Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guide For Hunting The G3/farming The Brakk

Slick_Coalition

Question

Late Guide Update: 2-13-15 (U15.14.1)

Hey guys,

This guide is a wall of text, for serious players looking to hunt The Grustrag Three and/or farming the Brakk. Give this full guide a 10 minute read, it might just help you in your struggle.

For Starters

Read "The Grustrag Three" wiki page, http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/The_Grustrag_Three.

This link will give you most of the information you need on hunting The Grustrag Three, or G3. Here are the main facts you should have pulled from the wiki:

- You must do 5 invasion missions siding with the Corpus to obtain a death-mark for the G3.
- Each G3 member drops a different part needed to complete the Brakk.
     - Vem Tabook drops the Brakk Blue Print
     - Shik Tal drops the Brakk Barrel
     - Leekter drops the Brakk Receiver
- The G3 will only appear on Grinner Missions
- The G3 corpses can be Desecrated by Nekros.

After the Wiki Page Study

Now, here is where my input comes in. Much of the information given on the wiki page is actually missing or left out of the page. Here are some facts that are missing from the wiki that are generally understood by the Warframe community and that I personally believe and, sadly, some rumors that are extremely questionable:

General Facts that the Warframe Community Understands and Acknowledges:

This list of facts has been either tested and acknowledged by G3 hunters or information that has been given to the Warframe community about the G3.

- The spawn rate for the G3 for an individual player is a Random Number Generated (RNG) chance of 1.5% on any Grineer mission, and +0.5% for any additional marks in your squad. In short, if everyone in your squad is marked, there is a RNG chance of 3% the G3 will spawn in the run.

- The G3 death-marks do not stack.  A player can only have one G3 death-mark at any given time.

- When the G3 spawn in, only one play's mark goes away, not the whole team. Also, there is no way of telling who's mark is taken after the G3 arrive.  Adding to this fact, if a player is marked and the player is downed by the G3 and put in a locked state by a G3 member, that player's mark will also go away if the battle is lost and the G3 attach a Grustrag Bolt to the player.
- The G3 only spawn within the first 4 minutes of the run.

- The G3 can spawn within 4 minutes of a Host migration.  I have no screenshot, but this has happened to me.  This means if you have been in a mission for 20 minutes, but there is a host migration, the timer for the G3 will restart.
- The G3 can spawn after the extermination of all enemies in the run.

- The G3 only spawn in on two types of missions:

1) Grineer missions

2) Orokin Derelict Extermination missions, however, the G3 are limited to Orokin Derelict Extermination because Orokin Derelict Extermination missions are the only Orokin Derelict missions where the Grineer can spawn. 

Also, the G3 will still spawn in if the map is not a Grineer tile set.  Even if the level/node has a Corpse tiles set, but is a Grineer mission, the G3 still have a chance of spawning in.

- The G3 cannot spawn in Syndicate Missions.

- Some community members feel that the G3 will say the marked player's name of the tenno they are after, however, this is not true. My brother and I hunted the G3 together for a good amount of time in my time hunting the G3.  Now, I do not have any screen shots, however, the theory that the G3 will "call their mark out by the player's name" is in fact false.  My brother and I were literally sitting an arms length away from one another when the G3 showed up. They said HIS name on HIS SCREEN and MY name on MY SCREEN, at the exact same time, every time the showed up.  At this time (14.2), there is no way of telling who's mark is gone after the G3 appear.

Rumors that the Warframe Community Understand as Questionable:

Now, with these facts that are generally understood by the Warframe community comes a great deal of rumors.  Let it been known that this "rumors" section of the guide is something I did not want to add to this guide at all.  To be perfectly honest, these rumors question the credibility of this guide and do not have any place being in this facts only guide, or in the minds of the Warframe community for that matter.  My reasoning for posting these rumors is simple:  Do not be deceived by these rumors.  Take these rumors for what they really are, understand that there are is no proof or evidence for any of these rumors listed below.  Understand that these rumors are not, by any circumstance, true at the time of this guides last update.  I will let it be known that these are only the rumors I have heard from players and at the end of some of these rumors, I will give my personally insight on why they are strictly rumors.

