Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Boss Concept] Ceres Replacement Bosses – The Iron Brothers – Sergeant, Councilor, And Captain Tri-Boss Fight [Update: 10/2/2015 - Big Changes]

Morec0

Can we all agree that Vor and Kril being on Phobos makes no sense?

Yes? Alright.

I propose a new boss trio to help clear up the continuity mess, adding a more interesting fight than just “these two individual bosses have both their mechanics but you fight them at the same time”.

Originally conceived to be just flat-out Phobos-replacement bosses, after much thought, it has been decided that these characters would be better off as the bosses for Ceres. The high level of the planet warrants a high-level boss, and the tactics needed to finish off the Huorn Brothers give them a bit more of a fit with the area .Perhaps this warrants some change in boss arena, but based on what I remember of the layout it fits well enough (I THINK there's a pillar that would have to be taken down, but that's just a minor thing).

As for Kril... Well, the Arid wastes WOULD provide a strong reason for him to need a coolant tank; and he even has kinda a Arid look to him... What? Idea stolen from Bibliothekar? I don't know what you're talking about! (but seriously: thanks to Bibliothekar for the idea)

Regardless, Kril's uncomplicated and generally-easy fight lends itself heavily to being on a lower-level planet, Phobos is a perfect fit for him because of that.

Lore:

Kreg EhlBli Murl, and Farl Sor are a trio of Grineer that bonded during their basic training. They saw in each other a kinship that drew them closer than mere comrades, their goals, ideals, all grew alongside one another. After completing their training the trio lived long enough through the field to pursue their own paths - their struggles making them all the stronger for it. Despite doing their separate ways, they have remained close and connected, always more than willing to support the other in their endeavors. Together, they call themselves Kley Huorn Bruutheers - The Iron Brothers.

After serving his mandatory term in the Grineer military, Kreg Ehl joined as a full-time soldier and dedicated his life to furthering the Empire’s power via military conquest.  Obtaining the rank of Sergeant through his effective leadership of combat strikes against the Corpus and would-be civilian resistance uprisings, he was recently assigned to safeguard Phobos from Tenno insurrection. After losing his right arm in a Tenno attack, he has hated them all the more.

After his mandatory military term ended, Bli Rahn pursued a political path, eventually earning himself the prestigious title of Councilor.  He was given governance of the Phobos sector, and coordinates with his tube-brother to maximize his efficiency.  He is wary of the Tenno running rampant in Origin, but he has not yet forgotten his combat training – and the influence of a Councilor has its privileges, even when it comes to dealing with the Corpus Corporation merchants. 

After his mandatory military term ended, Farl Sor followed in Kreg's example and remained in the military, taking up a position in the Grineer navy and surviving his superiors as they fell in battle, earning him the rank of a Captain swiftly and effectively. Though not a coward, he prefers to rely on hardware to win his battles. His current favorite machine is the Grineer Wasp - a combat/transport vessel designed for both space and atmosphere confrontations.

For visual reference:

Kreg looks like a Grineer version of Horace Warfield – canon arm included – with a Phobos-Grineer-styled twist (so… cloth stuff). He's the "middle child" in terms of size, being as bit as a Grineer Napalm/Bombard.

Artwork by

SRzVEuWl.png

Bli looks like Polymelodic’s Grineer Inquisitor, minus the keys and helmet collection (and maybe mouth of the facemask too). He's the smallest of the three, at about Butcher-size.

Artwork by

e5lHwzHl.png

Farl keeps himself sealed within the Grineer Wasp, a powerful ship that wont be able to be destroyed by the Tenno that Farl will use to assist his brothers in the fight. It looks like these pieces of concept art by Khaos_Zand3r.

tIs5eTC.jpg7EDq9l5.jpg

Farl himself is fairly unimposing, as Grineer go; think a basic butcher look if it was given something of a sea-captain vibe.

Right, onto the fight!

