Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Axes Grip Is Really Awkward And Should Be Changed

Deidaku

I can't be the only one (I hope) but the way our frame holds the galatine for example is just wrong to me.

Nothing wrong with the attacks or the combo animation just how it's held.

And when your frame is running....it just looks waaay to unpractical and heavy to hold it in one hand like that. 

Here are some pictures on how it should be held

tumblr_m3kyyk7yK51r8lhvb.png

zweihander-onhand-large.jpgDark-Souls-Mod-Blackened-Zweihander_1.jp

CloudBFS.jpg

All of those look cooler and not as awward as the current one .

I mean My rhino looks like he's holding an ice cream cone >:(

2014-04-13_00001_zps68017acc.jpg

DE you corrected the way the Katana was held  I hope you do the same for this :p

Or at least give the option to choose how melee weapons are held 

=idle animation melee stances

Your method of holding it is the least efficient. Medieval greatsword users held them exactly the way the Galatine is held currently, albeit with two hands. Your idea is to make it look badass, not effective I guess. Completely understandable, but you should have some semblance of logic.

Your method of holding it is the least efficient. Medieval greatsword users held them exactly the way the Galatine is held currently, albeit with two hands. Your idea is to make it look badass, not effective I guess. Completely understandable, but you should have some semblance of logic.

I know but it just doesn't look coooool X)

WArframe is like  75% rule of cool , 20% farming and 5% logic  historical inspiration and lore X)

Let's begin with sepaerating longswords grip and axes/hammers grip. They should be totally different.

Examples of correct 2h sword grips:

character_judgement1.png

If you want something more badass, this will do:

fencer_by_thylacinee_d61oxjd.jpg

For axes/hammers it should look like this:

marauder.jpg

springaxe1a.jpg

prestige-rank-50-two-handed-axe.jpg

And at the end, Skyrim screenshot of how both should look like:
Skyrim_Malos-590x332.jpg

So, yeah, the grips need to be re-done.

Let's begin with sepaerating longswords grip and axes/hammers grip. They should be totally different.

character_judgement1.png

marauder.jpg

springaxe1a.jpg

Skyrim_Malos-590x332.jpg

I would much rather see these poses. These weapons feel weightless as mentioned above. I want my giant ax and great sword to feel heavy. I think they said there will be an agile and noble pose for each weapon so hopefully these are included. However, they changed a lot of what they said was going to happen in melee 2.0 so I don't have high hopes at the moment.

I agree.

However much Galantine might look boring in it's carry animation... Fragor, Scindo, and Magister look infinitely worse.

I found my head cocking to the side to try and keep my frame from tipping over while carrying those bad boys.

You pretty much have to carry them in the block position at all times.

I would much rather see these poses. These weapons feel weightless as mentioned above. I want my giant ax and great sword to feel heavy. I think they said there will be an agile and noble pose for each weapon so hopefully these are included. However, they changed a lot of what they said was going to happen in melee 2.0 so I don't have high hopes at the moment.

Yep this is terrible

we were lucky with the katana holstering position because they showed it but the heavy weapons hold looks terrible.

And the JAt kittag oh god

I just built another galatine (sold it a while ago 'cause I didn't use charge attacks). Sold it an hour later with how boring it was. It makes me sad.

Boring? hahahaha

But hey not your playstyle I get it

it's godlike vs infested though

Boring? hahahaha

But hey not your playstyle I get it

it's godlike vs infested though

Well, since this topic is about the animation... I was talking about the animation which I found boring. Not the damage.

character_judgement1.png

marauder.jpg

springaxe1a.jpg

Skyrim_Malos-590x332.jpg

Please. Please!!! 

My initial reaction to seeing the current idle stance...

tumblr_inline_mpoil39sJz1qz4rgp.gif

The very first thing I did with Melee 2.0 was grab Nova and my Gram to try them out together. And then the next thing I did was stare confusedly at my screen trying to figure out why anyone would ever think that someone would hold a greatsword like that.

I think they were trying to go for a sort of resting against the shoulder look, but they wanted to keep it from clipping with the frame. And because of the size differences between frames and weapons, they were a bit too cautious and now it just kind of sticks straight up like you have no idea what to do with it. Like when someone hands you a baby, and you have no idea how to hold it.

The scythe idle position is a bit awkward as well, since it is the same as the standard swords.

Nobody punches bullets though. 

The very first thing I did with Melee 2.0 was grab Nova and my Gram to try them out together. And then the next thing I did was stare confusedly at my screen trying to figure out why anyone would ever think that someone would hold a greatsword like that.

I think they were trying to go for a sort of resting against the shoulder look, but they wanted to keep it from clipping with the frame. And because of the size differences between frames and weapons, they were a bit too cautious and now it just kind of sticks straight up like you have no idea what to do with it. Like when someone hands you a baby, and you have no idea how to hold it.

*Gram cuts into your shoulder*

Drag the blade on the ground? 

*Gram cuts into your shoulder*

Drag the blade on the ground? 

Imagine how many people would love DE if they did awesome unique idle animations for all melee weapons.

I have tried animations before, so I do not see how this can be hard for an experienced animator.. 

Imagine how many people would love DE if they did awesome unique idle animations for all melee weapons.

I have tried animations before, so I do not see how this can be hard for an experienced animator.. 

I'm still wondering why they didn't do it from the start.

Why is the Jat ittag held the same even though it uses another stance type?