Rumor 1 - The G3 will only spawn on mission nods where the enemy level is over 15.

(This a rumor this is just plain wrong.)

Rumor 2 - The Brakk parts have a better chance of dropping on different planets:

Saturn: Brakk Barrel

Ceres: Brakk Receiver

Earth : Brakk Blue Print

(This is a rumor that is just plain wrong.  Each Brakk part has a RNG uncommon drop rate from each individual member.)

Rumor 3 - The G3 have a better spawn rate if a player's/squads' conclave rating is low.

(This rumor seems to be everyone's personal favorite.  I have quite a bit of issues with this rumor.  Firstly, I do not know why anyone would want to fight the G3 with a low conclave level.  Now, if lowering your conclave level did help the G3 spawn chances, I would, however this is just a rumor.  Secondly, how much would a player have to lower their conclave level to to significantly change the G3 spawn rate?  Thirdly, when I hunted the G3, I was a mastery rank 16, with all my warframes and weapons maxed out and polarized just the way I wanted them.  This means on average my conclave level was way over 1400 at all times.  If this rumor was true, how could a mastery rank 16, having all their warframe and weapons maxed out and polarized, possibly bring down his conclave level without taking off a good amount of warframe and weapon mods?  If you understand my meaning, if this rumor was true, mastery rank players level 10 or higher, would be at a disadvantage.  With all this being said, this is the most credible rumor out there, however it is still just a rumor.  There are no facts to back this claim.)

To understand what I mean by all of this, I will give you my experience hunting the G3. I hunted the G3 for 11 days, estimating 60-70 hours focusing on G3 hunts in hopes of obtaining a Brakk. Without futher set back, let me explain to you the facts that I feel should be taken seriously while hunting the G3.

How I Feel You Should Hunt the G3

First of all, you are not "farming" the G3, you are hunting them. The term "farming" implies that the situation is constant, and the G3 are far from that. When looking for the G3, it truly is a hunt, you do not know when they will show up. So, when looking for a group to hunt with, go to the recruiting tab and type out something like "hunting the G3, please be marked", not "farming the G3, NEED MARKS". The second statement implies that the G3 will come if everyone is marked within the first few games you guys play.

Now, after you get a squad going, just because you said "please be marked", does not mean all the players in your squad are marked.  As of U15, players can finally check to see if they themselves are marked, but more importantly see if their squad is marked as well.  All you have to do is hover the mouse over the player's name, click "show profile" and read who has marked them for death.  Make sure your whole squad is marked and if they are not, it is not that big of a deal because I strongly recommend you run missions on an invasion. What do I mean by this?

iqy53ot.jpg

As this screenshot shows, this mission node is currently under a Corpus faction invasion.

L7XGGnj.jpg

As this screenshot shows, this mission node is currently under a Grineer faction invasion.

It does not make a difference witch faction the invasion is under.  If you side with the Corpus and kill the Grineer, the G3 will have a a chance to spawn in.

With this being said, if you do want to hunt the G3, try to make sure there is an invasion going on at the time. Why should you run invasion missions? To make sure everyone, including yourself, has a mark from the G3 at all times. After running the 5 invasion missions siding with the Corpus and killing the Grineer, you can now have confidence that your whole team is marked by the G3, maximizing the chances of the G3 spawning. However, personally I would keep running the invasion mission.

Why do you keep running the same invasion mission? Remember reading that the G3 can only spawn within the first 4 minutes of the run? First off, running an invasion mission, killing all the Grineer and getting to the exit takes about 4 minutes. To ensure that you maximize the chance for the G3 to spawn in, keep a timer or stop watch with you. Most smart phones have one, if not both. Also, they are easy to find online (http://www.online-stopwatch.com/). If you have a good squad, you guys will get to the exit tile 1 minute or 2 before the 4 minute marker. Do not worry about killing all the Grineer before the 4 minute marker, the G3 will still spawn in. (See screenshot)

SYWzRYv.jpg

I used my iPhone's stop watch and every time the stop watch's time would get to about 3:45, I would tell everyone to leave. This way, by the time you are at the 4 minute mark, everyone will be at the exit and ready for the next run. If you do use this trick, make sure you start the timer the second you are able to move your warframe in game. Do not start the timer in the load screen, or the cinematic at the start of the mission, start the time when you are able to move your warframe.

