Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Absolutely Random And Extremely Frequent Crashes

xXPigmeuXx

Hi,

I've recently started playing Warframe again since I have played it already in the past (waay in the past) and I have been having this absolutely annoying and utterly frustrating issue with my game....It just won't stop crashing

I can't finish a game in weeks. I run the game with all the display options in the absolute maximum without a single trace of framerate drop or image freezes, or any other display-related problems but, this simply "I just don't care about you and I'm simply going to crash real quick so you lost all your progress so far, for no real reason at all" problem....

Please..I've tried everything..I've updated all my drivers, I've turned Multi-threading off through the launcher options, I've turned off Nvidia PhysX, I've defragged my hard drive, I've run the anti-virus, I've checked the game permissions in the firewall...nothing worked..nothing changed...

The thing is, I can't find a reason, I simply can't!! There I am, just playing fluently this game I really like and then, suddenly, screen freeze followed by a crash message in my desktop, game shuts down.

Im getting really pissed here so, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me and so many others with this same persistent problem...

System specs: 
- Laptop
- OS ==> Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
- Processor ==> Intel ® Core i7-4700MQ CPU, 2.4 GHz
- Memory ==> 8GB RAM
- DirectX ver. ==> DirectX11
- Graphics Card ==> NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M

Thank you so much in advance for your attention! 

Thank you for answering me so promptly!

And yes, In every single one of the hundreds of crashes I had by now, that crash Handler appeared and I always submit them, even though I don't write any description of the problem, exactly because I don't see the problem! :(

The Bug code is also different in all of the times it crashes...so, no apparent loose end there..

Thank you for answering me so promptly!

And yes, In every single one of the hundreds of crashes I had by now, that crash Handler appeared and I always submit them, even though I don't write any description of the problem, exactly because I don't see the problem! :(

The Bug code is also different in all of the times it crashes...so, no apparent loose end there..

NP! Please update this thread with the WAR ##### at the end to help further diagnose!

Here I am again, and this time, my crash code was: WAR-319173

Can you help me?

I can help dev help you! This WAR - ###### has been sent to dev and within a few minutes it seems they were able to figure out a fix for this particular crash... and it should be live in the next Update!

I can help dev help you! This WAR - ###### has been sent to dev and within a few minutes it seems they were able to figure out a fix for this particular crash... and it should be live in the next Update!

W..Wow!! That is great! Thank you so much for your remarkable efforts, never have I had such experience in online games, especially through the player support mediums!

Just absolutely fantastic, my big thank you and in behalf of those who followed this post and have the same issue, great team, great player support service. Glad to be part of this community! :)

Now, I have another question. As I said earlier, the error code is not always the same, I have had countless crashes, most of them differently identified through these codes. What shall I do if I verify the nex error code is different?

And, will these corrections be made through a hotfix or through an actual full update?

Short term, turn Apex off or Update Drivers.

Long term, we'll have to keep an eye on these crash reports for more patterns.

I'm sorry, I'm not aware of what Apex is, could you elucidate me a little more on that matter?

I have all the latest drivers, I think, so maybe that is not the issue :/

I'm sorry, I'm not aware of what Apex is, could you elucidate me a little more on that matter?

I have all the latest drivers, I think, so maybe that is not the issue :/

Simplified explanation of Apex is just a Nvidia technology that we use in Warframe. The actual option in-game is "Nvidia PhysX Effects", which should be turned off in your case as it's related to the crashes it seems!

Simplified explanation of Apex is just a Nvidia technology that we use in Warframe. The actual option in-game is "Nvidia PhysX Effects", which should be turned off in your case as it's related to the crashes it seems!

Its strange...I tried that before and it didn't help..but now, so far 2 games, not a problem! Let's see how this mystery develops!...

-------Edit-------

This time I managed to play for 2 consecutive games before it suddenly crashed during the loading screen while entering the third game. Yet again, with a different crash code...

Disabling Apex did not work again... :/

Edited by xXPigmeuXx

Its strange...I tried that before and it didn't help..but now, so far 2 games, not a problem! Let's see how this mystery develops!...

-------Edit-------

This time I managed to play for 2 consecutive games before it suddenly crashed during the loading screen while entering the third game. Yet again, with a different crash code...

Disabling Apex did not work again... :/

u verify files then defrag on the WF launcher yet?

It gets really hot at times, that's true, even though I have a base tray with a fan underneath it, but the thing is, if that was the problem would the internal server crash messages appear ayway?

Not really. My HP pavilion Laptop was built defective. (they all are actually) The fan eventually stopped working would overheat, and Warframe crashed left, and right (this was WAAAAY back in Closed beta lol). I sent it to HP to have them replace the fan and all problems fixed. Now its rare that I ever see a crash, and usually said crash occurs because I wasn't host.

u verify files then defrag on the WF launcher yet?

I can defrag by pressing optimize right?

Also, I currently have two fans: The default one that comes with the laptop, naturally, and another one that comes from the support thing I have underneath it and has that exact purpose...

