Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silva & Aegis - New Mechanical Sword/shield [Megathread]

Awazx

Silva & Aegis is a beautiful work by DE (SilverBones). This thread is about improvement to make it a viable weapon in high-level missions.

This thread proposing to amend its statistics base. A new mechanic is also proposed for weapons of type shield / sword, which can be applicable to new weapons of this type.

250px-TennoSwordShield.png

Current statistics of this weapon are:
  • Elemental Type: Heat.
  • Elemental Dmg: 35.0
  • Jump Attacks Dmg: 70.
  • Slide Attacks Dmg: 75.
  • Wall Attacks Dmg: 140
  • Crit Chance: 5.0%
  • Crit Damage: 150%
  • Attack Rate: 1.0 atks/sec
  • Status Chance: 20.0%
  • Stamina: 10

Revision of statistics. Proposal:

• Elemental Type: Heat.
  • Elemental Dmg: 45.0
  • Jump Attacks Dmg: 140.
  • Slide Attacks Dmg: 260.
  • Wall Attacks Dmg: 140
  • Crit Chance: 15.0%
  • Crit Damage: 200%
  • Attack Rate: 1.1 atks/sec
  • Status Chance: 20.0%
  • Stamina: 4.

Added basic statistics:

• AoE radius (Slam Attacks) of 5 meters with fire damage: 35 Dmg.
  • Increased effective range: + 30%.

New mechanical weapons Sword / Shield.

Equip a sword and shield should feel exactly like that: you have a sword that hits enemies, and a shield with which it is protected from attacks.

The player should feel that by equipping Silva & Aegis his shield is doing its function. proposal:

Mode Melee (Melee as the main weapon).
By equipping Silva & Aegis, its Warframe receives a bonus:
Armor: +100.
Energy shields: +100

This new mechanism has the following advantages:

-Motivates the player to use his weapon Melee.
-Expand your shield provides a sense of real additional protection.
-It's fun!

Attacks charging Silva & Aegis.

Some weapons have special attacks load (Glaive, Redeemer, Kestrel). The player keeps the key pressed his weapon Melee attack and special attack runs normally a ranged attack.

*Silva & Aegis, charge attack (Hold down key attack): The player hits his shield a blow to his opponent, which causes knockback and +75 Dmg Dmg impact.

*All damage values are subject to review and are offered only as a proposal.

*Apologies for the spelling mistakes, English is not my language.

Please, I invite constructive criticism. Leave your comment and if you believe that this proposal is positive, ask your upvote. Thank you.

Edited by Awazx

I would not mind this, I jumped at the option of getting a sword and shield as a melee but it just seemed so underwhelming. I want to actually feel like I'm using a sword AND a shield, rather than a sword and an occasional throwing weapon.

It is true. I'm surprised how little involvement in thread, although Silva & Aegis is one of the most beautiful (and more potential) weapons.

Edited by Awazx

Decrease the armor and shield boost a bit and have it apply only when blocking, also decrease the stamina drained when blocking. As for damage I think they need to add slash and impact, impact for shield bashes, and slash because if anyone remembers the original concept done by silverbones he described his sword and board as being an ether weapon, thesame type of weapon as dual ether sword, ether daggers, and ether reaper, all of which are mean to be slash based weapons. So I think they need to add those damage types and then instantly silva aegis will be better than it currently is

I don´t have the information to back it up, but I think once they released the next sword and board weapon, silva & aegis would also get buffed in the process, we just dont know when

Such weapons can bring a new experience to melee, and deserves attention.

Interesting ideas, I really like the shield bash charge attack, that should definitely be a thing. I'm not so sure about the melee mode stat buffs. I'd prefer the Aegis actually reward blocking in a big way, it should use little or no stamina while blocking, perhaps apply the buffs you mention while blocking or just a straight damage reduction buff.

As it stand the sword and shield needs way more emphasis on the shield part, it's literally the whole point of the weapon type. 

Interesting ideas, I really like the shield bash charge attack, that should definitely be a thing. I'm not so sure about the melee mode stat buffs. I'd prefer the Aegis actually reward blocking in a big way, it should use little or no stamina while blocking, perhaps apply the buffs you mention while blocking or just a straight damage reduction buff.

As it stand the sword and shield needs way more emphasis on the shield part, it's literally the whole point of the weapon type. 

Thanks for your comment !. Indeed, a drastic reduction of the required strength when it crashes could also be a good choice.

However, getting a buff to the percentages of armor + shield (still to be defined) could be fun.

The world is a set of sensations.

I like it. It can give an option to 'tank' damage in melee, something that is extremely difficult!

One question: The +100 armour, is that just +100 base armour? If so, that's good, because it makes softer frames a bit beefier, and frames with high armour don't get OP.

-Jin

I like it. It can give an option to 'tank' damage in melee, something that is extremely difficult!

One question: The +100 armour, is that just +100 base armour? 

Exactly! is added to the base armor (not a percentage). Thus, the weaker Warframe feel more protected when deploying Silva & Aegis.

wouldn't this make it stronger than, say, Hate? (Which also needs a buff. No wonder the stalker dies so easily)

Probably both weapons need a buff.

I think that the Silva and Aegis would be better if it actually improved the players ability to survive, though I do not care if that increase is through killing things faster, having bonus durability, or something else entirely.

I think that the Silva and Aegis would be better if it actually improved the players ability to survive, though I do not care if that increase is through killing things faster, having bonus durability, or something else entirely.

The base armor and shields serves that function increased survival and higher strength.

I feel so bad for SilverBones. He comes up with an awesome weapon concept, actually wins a contest to have it put in game, and then, several months later, it finally gets added, but it's COMPLETELY lackluster, and then gets promptly forgotten by DE...

Edited by Braken

I want this weapon to be a reliable and unique, It needs more damage, higher reach, maybe a little more attack speed and some kinda of unique mechanic on it, the 100 armor bonus sounded interesting if you had it equipped.

I also have an idea for a mechanic called Fire Shield:

A portion of your damage fills an energy bar, when it´s filled, any enemy that attacks you will make it activate, it deals aoe damage based on your weapon´s damage and it gives you temporary Damage resistance, either in form of a shield, or just straight up damage reduction up to a certain %.

I feel so bad for SilverBones. He comes up with an awesome weapon concept, actually wins a contest to have it put in game, and then, several months later, it finally gets added, but it's COMPLETELY lackluster, and then gets promptly forgotten by DE...

and to add insult to injury, the 2nd place winner completely overshadows silva aegis.