Also, it should be noted that the G3 sometimes do not spawn too far into the extraction tile.  The first lights will flicker around the players, but then they will stop.  Your squad might have to walk further away from the extraction point or extraction tile before the G3 spawn in.

The second reason you should just run the same invasion involves consistency and rhythm. While you are hunting the G3, squad members will come and go. If you constantly play the same mission, the remaining group members will not get confused on why you want to play an invasion mission. You have no way of telling if a new squad member is marked by the G3, even if you ask nicely. By endlessly running an invasion mission, you ensure that everyone in your squad will be marked and you are doing everything in your power to maximize the chances of the G3 spawning in that run.

If you follow these strategies, remember, theoretically the G3 will spawn in one time every 33 runs. With a RNG chance of 3%, this is how the math comes out to be. However, this does not mean the G3 will spawn once every 33 runs. They could spawn 3 times in 10 runs, 5 times in 5 runs, 4 times in 50 runs, 1 time in 100 ect. RNG is RNG, that is why you are not farming the G3, you are hunting them. Random is random guys, that is just the way it is.

Specifics of Hunting the G3

Recommended Warframes:

- Nekros: Guys, the only staple in your G3 hunting team should be a Nekros. One that knows how to spam 3 like its his day job. But not only a Nekros that knows how to use the Desecrate ability, but one that knows how to use it at the right time. What do I mean by this? Look at the following link: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Desecrate. More specifically, look under Info and read the 7th bullet point; "Bodies that are cut in half by Slash Damage are treated as two distinct corpses, each with its own chance to yield additional loot". Now, I have seen threads that say the actual enemy as to be alive to be cut in half and for the Desecrate ability to yield more loot. This is a false statement.The corpses can also be cut in half to yield more loot. How do i know this? Because I have tested it, and it works beautifully. I will explain more about this later.

- Ember/Ember Prime: Her World On Fire ability constantly hits the G3, dealing a good amount of damage over time.  Also, if she gets down, the World On Fire abailty is still active, meaning she can be down, but not out.  Also, the World On Fire ability as a chance to make the G3 catch on fire, rendering that member unable to shoot or move for about three seconds.

- Mesa: To put it simply, she puts out a huge amount of damage in very little time, and can also take just as much, if not more, damage then all the other tank frames in the game.  Her Peacemaker ability is great for keeping distance and dealing massive amounts of damage, while her Shatter Shield ability allows her to reduce and deflect damage the G3 might deal.

- Mirage: Not only can her Hall of Mirrors ability prove to have more fire power against the G3, but they can also distract them fairly well. On top of this, her Prism ability tears the G3 apart. If she has the energy to use it you do not have to worry about the fight much because they will be dead before you know it.

- Rhino/ Rhino Prime: His Rhino Stomp ability works great for immobilizing the G3. Plus, Rhinos are tough and they do not go down easy. I could trust any Rhino that came on my team simply because of their unwillingness to go down. 

- Vauban: His Bastille ability works great against the G3. If you can find a Vauban that knows what he is doing with bastille, I would pick him up.

These warframes are the best warframes to combat the G3, with the exception of Nekros for obvious reasons.

Not Recommended Warframes:

- Excalibur: Honestly, excalibur is a pretty good frame, however his Radical Javelin ability can send the G3 members' corpses flying, and making it hard fo  Nekros to desecrate the bodies. 

- Nova/Nova Prime: Nova users, save her for another time. I love my Nova, but even I have an understanding that her Molecular Prime ability can **** everything up. If that ability is used, the corpses will disappear, only giving the Nekros 3 seconds to try and desecrate the bodies. Not a good idea.

- Saryn: I love her too, however, her Miasma ability has the same affect as Nova's Molecular Prime ability. The corpses will disappear, only give Nekros 3 seconds to desecrate.