Also, I currently have two fans: The default one that comes with the laptop, naturally, and another one that comes from the support thing I have underneath it and has that exact purpose...

have you ever checked the temperature? Even with a support unit if the internal fan if isn't keeping up with the heat inside there is only so much a support fan can do. Its possible there could be dust, hair, and other objects inside slowing the inside fan down. The support fan is just dispersing what comes out allowing the fan to pull in cold air. If your laptop feels like its on fire as in REALLY hot to the touch to the point you don't want to hold it for too long then your fan might have something blocking it. Usually in that case I would get a shop vac (because the suction is more powerful.) Then press it right up to each of the openings of my computer including along the keyboard and suck anything out of it. (because its far safer than blowing air in as some of the Dust remover blasters have acidic chemicals in them to erode different components inside of your computer permanently damaging it).

My laptop never showed any messages (because no one ever told me why), and Warframe would always shut down over, and over along with just about every other program on my computer which made playing the game impossible. I had to have the support tray fan underneath to cool it down, and a giant fan right next to it blasting air right at the fan portion of my laptop to simulate the internal fan all the while objects underneath the back half (under the screen) to lift it up to allow as much air as physically possible to run through just to keep Warframe on to MAYBE finish ONE mission before the computer closed Warframe randomly. Warframe can really heat up your computer if it isn't in TOP condition.

edit: btw my suggestion on how to clean the laptop is purely optional, and shouldn't be used if your afraid it might harm the computer. It worked for me, but may not work for everyone.

Edited by Arlayn

have you ever checked the temperature? Even with a support unit if the internal fan if isn't keeping up with the heat inside there is only so much a support fan can do. Its possible there could be dust, hair, and other objects inside slowing the inside fan down. The support fan is just dispersing what comes out allowing the fan to pull in cold air. If your laptop feels like its on fire as in REALLY hot to the touch to the point you don't want to hold it for too long then your fan might have something blocking it. Usually in that case I would get a shop vac (because the suction is more powerful.) Then press it right up to each of the openings of my computer including along the keyboard and suck anything out of it. (because its far safer then blowing air in as some of the Dust remover blasters have acidic chemicals in them to erode different components inside of your computer permanently damaging it.

My laptop never showed any messages (because no one ever told me why), and Warframe would always shut down over, and over along with just about every other program on my computer which made playing the game impossible. I had to have the support tray fan underneath to cool it down, and a giant fan right next to it blasting air right at the fan portion of my laptop to simulate the internal fan all the while objects underneath the back half (under the screen) to lift it up to allow as much air as physically possible to run through just to keep Warframe on to MAYBE finish ONE mission before the computer closed Warframe randomly. Warframe can really heat up your computer if it isn't in TOP condition.

edit: btw my suggestion on how to clean the computer is purely optional, and shouldn't be used if your afraid it might harm the computer. It worked for me, but may not work for everyone.

You may be right, the problem may as well be overheating,even though the crashes are said to be due to the errors with the codes I've been having.

It actually gets kind of hot under the screen and I should consider trying to vacuum it as best as possible as soon as possible!

Also, I agree with you when you say its best to vacuum then to blow into the pc because of the reasons you so well explained! :)

Thank you for your concern and time-spending with this issue, I hope this thread remains open for a while because this can get really, really frustrating since I'm currently in my second year of University and soon enough I won't be able to even look at my laptop for recreational purposes, and now is all the time I have to spend playing Warframe right now, before I have to attend to more serious business..for a looooong time...

I will call it a day, but will try to keep this thread updated with eventual new crash codes or actual issues I might have in a near future so I can, also, help the dev team solve these problems, so many many people more can play this awesome game without any inconveniences like this!

A big shout out to the admin DERebecca and the dev team, for all they've done so far to improve our experience in the game, and to all of you who took the time to actually try and help me (us) find out more about problems like this! :)

My Regards to you all fellow Tenno ;p

Take care, and I'll keep you posted!

You may be right, the problem may as well be overheating,even though the crashes are said to be due to the errors with the codes I've been having.

It actually gets kind of hot under the screen and I should consider trying to vacuum it as best as possible as soon as possible!

Also, I agree with you when you say its best to vacuum then to blow into the pc because of the reasons you so well explained! :)

Thank you for your concern and time-spending with this issue, I hope this thread remains open for a while because this can get really, really frustrating since I'm currently in my second year of University and soon enough I won't be able to even look at my laptop for recreational purposes, and now is all the time I have to spend playing Warframe right now, before I have to attend to more serious business..for a looooong time...

I will call it a day, but will try to keep this thread updated with eventual new crash codes or actual issues I might have in a near future so I can, also, help the dev team solve these problems, so many many people more can play this awesome game without any inconveniences like this!

A big shout out to the admin DERebecca and the dev team, for all they've done so far to improve our experience in the game, and to all of you who took the time to actually try and help me (us) find out more about problems like this! :)

My Regards to you all fellow Tenno ;p

Take care, and I'll keep you posted!

My old problem might not be everyone's problems in the same area. There could legitimately be network issues, or some line of code causing issues. Always exhaust all options before taking extremes.

optimize and defrag are the same (used to the old name), but make sure u did verify ur game files, in some case some file might break randomly sometime and verify may help, if not just keep letting DE know, do also try and include ur game setting and what happen right before the crash

optimize and defrag are the same (used to the old name), but make sure u did verify ur game files, in some case some file might break randomly sometime and verify may help, if not just keep letting DE know, do also try and include ur game setting and what happen right before the crash

Yes, I have verified and defragged several times with no major changes..still crashes in an absolutely random way, most of the times I'm playing but it has happened to me that it crashes during the loading screen, entering a game. No apparent motive, like I said earlier in this topic :/