Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Axes Grip Is Really Awkward And Should Be Changed

Deidaku

• 1 month later...

Update regarding heavy swords in particular (image via Geoff):

D2hN8Sp.jpg

In a coming update we will be swapping great-swords to use a two handed idle as seen above. Thank you for the feedback there!

The Jat Kittag animation will be switched as well and when idle will be held like your heavy axe (check out the Scindo for reference).

D2hN8Sp.jpg

In a coming update we will be swapping great-swords to use a two handed idle as seen above. Thank you for the feedback there!

The Jat Kittag animation will be switched as well and when idle will be held like your heavy axe (check out the Scindo for reference).

That looks great!

So no adjustments to the Scindo's animation ?

The Scindo animations and how you hold it looks amazing, why would you change it?

The way you hold it makes it look heavy and you also look like a blood thirsty killer, I like it.

The Scindo animations and how you hold it looks amazing, why would you change it?

The way you hold it makes it look heavy and you also look like a blood thirsty killer, I like it.

Could still choke up on the handle of the Scindo a bit IMO, it's a little far down the hilt to be practical when running.

Edited by Gelkor

The way the Scindo is carried now literally makes my neck hurt due to holding my head at an awkward angle.

As much as I love my Scindo I don;t use it now due to the way it's carried.

If they are adding weapons to the list using that carry style I won't be using them either.

How is the way the Scindo is held amazing? It's exceptionally awkward looking.

If it had more of a movement to it it wouldn't be so bad but it's oddly positioned and the arm placement is odd too. 

It's just so odd. As above, they really have ruined the Scindo for me. It's a badly made stance and doesn't seem right at all whenever I see it. 

Edited by Naith

The way the Scindo is carried now literally makes my neck hurt due to holding my head at an awkward angle.

As much as I love my Scindo I don;t use it now due to the way it's carried.

If they are adding weapons to the list using that carry style I won't be using them either.

And I use it because of how it IS held, opinions opinions. same goes for you Naith, I think it's amazing, you don't.

Could I ask what became of these idle grips? IMO they transmit the feeling of carrying a massive weapon much better than what you have just posted.

sYxadYP.jpg

Source:

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Could I ask what became of these idle grips? IMO they transmit the feeling of carrying a massive weapon much better than what you have just posted.

sYxadYP.jpg

holy balls I like the first picture where did you get those?

D2hN8Sp.jpg

Are you serious, all this is is a @(*()$ second hand on it. This doesn't change what everyone is saying and what everyone wants. The two-handers should feel like they have some weight to them, you do the over the shoulder or dragging behind because it lends to the feeling of the weapon being massive. People have recommended so many other games that do this so much better and so many ways they would like to see this done. I understand that your just showing us what other people are making and have no power to do anything but it feels like an insult to have so many people who care about something and to just have it be "fixed" by no actual work or creativity.

I understand that animation takes time that they probably don't want to spend redoing all of the greatsword/axee animations, that we probably won't see a good looking animation for these weapon types in the near future, this is a low priority issue for you. But F*** people being placated by another hand on it, just because they tweaked something don't switch gears immediately when overall it's still really S#&$ty, is that all you wanted, two fuckin hands, all the posts of final fantasy and dark souls and all of the examples and all you wanted was two hands on it, no you wanted to feel strong, heroic, epic or whatever you felt when you see those that's the point of the stance. You can bee happy something is getting better but don't relent on fixing something until its actually good.