- Valkyr: I already know I am going to get hate for this one, but it must be said. Guys, every Valkyr players I teamed with got downed in every G3 fight I have ever been in. Yes, I know her Hysteria ability just got a huge buff. Yes, I know she is your favorite warframe. But no, I do not want to team up with someone who is going melee first into some of the strongest melee bosses in the game.

Recommended Weapons:

Primary Weapons:

Guys, use anything that you are comfortable with but make sure it packs a punch. For example, Latron Prime, Soma, Penta, or any pretty good guns that I might have missed. Personally, I used my Latron Prime.

I would not recommend using the Boltor Prime or any bows. When killed by the Boltor Prime or even when the corpses are hit by a bolt or arrow, the bodies go flying and there is no way to tell where the body will go.

Secondary Weapons:

Again, use something that you are comfortable with but also packs a punch. You might get downed in the G3 fight, so you are going to want something that can do some damage. For some of you that might know, getting downed by the G3 is not a fun experience. For those of you that do not know, if you get downed the closest member of the G3 will start running towards you. If they are able to reach you, that G3 member will put you in some kind of locked state (looks something like the player being stuck in a small, yellow shield). This will render the player unable to to shoot, move, and it even stops the player for bleeding out until everyone in your squad is dead or that G3 member that put the player in the locked state is killed.

To help prevent the G3 member from getting to you if you are downed, use a secondary weapon that has fire damage with a high status chance on it. Personally, I found that the Angstrum worked very well. First off, the gun can deal some pretty good damage. Second, the high status chance helped me burn the members of the G3 that were running toward me. This means they get caught on fire, throw their hands up in the air, and scream for a good 3 seconds before the fire goes away.

Melee Weapons:

Your melee weapon is the most important weapon you can use against the G3 but it might not be for the reason you think. Remember how I said to look at that wiki on Nekros's desecrate? Well, here is where that comes in.

When the G3 come, you will most likely kill them. Then what? Desecrate them? Yes, but not right away. Try and kill all the members of the G3 at about the same time. If your squad does manage to do this, use slash based melee weapons to cut up their corpses. I cannot stress this enough, slash based melee weapons. Personally, I used the Glaive Prime. The Glaive Prime is a pretty good melee weapon that has everything you need to cut up the corpses; range and attack speed. If you manage to cut up the body before they disappears in 15 seconds, that Nekros better start spamming 3 on the keyboard. Again, the reason you want to kill all the G3 members about the same time is because their corpses will disappear after the 15 seconds of their death. The reason you are trying to cut up their bodies is because each half of the corpse will have a chance to yield more mods and Brakk parts after a successful desecrate from Nekros.

If you are trying this method, make sure you test it out, get a feel for it. By using a slash melee weapon on corpses you will see that each corpse seems to have a mind of its own. Some will be cut in half after the first slash, others might take a few slashes, and sometimes it seems like the corpses do not want to be slashed in half at all. I would say 9 times out of 10 the corpse will be cut in half and the other 1 time out of 10 the corpse is so stubborn it will not cut in half. This being said, I have never had a G3 corpse be stubborn. Every G3 corpse I have tried to cut in half has slashed right into two pieces within the first few swings.

Also, I should include that this strategy of cutting corpses in half does work with all slash based weapon in the game.  If you prefer trying to shot corpses to cut them in half, it is at your disposal.  However, I did try this strategy with the Tigris (a slash based shotgun), but found that slashed based melee strategy was much more effective.

What the Brakk Parts Look Like on the Ground

Now, this topic is widely discussed and argued among our Warframe community, and guess what? I have the answer of what the actual Brakk parts look like when dropped by the G3.

6qpVVCh.jpg

vq9SDUW.jpg

Do you see that purple orb in the screen shot? That is what the Brakk Blue Print will look like on the ground. This makes sense because all the blue prints dropped by enemies look like this purple orb on the ground. However, this has lead to much confusion of what the Brakk Barrel and Brakk Receiver look like on the ground. It is something that even confused me when I first started hunting the G3. I also thought the Brakk Barrel and Brakk Receiver would drop as a purple orb, however this is not true. Allow me to explain:

o0EdWjB.jpg

The screenshot above is showing you how a mod and normal resource bin look on the ground with the mod Thief's Wit equipped. As you can see, the mod is glowing. That glow tells you where the mod exactly is; you can see the mod through walls and there is a marker on your mini map where the mod is. Now, look at the resource bin. The resource bin is not glowing, however the mini map function still works the same way. Now, with that in mind look at the next screenshot.