The basic mechanics are simple: you shoot them, they get hurt.  There are no Hek-or-Ruk-like invulnerability phases (unless one counts the invulnerability of the Wasp) that break up the fight into multiple parts or draw it out.  Just you, your gun, and them… and their abilities – which WILL provide an interesting challenge and force you to think around them a little bit.

The most notable elements of the fight come from the docking bay in which this fight takes place. Farl uses his Wasp-class combat ship to open fire on an area marked by flares on the ground, and elevators on either side of the room will lift elite enemy units up into the battle arena on Kreg's command; hacking them will allow you to stop them for a bit, but they will reactivate when next Kreg orders them up.

But the REAL kicker comes in how you have to down them: because, unlike the current Vor/Kril Phobos fight, you cannot just focus one and then work on the other.  Ooh, no, see, thing is, once one (either Bli or Kreg, as Farl stays in the Wasp for the fight) is downed the other will immediately rush to their aid, taking no more than 8 seconds (plus travel time) to revive them back to full health and get them back on their feet.

The trick is: you have to damage them both heavily at about an equal rate, bringing both down low before finishing one off and then quickly putting down the other before they can revive their brother. During the reviving process they cannot be interrupted and staggers and knockdowns and such will not effect them - don't want people cheesing their way out of the challenge, after all.

As for those abilities I mentioned earlier:

Of course, first note that, like all bosses, they WILL be immune to the stunlocks and staggers of certain CC abilities and effects, though they will still take damage from them. This is especially important to the challenge of the fight given the revive mechanic would be null and void if they could just be Vortex'd or Rhino Stomp'd into submission.  As for their specific abilities:

Kreg Ehl

Concussion Grenades – Kreg launches a concussion grenade from his canon arm at a target’s location, detonating on impact and knocking down all targets in the area of effect.
Range: 30 meter reach, 5 meter detonation Duration: NA Power Strength: Low

Missile Launcher – Kreg fires a missile similar to a bombard’s Ogris that tracks a target for a while before detonating.
Range: Infinite Duration: NA Power Strength: High

Reinforcements – Kreg calls for reinforcements, summoning appropriately-leveled Grineer of various types (no Eximus units or rarer characters - i.e. Manics).
Range: Infinite Duration: 10 seconds for elevators to reach arena  Power Strength: Low
Note: The consoles by the elevators may be hacked to reset them, preventing the Arid Elite Lancers from spawning.

Rebuttal – Farl smashes his right arm into any Tenno that gets too close to him, dealing damage and knocking them backwards a considerable distance.
Range: Melee Duration: NA Power Strength: Medium
Note: There is a decent windup animation to allow player times to move.

Sprint – Kreg sprints towards his brother whenever one is downed with 10% increased speed and immunity to slowing, staggering, or knock-down status effects.
Range: Self Duration: 5 seconds Power Strength: Medium
Note: This ability is immediately used when another brother is felled.

Kreg has no other weapon.

Bli Murl

Shield – Bli activates an energy shield appropriated from the Martian Corpus and carries it, the shield blocks all damage intercepted by it.
Range: 8 meter (height), 5 meter (width) Duration: 20 seconds Power Strength: High
Note: Bli will use the shield as if he were a Shield Lancer.

Bodyguards – Bli calls for his bodyguards, summoning 4 Grineer Guardsmen.
Range: 5 meters Duration: Infinite Power Strength: High

Demoralize – Bli immobilizes a target Tenno in mid-air (ala Well of Life/Energy Vampire) and begins a speech, over the course of which the Tenno suffers damage to their shields (and only their shields). Players can shoot the speaker on his shoulder to silence him prematurely, but if he finishes the Tenno will suffer heavily damage directly to their Health and be drained of Energy.
Range: 3 meters Duration: 10 seconds Power Strength: Medium

Aimed Shot  Bli takes aim at a single player, lining up a shot on them and tracing their movement before firing a second later. If the Tenno is hit, they will be badly injured.
Range: Infinite Duration: 5 seconds Power Strength: High
Note: The targeted player will be marked by a symbol above their head.

