Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14 Introduced Glorious Random Freezing

AdunSaveMe

Went slumming around in mercury to level up a weapon and grabbed this after it froze.

warframe2t6k8a.png

It's unlikely got anything to do with hardware. It's probably just a scripting issue.

If you look at core #1, You can see a drop in workload where the game froze which coincides with drops across everything else (as the time-scale for all graphs are the same, every graph under core 1 shows almost 0 activity at the same point)

Edited by MillbrookWest

sooooo any idea how WE can fix it? or we have to wait DE to do it?

We probably have to wait for DE to release a fix. Probably a bug with the code or something.... 

Do people get disconnected when this happens? just curious because the game usually rights itself for me after 3 seconds or so, and i can keep playing the mission i was in.

We probably have to wait for DE to release a fix. Probably a bug with the code or something.... 

Do people get disconnected when this happens? just curious because the game usually rights itself for me after 3 seconds or so, and i can keep playing the mission i was in.

in my case it lose connection with the host....sooooo...nope i cant finish any missions if im lvling up something....

EDIT: its my heatdagger. When it lvl up it happens. since it's small when it shine during lvl up it makes my fps drop to 0 (freeze) for 5-10 seconds and i then it disconnect. So it is possible if DE change the brightness or i change the energy color to black so it wont shine like a stupid fake vampire.

but that's just my guess..it does not happen when hydorid or kubrow lvl up. Could be a error on the code as you said.

Edited by Gigantio

Since the update I have also been experiencing a very large drop in my game's performance.  I have frequent huge lag spikes that can last anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds, as well as extreme stuttering during some missions mostly against infested (I suspect that my graphics card hates the particle effects).

It's not random. For me, freezes happen consistently when:

1. Something ranks up.

2. Mission Completion

3. Changing chat channels

4. Somebody joins/leaves a mission

5. Completion of a mission

6. Viewing of a mission summary page in the ship after the mission is completed

7. Installation of ship components during the prologue mission.

I might've missed a few, but those are the ones I've noticed.

Yup, these are exactly the conditions under which my game freezes, so I do believe ZephyrWolf is on to something.

Basically in game freezes happen when games has to load some extra textures and animations such as level up "aura". Chat/connection issues appear to be about chat window being generally laggy and unresponsive, which is a different problem.

Derelict Defense missions are particularly vexing since there are so many particle effects and textures that need to be loaded all at once, and the mobs are all converge on a single spot on the map (video card torture!)  Between the various exemuses (exemi?), mutalist ospreys and their toxic cloud, glowy ancients, exploding leapers, etc. my game simply has a nervous breakdown at around wave 10+.   Lowering the field of view option helped some, but the particle effects are just murdering my framerate. 

It's rather puzzling, since not everyone has reported a marked drop in performance -- I've read other threads where people are reporting INCREASED performance! -- which makes it even more odd.  I hope DE can track down the issue and give us (the ones having issues) some advice on how to fix our lag issues which -- hopefully -- don't necessarily involve buying a new video card which I can't really afford to do at the moment.

Edited by DarthVedda

It's rather puzzling, since not everyone has reported a marked drop in performance -- I've read other threads where people are reporting INCREASED performance! -- which makes it even more odd.  I hope DE can track down the issue and give us (the ones having issues) some advice on how to fix our lag issues which -- hopefully -- don't necessarily involve buying a new video card which I can't really afford to do at the moment.

I got an increase in framerate, if you discount the freezes. Which is something. But I think I preferred a low framerate to this.

I don't think the freezes are related to graphics/textures on weapons or players leveling up either. I get it in maps (even old ones contrary to previous posts), but it also happens on the post-mission level up screen just in my ship. That's nothing but a bunch of bars which sometimes flash yellow - there's no weapon textures being displayed there.

But yes, it's a 100% consistent thing once I've been in game and entered a mission or two. It doesn't happen the first couple level ups, but then it starts and doesn't stop until I completely restart the game.

The problem is with the Evolution Engine. If every other game runs perfectly fine, but Warframe causes 99% spikes with freezes and then crashes, then something is wrong with the games coding. The game has a memory leak that seems to affect people with certain computer builds. Maybe somebody can help me with my problem. Here is the link

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/267812-how-to-fix-evolution-engine-crashes-please-help/