Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad Optimisation

Johannez

Im playing for 2 years now and its NEVER getting better. No frame cap for liset/menu going upwards of 500 making this buzzing noise. BUT when ingame every player, every enemy, every loot drop decreases everyones framerate MASSIVLY. I play every other game on Ultra@100fps but this... is a joke, when ingame at T4 Surv 30min i have 30fps.

@Moderators no need to tell me how to run it, bla bla update drivers etc etc etc. Its 

I never hear players talking about that because everyone is used to this crappy performence, but when I ask in clan everyone is on my train.

DE DO SMTH

if i play solo my frames are above 100. in 4 man squad, my frames are under 30 fps. this is not enjoyable.

Same, and this is an issue since years. Devs never speak about it and since this problem is in warframe so long already it doesnt seem to get fixed.

In a co-op game

#EPICFAIL

Devs stated last couple of Devstreams that they will focus on refining Warframe this year, as opposed to adding lots of stuff.

Regarding the OP:

You should provide your PC specs. A Radeon HD 7770 can put out 100+FPS, and it's a low end card.

For comparison i run:

AMD 8320 @ 4GHz

EVGA GTX 970 SSC

8GB RAM

Running off of a Samsung 840 Evo

I don't see any appreciable loss of performance when running with 1, 2, 3, or 4 member squads.

Furthermore, DE provide V-sync as an option to limit frame-rates. They can't help it if you're too stubborn to use it.

I posted this in another thread on how to limit frame-rates via the drivers. You may find it useful:

Without V-sync engaged your components will work to their fullest to render the game. Devs have no control over what your specifications can and/or can't achieve with the game engine.

In the liset, there is little for the game to render (IE, The scene isn't very complex). So your components can put out lots of frames within minimal time which increases the load on them and increasing heat generated.

Your options are to limit your FPS with V-sync ON in Warframe settings. Or force limits via the drivers.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

^Download this tool^

1omkt0.png

2luj3a.png

3xekox.png

42cj0o.png

5qsjsa.png

6sojg6.png

Alternatively: The drop down referenced in the last picture can also be used to set a thermal limit wherein your GPU will lower performance to keep under the desired temp - WARNING: You may suffer extremely degraded performance depending on your set-up.

I wouldn't personally recommend a thermal limit. Also keep in mind that due to it being forced by the driver, you may encounter a few crashes.

Addendum: The reason your PC may keep cooler during mobs is due to there being a bottleneck with your set-up, or the engine in general. If not enough data is moving to and from your components your components may sit there for a while doing nothing - granted it may not be a long while, but it adds up during extended periods.

EDIT:

This is taken from my PC:

warframeheatiju4a.png

This is me just standing still in my liset. The red sections are where V-sync is not active. The Blue sections are when V-sync is active.

Notice that CPU load decreases to running mostly on a single core, as opposed to 4 when not engaged. Also notice temps for the CPU stabilise and decrease after V-sync is enabled.

Furthermore, the GPU core load also decreases significantly when V-sync is enabled, and so too does it's heat output. 

i have to agree with the OP. When I first started playing, I could run this on medium settings and record with above 60fps. 1.5yrs later, and I have to have everything on low, and can barely run recording software at the same time.

I have zero issue with any other games or software.

i have to agree with the OP. When I first started playing, I could run this on medium settings and record with above 60fps. 1.5yrs later, and I have to have everything on low, and can barely run recording software at the same time.

I have zero issue with any other games or software.

same issue here seems that warframe is sort of hard code limited same bad performance and stats on an fairly high end gaming laptop.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion

if i play solo my frames are above 100. in 4 man squad, my frames are under 30 fps. this is not enjoyable.

This is what I experience.

Standing on Liset - 150-200fps

Archwing Mission - 70-120 fps

Solo Starmap mission - 60-85fps

Multiplayer Starmap - 30 - 55fps

Multiplayer Void - 14 - 55fps

The game is still playable, but when people join or when lots of enemies clump up (i.e. ODD), my framerate tanks.

I'd like to enable Vsync, but when I do i get a small amount of latency between when I move my mouse and when the game reacts to it which to me isn't playable so i leave Vsync off.

EDIT: I've changed my mind on the Vsync issue.. I've decided that the slight edge in FPS consistency is worth the small hit to mouse-lag.  The game just feels smoother when I limit the framerate to 60. It still drops below when things get hairy, but somehow it doesn't seem as bad so I'll give it a try for now.

Edited by Meneliki