Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grenade Designs For The Grineer. ( New Designs Added )

SprinKah

Well, so, many people might not care about this, but i care, I care enough I do it.

Basically the GRINEER, they still use damn PLASMA GRENADEs that I think were made, manufactured by the CORPUS. I find it UNACCEPTABLE. So I made some grenade designs for them. BEHOLD!!

1) Concept arts: ( More will come )

10583925_439035352910621_122378235403070
11001759_440058186141671_656894131160044

The one from the right down corner, I made it based on the grenades in Gears of War, i think it suits the Grineer, and the grenades there too.

That's the best I could do to make them look as grineer-ish as they can, I guess I could do better but yeah....

Guys, decide what'll be the mechanics of these guys, Is ti just going to an explosion? Please help me on this. I wanted to make it a Magnetic Suction grenade as first, like when it detonates, it will suck everything around together, knocking the enemies down innating MAGNETIC proc. But if you have any other mechanics to share, share. I await.

Suggestions:
- HE grenade: creates a blast of intense heat burning enemies around. Dealing moderate damage and innating HEAT proc.

Edited by Elvis276

The third design (rightmost) looks like a mechanical heart.

The Grineer lack hearts. They have to make their own out of Alloy Plate, the poor things. Looking good, though.

Lol wow, I just noticed, well the little thingies on top is supposed to be the trigger to set detonate the bomb xd

I love the idea of the Grineer getting their own grenade model... but something about these doesn't quite sit right with me. I mean, they look GREAT! But I sit here looking at them and i just don't quite feel "Grineer" - it actually kinda looks like you were trying too hard to make them look Grineer, if that makes any sense.

I totally support this!

I think DE would need to tweak these concepts however, before adding them in-game. I don't think the Grineer would care if these grenades were "comfortable" in their hands. However, as they are, I think they look a bit too Grineer. I think a mix of that bulbous, Grineer design with a throwback of the grenades in the days of old would make a very nice addition to the Grineer arsenal.

I do think that last one on the right is pretty neat. I'd love to see Grineer throwing mechanical hearts around. xD

Great topic, I hope that DE notices.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Personally I think a more flail like design (kinda like the one from Gears of War) Would be interesting. Would also make them telegraph that they're throwing it more. Maybe also add sound to it so you can tell it's near.

Then make the corpus genade glow an' stick to surfaces.

Edited by Azursia

I totally support this!

I think DE would need to tweak these concepts however, before adding them in-game. I don't think the Grineer would care if these grenades were "comfortable" in their hands. However, as they are, I think they look a bit too Grineer. I think a mix of that bulbous, Grineer design with a throwback of the grenades in the days of old would make a very nice addition to the Grineer arsenal.

I do think that last one on the right is pretty neat. I'd love to see Grineer throwing mechanical hearts around. xD

Great topic, I hope that DE notices.

I hope they notice too. But yeah, I was gonna try and make them look more like a frag grenade, like in real life, but I decided to change their shapes up a bit, to make it fit into the Warframe universe where every weapons in-game look hard to hold and shoot ( Penta with that giant barrel, Quanta bicycle steering wheel, etc...) But yeah, i will be making more of these, I'll have to imagine the shapes alot harder yeah.

Personally I think a more flail like design (kinda like the one from Gears of War) Would be interesting. Would also make them telegraph that they're throwing it more. Maybe also add sound to it so you can tell it's near.

Then make the corpus genade glow an' stick to surfaces.

I like that. Personally i think they should look as far-fetch as possible, different from our world. 

one looks like heart and one looks like a kidney hmmmmm strange

I can see the one that looks like a heart, but like a kidney O_o??

I love the idea of the Grineer getting their own grenade model... but something about these doesn't quite sit right with me. I mean, they look GREAT! But I sit here looking at them and i just don't quite feel "Grineer" - it actually kinda looks like you were trying too hard to make them look Grineer, if that makes any sense.

I thought they look reasonably similar to them, but that's just me. I'll be creating more of these thumbnails so keep your eyes peeled.

