions are easy, but between glitches, loading, lag, and the number of enemies (between 90 - 150) each mission takes a bare minimum of 5-7 minutes. Completing 5 in a row takes 25-35 minutes. With the sheer number of people running these high value missions, however, the window of opportunity is about 35-40 minutes.

Even with a clan, how exactly are we supposed to fit 25 minutes of gameplay into that window if we aren't lucky enough to already be playing when the invasion shows up? It all boils down to luck, and that's not fair.

This is the crux of the issue. It would be less terrible if the structure didn't colapse on itself. At one point there were over 400 groups running the nod and it just couldn't handle it.

Who says the game is supposed to be fair? Its supposed to be about dedication and that is typically included in Luck.

For your sake, I hope you are trolling. Such argument can not come out of a reasonable being.

Neither luck nor "dedication" will save you from a system that collapses under itself.

Edited by XAN3MK

Who says the game is supposed to be fair? Its supposed to be about dedication and that is typically included in Luck.

A game is a rule-based system people engage in for the purpose of entertainment so... 'fairness' is kind of an inherit aspect??

And dedication is there in the 5/5 system, but there isn't time to dedicate ourselves. Dedication should be rewarded like in Survival or Defense or Void missions, but there's people getting 4/5 and running out of time -- are you saying they're not dedicated?

Seriously man, look at the numbers. The center cannot hold :X

Edited by Varzy

Similar position - our squad wound up bailing on a T3 Def at the 25 wave mark to ensure a chance at getting our five runs finished in time. Like the OP, I ended up soloing it and finished those five runs with single-digit %'s left.

Getting together with clannies isn't always an option, either - some people do have connectivity issues and there's no telling when Netcode monkey can strike.

It's also not particularly newbie-friendly. God forbid you use a weapon that doesn't one-hit the mobs in the mission.

I'd like to see both suggestions that have been floated implemented - minimum timer, and no getting robbed of credit for the fifth run if the node completes while you're in-mission.