Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Pc Updates Be Delayed For Migration?

(PSN)kiddplay13

Question

Because obviously if a PC person has a new item that isn't on PS4's build yet, it won't be there during the transfer. So will there be a time limit you can Migrate before it's gone forever or what? This whole migration thing was briefly explained and still has many 'what-ifs'. Scenario: I have the Venka and Breeding Ground Mods and i want to migrate, how/will they appear in PS4's build if they're on two separate builds?

12 answers to this question

If you transfer at a point when you have items on the PC that are not on the PS4 (which a mod said to be possible), then the PS4 copy of your account created at that time will not be able to use those items.  Whether this means you cannot use the item until the PS4 gets it, or whether this means your account will lose that item, we're not sure.  Hopefully the former.

DE previously stated that PC updates would NOT be held up in regards to console issues

I would love to hold them to that, if only I could

optimist - DE stands by their word

pessimist - DE eventually holds up PC updates/content based on console issues

realist - DE cares about $$$ and whatever path leads to more $$$ is the path they will take (not saying a business doesnt need $ to run, but there should be a line that they dont cross, im fine with DE making a profit, i am NOT fine with DE lying to their customers)

DE previously stated that PC updates would NOT be held up in regards to console issues

I would love to hold them to that, if only I could

optimist - DE stands by their word

pessimist - DE eventually holds up PC updates/content based on console issues

realist - DE cares about $$$ and whatever path leads to more $$$ is the path they will take (not saying a business doesnt need $ to run, but there should be a line that they dont cross, im fine with DE making a profit, i am NOT fine with DE lying to their customers)

Right but exactly will it work since these weapons/mods/warframes aren't in PS4's code? I'm thinking either a week long time limit were PC and PS4 are on the same build so people can migrate, then after that if you miss it you're SOL

EDIT: Just thought that maybe they could be on different builds BUT no new weapons or mods will be released until migration is over.

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

Right but exactly will it work since these weapons/mods/warframes aren't in PS4's code? I'm thinking either a week long time limit were PC and PS4 are on the same build so people can migrate, then after that if you miss it you're SOL

I'm guessing it'll just log what you have when you migrate, and then when the stuff you had becomes available it'll get put back in your inventory exactly how it was on PC. Anything else and I'd expect a lot of angry players.

PC build isn't being delayed. But people on PC who have items not yet available on PS4 will lose those items when migrating (there is a script to allow migrations despite version mismatch, it goes through PC account data and removes content from patches that PS4 has yet to receive).

The items that you lose from migrating (the items PS4 doesn't have yet) are lost forever. You don't get reimbursed for them either.

Additionally, your PS4 account is also effectively reset; platinum spent on frames, weapons, cosmetics, etc will be returned (it undoes platinum purchases), similar to the PC account reset from last year.

PC build isn't being delayed. But people on PC who have items not yet available on PS4 will lose those items when migrating (there is a script to allow migrations despite version mismatch, it goes through PC account data and removes content from patches that PS4 has yet to receive).

Will players who lose items be able to get them back, or will they have to be purchased/built again?

Will players who lose items be able to get them back, or will they have to be purchased/built again?

I don't know if he edited it in before you posted, but:

The items that you lose from migrating (the items PS4 doesn't have yet) are lost forever. You don't get reimbursed for them either.

pc has been delayed for over 2 weeks now

That implies that a release date was ever given in the first place.  Also, I seem to recall that U14 wasn't in a state fit to be released last Wednesday.  A far cry from the accusation of purposeful delaying for the PS4's sake.

Edited by Katakuna

Finally a straight answer, so basically spend all your plat and don't buy anything new during U14 because we'll most likely be at least a month behind you guys when PC gets U14 (Still on 13.7, Breeding Grounds probably won't be for another 2 or 3 weeks)

Haven't they said repeatedly that it will not happen until the builds are in sync, or has that changed?

They did not.  They planned to a while back, then realized it would suck, more or less.

They say migration will be out at a time when U14 is out on both systems.

Note that U14 is a major update and not a specific build.

Finally a straight answer, so basically spend all your plat and don't buy anything new during U14 because we'll most likely be at least a month behind you guys when PC gets U14 (Still on 13.7, Breeding Grounds probably won't be for another 2 or 3 weeks)

Uhh... I guess? (not quite sure what you mean)

PC platinum doesn't get transferred to PS4. Additionally PC accounts remain unaffected by the copy/migration (it's a copy and paste, not a cut and paste).

If you're on PC and use platinum to buy Update 14 stuff and you don't want to waste your platinum when you migrate, you'll need to wait for the PS4 to reach a comparable state to the PC build at the time you made your platinum purchases.

Basically if you want to migrate to PS4 and want to keep all your stuff, stop buying new content until migration is put in.