3bbjz8L.jpg

When looking at this screenshot you might notice something different. The resource bin is glowing. Why is the resource bin glowing? This is a resource bin that was dropped by a G3 member, Leekter. Does anyone want to take a guess what was in this resource bin? It was the Brakk Receiver (miss the opportunity to take a screen shot). With that being said, if you have Thief's Wit equipped do not automatically assume it is a Brakk Barrel or Brakk Receiver. All resource bins dropped by the G3 glow if you have Theif's Wit equipped. This is true even if the resource bin contains a neurode.

I66fGea.jpg
uChWBKK.jpg

Now, this raises an interesting question: If you have the Brakk blue print, but still need the Brakk Barrel and Brakk Receiver, would the Resource Booster and/or Resource Drop Chance Booster help a player get a better chance at getting the Brakk Barrel and Receiver? I have not tested this theory, however, I feel that this theory would help a player and his squad get the parts they need and should be tested.

vGegh3B.jpg

Final Thoughts

After 11 days, 60-70 hours and over 900 invasion runs hunting the G3, I finally have my Brakk. Here is a link to my thread while I was hunting for the Brakk if interested:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/288311-hunting-the-brakk/#entry3301890.

Getting the Brakk was one of my favorite end-game struggles in Warframe to date. I can tell you even though it might have been one of the most frustrating things I have done in Warframe to date, it was necessary.

Guys, we all want the Brakk. Go work for it. Have fun with it. Get a few friends you play with all the time, turn on some music, find an invasion and run it. If you want the Brakk as badly as I did, it will be worth it in the end.

Feel free to respond with any questions, comments, and/or your thank yous on this thread. But, if you think I have false information or think I should add something, let me know and PLEASE HAVE PROOFespecially if it about one of the G3 rumors. Screenshots are great. Screenshot in Warframe with F6 and feel free post your findings in this thread.

If this thread helps even one player get the Brakk, I would have done my job.

Happy Hunting.

Late Guide Update: 2-13-15 (U15.14.1)

Edited by thottt

Me and my friends got our Brakks in as few as 5 hours;

We all used Amprexes, all with the same builds and we all we're Nekros. We would all shoot at them until they would all be at as low hp as possible, then we would kill all 3 and just keep desecrating.

P.S. it took us 5 hours, but actually just 2 G3 fights. The first fight was about 40 mins into hunting and the last one (obviously) 5 hours in.

P.S.S. we didn't go down once. With our Amprexes doing massive damage and like 40 shadowed grineer tanking we would take down G3 at ease really quickly. #ShadowsOfTheDeadOP

I want to know do can they also spawn in an infested area like dark sectors etc.

Good question.  That is something I left out.  

No, the G3 do not spawn in dark sectors, HOWEVER the G3 can spawn in in the Orokin Derelict.  They are only limited to two kinds of missions: Grineer missions and in the Orokin Derelict.

Adding this fact now.

Edited by thottt

Unless they changed this in a PC update that I haven't seen yet you do know for certain if the mark used is yours.  If they call you out by name its yours but if all you see is lights and then they show up its some one elses.  Please correct me if I'm wrong we're about to get U14 on the PS4 side.

Thank you for your input.  However, here is the issue.

My brother and I hunted the G3 together for a good amount of time today in those 11 days.  Now, I do not have any screen shots, however, the theory that the G3 will "call their mark out by the player's name" is in fact false.  My brother and I were literally sitting an arms length around from one another and when the G3 showed up. They said HIS name on HIS SCREEN and MY name on MY Screen, AT THE EXACT SAME TIME.

Adding this now.

Also, I don't know how much added value there is to grinding these guys non stop like this.  In three days of doing casual invasions - maybe 10 runs per day - all with random players I've fought them twice and gotten the BP and receiver.  Maybe I'm just extra lucky, or maybe the game can tell I just don't care *that* much about getting it.