Sprint – Bli sprints towards his brother whenever one is downed with 10% increased speed and immunity to slowing, staggering, or knock-down status effects.
Range: Self Duration: 5 seconds Power Strength: Medium
Note: This ability is immediately used when another brother is felled.

Bli also uses a more powerful and more accurate version of the Kraken.

Farl Sor/Grineer Wasp:

Air Support  Farl shoots down targeting flares and uses Grineer Wasp gunship to shoot along the marked path.
Range: NA Duration: 15 seconds Power Strength: High
Note: The target area will be marked by flares in a path along the ground.

Target Lock – Farl sets the Grineer Wasp's targeting systems to scan the area for Tenno. If players cannot avoid the marking beacon that moves rapidly across the map they will be hit by a powerful canon blast.
Range: Infinite Duration: 10 seconds Power Strength: High

Life Support  Farl sends down a life support capsule towards one of his brothers that will heal that brother and all other Grineer (except for the other brother) within its area of effect.
Range: Infinite cast, 10 meter healing Duration: Infinite Power Strength: Medium

Farl doesn't have a weapon other than the Grineer Wasp.

Lotus Quotes:

(Mission Start) "Councilor Bli Murl, Sergeant Kreg Ehl, and Captain Farl Sor are meeting to plan a joint effort against us. We must take this opportunity to eliminate them all at once."

“Kreg, Bli, and Farl trained and fought alongside one another over many years.  Their survival has created an unbreakable bond between the three.”

“Calling themselves The Iron Brothers, the trio have been responsible for all manner of destruction and suffering throughout Origin. There deaths will be a beacon of hope for many.”

“Although Bli is a Councilor of the Grineer he once served in their military.  Be wary, Tenno, it is unlikely he has forgotten his training.”

“Kreg lost his arm to earlier Tenno assaults in the area, but was quick to replace it with a rocket-launcher-like augmentation.”

"Overtly cautious, Farl relies on Grineer machines rather than weaponry or armor. His skill with both air and land vehicles is unmatched and makes him far more deadly than either of his brothers."

“Kreg has been touted as champion of Grineer ways for his effective leadership in combat.  He obtained his rank through decisive victories in battles against the Corpus and the destruction of civilian resistance groups.”

“Bli has made his political career through the negotiation of trade agreements with the Corpus on Mars.  These inter-faction dealings have granted him access to technology typically not seen in Grineer hands.”

"Farl's latest fixation is with a new type of Grineer ship called the 'Wasp'. Reports suggest the Alloy-Tellurium compound used in the plating renders it nigh-indestructible."

"Bli oversees a number of magistrates known to have strong anti-Corpus leanings. If any of them were promoted in his stead, Corpus-Grineer cooperation in the sector might deteriorate."

"Farl's position is desired by several other Grineer officers.  His death would start a free-for-all that would disrupt Grineer navy operations."

"Kreg is the personal overseer of these shipyards, with him eliminated we will have ample time to disrupt Grineer operations in sector before a new overseer is appointed."

“Bli, Kreg, and Farl all have great influence in Grineer affairs, their deaths would disrupt Grineer operations both here and elsewhere.  Attempting to kill them all at once is risky, but it is an opportunity we cannot pass up.”

(Hacking First Elevator) "The first troop elevator has been temporarily disabled."

(Hacking Second Elevator) "The second troop elevator has been stopped, for now."

(First Elevator Reactivates) "The first elevator is back online, Grineer soldiers are on their way."

(Second Elevator Reactivates) "The second elevator is active again, Grineer soldiers will be arriving soon."

(Farl uses Air Support) "Tenno, the ship will be aiming for the flares, stay away from them."

(Farl uses Air Support) "The Wasp's target is marked with flares, avoid them."

(Farl uses Target Lock) "The Wasp is searching for a target, avoid the scanning field."

(Farl Uses Target Lock) "If the Wasp locks onto you it will deal critical damage to your Warframe, keep moving to avoid it."

