Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Six Shooter

Zafarrancho

Since I'm a big fan of revolver type weapons and Warframe doesnt have too many of them, I decided to pull out a (super)quick and (extra)dirty concept for a Grineer revolver. 

I may expand or edit the design a bit, since its a WIP, but the basic concept its there. Break action reload, the drum comes preloaded with propellant and projectiles, and its replaced entirely when all shots have been fired. (this may change).

Nothing more to add, hope you like it.

ZKjMQ3l.jpg?1

Updated the first concept a bit, added some tiny bits to try to give it a more grineer look without changing the basic concept too much. 

hCpPDEy.jpg?1

Now with 37% more screws and rust.

mi7LlaD.jpg?1

Updated the design another little bit. I feel moderately satisfied with it for now.

LOizh9p.jpg?1

Edited by Zafarrancho

As a fan of revolvers myself I always welcome the idea of more of them in Warframe, and I'm quite fond of how this concept looks.

The practical reload feature is also a very nice touch.

Judging from the frame I'd say its a break-top, correct?

Edited by Eidolus

Thanks y'all for your answers.

Vasto and Magnus
Happy?

One more wont hurt xD

It looks like if the Deus Ex Human Revolution revolver got re-made by the Grineer.

And that's a good thing.

Yeah, i liked that reload system a lot, I think i saw that same system in other games, but not sure.

I love it!

(Would be cool if the entire drum just gets ejected by the gun when it's reloading)

Didnt think of that, lol. I'll add that one for sure.

I like this design, although it may be a bit too sleek for the Grineer aesthetic; with the exception of the Viper Grineer guns tend to be bulbous and kinda ugly.

Still though, this would be a nice skin for the Vasto.

Grineer have a lot of different designs in weaponry, tbh. Burston is like night and day compared to other weapons, and the Hind is so amorphous that can pass as a infested weapon. I based this one in the Twin Gremlins, which is probably my favorite grineer weapon design.

Is the grineer revolver slot already filled by Marelok?

The marelok feels more like a fast firing Winchester. This revolver would be more like a Lex equivalent, powerful and precise shots with fat recoil.

As a fan of revolvers myself I always welcome the idea of more of them in Warframe, and I'm quite fond of how this concept looks.

The practical reload feature is also a very nice touch.

Judging from the frame I'd say its a break-top, correct?

Correct. :)

Edited by Zafarrancho

Only yesterday i thought how the Grineer were missing a good old hitscan semi-automatic pistol and thought about how Grineer would do a revolver.

However i had a somewhat uncessary weird idea for how the Grineer would approach reloading such a weapon. Especialy since Grineer favor rapid fire weapons and uncessary weird is basicly the norm for weapons in Warframe.

My idea was a revolver with a drum that could only hold 5 shots. However Instead of one drum it would actualy have 3 drums hold in a horizontal row.

Imagine it like this. The person using it fires 5 shots in quick succession. Then the wielder would press a little button next to the hammer and flicks the entire weapon to the left. The old drum would move out and the new drum would move in from the right.

This reload motition could then repeat another time and once all three drums are empty the wielder would push the old drum clip out and insert a new 3 drum clip.

A bit like Skelter Helter's revolver in No More Heros 2 but just with 3 drums instead of an entire ring (that would be too much even for Grineer).

Essentialy having two types of reload. The quick drum switch and the slower drum holder replacement.

Needlessly complicated in real life? Sure! But not really that weird for Warframe or the Grineer.

Grineer have a lot of different designs in weaponry, tbh. Burston is like night and day compared to other weapons (...)

Burston is not a Grineer weapon (anymore). The ancient Grineer concept from the 2005 trailer of dark sector wielded them, yes.

But that's not the case anymore.

However you are right in the Grineer have multiple design aesthetics. Your revolver concept fits into the line of the Karak.

Edited by Othergrunty

Updated with a slightly modified  version.

-snip-

That reminds me of

Enouy_Revolver.png

And yeah...its a real weapon, lol. 

That kind of weapon sounds like a cool idea, but this time i just aimed for a more conventional type of revolver, like a colt navy reenginered by the grineer.

About the burston, idk where i got the idea it was Grineer made, my bad. *scratchs head*

New version is a big step toward Grineer shaping, I think its ready to go in game

I like the bulbous thingy on top, is that a laser sight? lol

Other thoughts

cyvc9v7.jpg

stuff

Yeah, I want to see some more oddball weird stuff in this game, if you're gonna go sci-fi might as well have fun with how ludicrous it can get lol

Edited by DarkTails

Even more stuff

Lmao , thanks for the detailed feedback.

I guess that the barrel has to change, yeah. no time for a polished one so i grabbed the wacom and applied some tweaks to the barrel. Kinda minimalistic for now but i like that simple handcannon type barrels. Ill add more random stuff. 

qMyqj9h.jpg?1