"This guide is a wall of text, for serious players looking to hunt The Grustrag Three and/or hunting the Brakk".

I'm not sure about the Valkyr hate either, the second G3 fight my level 16 (post forma) tore through two of them by herself while the rest of the squad was handling the third.  In the first I was running a mid level Excal.... radial blind is also nice against them.

As I stated in the post, I knew I would get some hate for saying that.  I would just like players to know that there are other warframes that might be better to combat the G3.

Part of why I'm using these mid-level frames is I've seen a rumor floating around that a lower conclave score helps invite them in.  Its probably nonsense but it sure doesn't hurt.  You only need one decent weapon to kill them and the frame doesn't have to be uber powerful either.

Yes, I have heard this rumor as i was hunting as well.  However I would like this to be a facts only page, without further proof or investigation, I will not be adding this to the guide.

Great post OP +1, may I add that a rifle modded for slash (no elementals) will cut corpses that are already dead, if you shoot them when they finished falling/dying animation, I have been doing this whilst levelling Nekros and Braton prime, on both Grineer and Corpus (crewmen, Techs), although I have not tested this on G3, as I already have the Brakk :)

I agree.  Actually, I tried using the Tigris (slash based shotgun) for some time while hunting the G3, but it still seemed like slash based melee was the way to go.  Never the less, you are correct.  Adding this now.

Edited by thottt

Unless they changed this in a PC update that I haven't seen yet you do know for certain if the mark used is yours.  If they call you out by name its yours but if all you see is lights and then they show up its some one elses.  Please correct me if I'm wrong we're about to get U14 on the PS4 side.

Also, I don't know how much added value there is to grinding these guys non stop like this.  In three days of doing casual invasions - maybe 10 runs per day - all with random players I've fought them twice and gotten the BP and receiver.  Maybe I'm just extra lucky, or maybe the game can tell I just don't care *that* much about getting it.

I'm not sure about the Valkyr hate either, the second G3 fight my level 16 (post forma) tore through two of them by herself while the rest of the squad was handling the third.  In the first I was running a mid level Excal.... radial blind is also nice against them.

Part of why I'm using these mid-level frames is I've seen a rumor floating around that a lower conclave score helps invite them in.  Its probably nonsense but it sure doesn't hurt.  You only need one decent weapon to kill them and the frame doesn't have to be uber powerful either.

i'll just leave this here...

x45mg0a.png

I've had the Brakk since Gradivus, so i can safely say that it is worth the farm.

Helped a mate farm it pre-U14 and it was crazy successful. For some reason the 2 man group worked perfectly.

Every time i lost my mark, he'd get his back and vice versa.

Had an encounter every 3 runs (on average).

Only thing that messed with the mojo after 6 encounters was the Stalker. He broke the RNG and we called it a night.

He did not get all the parts he needed, but 6 encounters for a 2 man squad within 20'ish runs is pretty successful in my book.

Great post OP +1, may I add that a rifle modded for slash (no elementals) will cut corpses that are already dead, if you shoot them when they finished falling/dying animation, I have been doing this whilst levelling Nekros and Braton prime, on both Grineer and Corpus (crewmen, Techs), although I have not tested this on G3, as I already have the Brakk :)

- When the G3 spawn in, only one play's mark goes away, NOT the whole team. Also, there is no way of telling who's mark is taken after the G3 arrive.

This should be the player whose mark has activated. In other words, the player whom the lights originate from when G3 is entering the map. Just as the lights for Harvester do the same trick and Stalkers whispers. Or that is the way it has worked for me every time I have faced em.

Other than this, it is quite darn cool guide... I just wish I had the tenacity to follow in your footsteps and do the hunt in such a organized fashion and not just trust my luck with random pairing :P

This should be the player whose mark has activated. In other words, the player whom the lights originate from when G3 is entering the map. Just as the lights for Harvester do the same trick and Stalkers whispers. Or that is the way it has worked for me every time I have faced em.

