Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capture Missions - Two Targets But One Reward

matrixEXO

I think we have played this enough to say that there isn't a real need to capture the second target apart from speediating the mission. The reward for capturing the second target isn't there at all, apart from some credits.

I feel that capture missions ought to give incentives for second target captures. Instead of giving the mission reward at the end of the screen, each successful capture will give the mission reward immediately. This would allow captures of 2 targets to yield 2 mission rewards and promote a more... realistic aspect to why capturing two targets is vital instead of the current "oh, I captured one but let the other one go so I get the SAME reward amount and chance as another person who did both captures" aspect.

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't mind if they expanded upon Capture so that you can continue to go after targets to receive more and better rewards, but meanwhile the enemies get stronger and there could possibly be traps and bodyguards that try to impede your progress. Endless missions seem to be a thing anyway so it would work rather well IMO.

But I digress, I never actually though about it before but you're right, there really is no reason to seek out the second target unless you missed the first. They really should expand upon the reward system for this game mode.

I wouldn't mind if they expanded upon Capture so that you can continue to go after targets to receive more and better rewards, but meanwhile the enemies get stronger and there could possibly be traps and bodyguards that try to impede your progress. Endless missions seem to be a thing anyway so it would work rather well IMO.

But I digress, I never actually though about it before but you're right, there really is no reason to seek out the second target unless you missed the first. They really should expand upon the reward system for this game mode.

That sounds really fun...  I wonder if the engine coud handle infinite tilesets to keep the escape paths fresh and catch us off guard more.

capture

you capture 1/2/3 targets (randomly picked). after each one is gone security gets tighter and after the last one on that ship you jump out of it using the archwing and fight a bit in space. then you can extract or do it again (but harder) on a DIFERNT tile set. this makes it realistic that there isnt all of the grineers valuable people on one ship, instead you have to jump ships

• 2 weeks later...

I find it more problematic that you can get yourself to the area of the capture-targets escape pod and get locked inside (just happened to me on a grineer map - was very fun looking around outside but... well, not boding so well for my mission completion)... but I have already drawn up an idea of multi-layer missions where you can progressively get more challenge and earn better stuff.

Kinda like more than one capturee (where capturing one means higher threat level around the map, higher ranked enemies etc.) and you can decide to exit after one or try to get the others for more loot; mobile defense missions escalating after first one, if you decide to stay, you have to defend 2 points at once now, then 3 etc. (relatively close) for better reward; extermination getting harder and harder as you kill more and more, unlocking a new reward at every 100 killed enemy, etc. Shouldn't be too hard to implement (well I guess life is not so nice).

The secondary objectives version is nice too, where you would get new objectives after doing your mission - this happened before. I would change it so you have a secondary objective to being with. It could be an escalated version of the mission like:

- "Primary: kill 150 enemies, secondary: manage this in under 10 minutes."

- "Primary: kill 150 enemies, secondary: and rescue 2 prisoners."

- "Primary: capture 1 target, secondary: capture 2 targets."

Doing secondary missions would hail extra reward. Also there could be multiple secondaries, like:

"Primary: rescue target, secondaries: do it within 10 minutes, kill 100 enemies, undetected."

Now that would be saksee.

really? You want "double rewards"? That's backwards.

How about you only get half the mission rewards for letting one get away.

OR

If either gets away you fail the mission.

Thats more realistic.

Agreed. 

Also:

Mobile Defense - 1 defense point - 1 reward

4 defense points - 1 reward

Interception - No matter how long you there - only 1 reward on exit.

Endless Defense - No matter how long you there - only 1 reward on exit.

Many aspects of the game needs a rework, and they are getting it, it just takes time.