Edited by Elvis276

Those all look like tasty crustaceans, mate lol

I think they could work if you created more "consistent" sections, right now they look infested. Might just be a coloring issue

The first one does look like a boiled shrimp, doesn't it. It's pretty compatible to the grineer if you think about it, because of those cockroach looking galleon ships haha. I could work on more designs, i don't really think they look that  infested, but that's just me. (Ugh, the third one's horrible :( )

Your designs make them look like Infested mass, instead of grenades. I suggest incorporating more basic geometrical design and not stick to organic shapes too much. Also, there is such a thing as too much tubes.

I really didn't think that they look that infested-like, I guess I'll be redesigning some of 'em.

Edited by Elvis276

Yeah, they still look Infested xD They look more tumerous than simply bulbous

Bottom middle looks like it could work with a recolor

This! This is what I was trying to say!

I really didn't think that they look that infested-like, I guess I'll be redesigning some of 'em.

Try starting with a regular grenade design (the spherical WW1 or WW2 ones spring to mind) and adding more slight alterations to them. Take a look at the Grineer ships are armor - they're bulbous, yeah, but in something of a more uniform way. It may also have something to do with the color you're using, the kind of fleshy orange rather than Grineer green, but I wouldn't go so far as to change it yet. I think this orange DOES fit with the Grineer VERY well.

Still, out of this latest set I REALLY like the middle of the second row.

This! This is what I was trying to say!

Try starting with a regular grenade design (the spherical WW1 or WW2 ones spring to mind) and adding more slight alterations to them. Take a look at the Grineer ships are armor - they're bulbous, yeah, but in something of a more uniform way. It may also have something to do with the color you're using, the kind of fleshy orange rather than Grineer green, but I wouldn't go so far as to change it yet. I think this orange DOES fit with the Grineer VERY well.

Still, out of this latest set I REALLY like the middle of the second row.

I though orange is like the color for the GRINEER, but I'll try and adjust into a different orange, thanks.

They look muddy, like crayons melted together, it's more of how you colored them than the color you used.

Not making them all one solid color would help a lot though. Look at the basic Grineer troops and use their color palettes, they're mostly dark grey/black with colored bulbous sections.

Even the Napalm or lighter Heavy Gunner scheme would look cool

Edited by DarkTails

I never really understood how or why the Grineer use plasma grenades, as far as we know, they don't have the capability of creating energy based small arms. This is confirmed during some of the Grineer sabotage missions the lotus says that we have prevented the Grineer was gaining the capability of making energy weapons. Plus it just does not fit the Grineer they are crude, brutal and lethal in my opinion they should be using fragmentation, fire grenades and other more crude weapons. That cause burns, and brutal cutting wounds so slash, impact and fire damage, I find these designs suit them well.

They look muddy, like crayons melted together, it's more of how you colored them than the color you used.

Not making them all one solid color would help a lot though. Look at the basic Grineer troops and use their color palettes, they're mostly dark grey/black with colored bulbous sections.

Even the Napalm or lighter Heavy Gunner scheme would look cool

Different colors? I'll try and work on that. Can't seem to find any other colors that suit the Grineer though. Maybe GREEN!?

I never really understood how or why the Grineer use plasma grenades, as far as we know, they don't have the capability of creating energy based small arms. This is confirmed during some of the Grineer sabotage missions the lotus says that we have prevented the Grineer was gaining the capability of making energy weapons. Plus it just does not fit the Grineer they are crude, brutal and lethal in my opinion they should be using fragmentation, fire grenades and other more crude weapons. That cause burns, and brutal cutting wounds so slash, impact and fire damage, I find these designs suit them well.

I don't think the Grineer really use energy based weapons ( apart from that shield grineer archwing unit ), I just think that DE haven't really gotten into it yet, maybe it's not that big of a deal, or maybe they just have too many other more important projects to work on. But yeah, the plasma grenade is made by the CORPUS ( based on how it looks ), lasers don't suit them.