Yrska, I have tested what you are describing.  However, when I hunted the G3, the lights that circle the warframes in your squad all start at the same time.  If you feel confident in your answer, post a screenshot on this thread and I will be more then happy to add it to the guide. 

i would add to this guide, g3 can spawn in any mission where the grineer are present. which is why they spawn in orokin derelict extermination and extermination only, the orokin derelict extermination mission often have you fighting platoons of grineer that are trying to search for treasure or what ever the reason but they are there. 

the g3 will only spawn after lotus have alerted you to the grineer present, you do not have to neccesary see a grineer before they spawn. i had this happen a couple of time already.

edit: under the same circumstances, i assume harvester will spawn in orokin derelict capture mission as the corpus often invade there too.

Edited by Hieulelam

i would add to this guide, g3 can spawn in any mission where the grineer are present. which is why they spawn in orokin derelict extermination and extermination only, the orokin derelict extermination mission often have you fighting platoons of grineer that are trying to search for treasure or what ever the reason but they are there.

the g3 will only spawn after lotus have alerted you to the grineer present, you do not have to neccesary see a grineer before they spawn. i had this happen a couple of time already.

edit: under the same circumstances, i assume harvester will spawn in orokin derelict capture mission as the corpus often invade there too.

I would love to add this, however, I need proof. As I said in the guild, the G3 did not spawn on time when I was playing on a Corpus Faction Invasion, even though I was siding with the Corpus, killing the Grineer. A screen shot of the Corpus Faction Invasion (similar to the first screen shot I have posted in the guild) PLUS a screen shot of the G3 in the Corpus Faction Invasion would be significant.

I will add that the G3 can only spawn in ODE. You are correct, the explanation in the guild is a bit ambiguous. Adding this now.

Edited by thottt

Thanks for this great guide. I encountered G3 today in a Corpus Invasion of Sedna / Kelpie while siding with Corpus. Unfortunately I did not think of taking a screenshot.

Thank you for your input.  Turst me, I want  to believe you and add this to the guild, but I need proof.  120 invasion runs without seeing the G3 one time is something that should be noted.  I need screenshots.

EDIT1: I have decided that it is important for me to test your statement.  I feel that it is necessary for me to make the guild more complete in its entirety.  I will run a Corpus Faction Invasion until the end of the day.  I will get back to you before the end of this day (9-7-14).

EDIT2:  I have tested your statement.  You are correct, the G3 can spawn on a Corpus Faction Invasion.  Needless to say, this changes quite a bit in the guide.  Adding this now.

BCN65CT.jpg

ixSeXuC.jpg

Edited by thottt

The wiki link at the top of the page is not working (the period at the end makes it invalid).

I think you can add to the guide that each captured player will also lose his mark, which might not necessarily be the mark that triggered G3.

I hunted G3 with a friend today and after doing a lot of invasions (more than 5) with no luck for G3, we went to the BITE mod alert. For some strange reason no randoms joined us so it was only the two of us when we got ambushed by G3. We beat them but my friend got captured and disconnected. We went back to doing invasions so one of us could get his mark back. I was surprised to find out that we both got a message from Councilor Vay Hey at the same time (we were talking on Mumble), indicating that we both lost our mark in the previous encounter. It makes sense to me that a captured player loses his mark, but I never really thought about that before.

The wiki link at the top of the page is not working (the period at the end makes it invalid).

Fixing this now.

I think you can add to the guide that each captured player will also lose his mark, which might not necessarily be the mark that triggered G3.

I hunted G3 with a friend today and after doing a lot of invasions (more than 5) with no luck for G3, we went to the BITE mod alert. For some strange reason no randoms joined us so it was only the two of us when we got ambushed by G3. We beat them but my friend got captured and disconnected. We went back to doing invasions so one of us could get his mark back. I was surprised to find out that we both got a message from Councilor Vay Hey at the same time (we were talking on Mumble), indicating that we both lost our mark in the previous encounter. It makes sense to me that a captured player loses his mark, but I never really thought about that before.

Can you please define "captured"?  Do you mean when a G3 member walks over to a downed player and puts them in the lock state?  Or if a player is killed by the G3?