(Victory) "Well done, Tenno. Farl may have escaped but the deaths of his brothers will still greatly help our cause."

The Iron Brothers: Like Sprag and Ven’kra Tel, they have back-and-forth dialogue.

(Finding them)

Bli: “Are you sure your soldiers can handle these Tenno, Kreg?”

Kreg: “They have faced more intimidating threats that these “warriors”.  Anything they encounter will die.”

Farl: "Don't underestimate them, Kreg, they've killed stronger than a few Lancers."

Kreg: “Any soldier that is seen without Tenno blood on their armor will face the Atterax!”

Bli: “Now, now, Kreg, mind your temper.  What would Ven'kra think?”

Farl: "Don't antagonize him, Bli."

Bli: “Brothers, do you think I should start collecting Tenno relics?  These Tenno have some rather interesting-looking items.”

Farl: “You're not turning into a Corpus on us, are you Bli?”

Kreg: "I think you've been spending too much time with those vultures."

Kreg: “I wonder how hard I’d have to try to rip off one of your limbs, Tenno.”

Farl: "Kreg, don't let your anger get the better of you."

Bli: “Yes, Kreg, they might take your other arm for that.”

Farl: "Your defenses need improvement, Kreg."

Kreg: "I have no need to hide behind machines like some vulture."

Bli: "Even so, I'll speak with the Council about sending some extra artillery."

Farl: "You should have more bodyguards with you, Bli."

Bli: "Too many guards attracts the attention of assassins."

Kreg: "Maybe, but too few makes their job easy."

(Introduction)

(Slams left arm against his chest) Kreg: “Fkr kley Kwuim!  Fkr kley Empr!”

(Loading and examining his Kraken) Bli: “Your journey ends here, Tenno.”

(Grineer Wasps lifts off the ground behind them)

(During battle)

Bli: “Tenno, do you know how much the Queens will reward us for your head?”

Kreg: “Bah!  Forget their head!  We’ll deliver their whole corpse!”

Farl: "At least, what pieces are left of it!"

Kreg: “I’ve been waiting for this, Tenno!  I will take great pleasure in executing you!”

Bli: “Focus, brother.”

Farl: "Oh, but we all will."

Bli: “Trying to kill us all at once? Oh, Tenno, I thought you'd be smarter than this.”

Farl: “There Lotus must not be as wise as she claims!”

Kreg: "Was there any ever doubt?"

Kreg: “Hu’uss kos gar na aass kkler Tenno!”

Farl: "Na kle Lotus has rress!"

Bli: “Les kos klos skum uk, bruutheers.”

Farl: "You Tenno all look like insects from up here!"

Kreg: "Crush them, then, and stop wasting your breath!"

Bli: "And do it quickly!"

Farl: "I've been waiting for this, haven't you, brothers?"

Bli: "In truth: yes, yes I have."

Kreg: "Bah, enough talk! Let's end them!"

(Kreg is downed)

Kreg: “Bli!”

Bli: “I'm coming, brother!”

Kreg: “Brother!”

Bli: “Hold on, Kreg!”

(Bli is downed)

Bli: “Kreg!  Feer me!”

Kreg: “Don’t you dare die on me, Bli!”

Bli: “Don’t let me die!”

Kreg: “Not a chance, brother.”

(Kreg is revived)

Bli: “Be more careful, Kreg!”

Kreg: “Klaat rus nkt rraaggggen aagaahun.”

(Bli is revived)

Kreg: “Don’t do that again.”

Bli: “Thaank nu, bruutheer.”

(Tenno attempt to damage the Wasp)

Farl: "Hahaha ha! Your pellet shooters can't HOPE to match up to hardware like this, Tenno!"

Farl: "Oh stop it! Heheh, that tickles! Ha!"

(Kreg Uses Concussion Grenade or Missile Launcher)

Kreg: “Ftch!”

Kreg: “Ctch!”

(Kreg Uses Reinforcements)

Kreg: "Grineer! Tk me!"

Kreg: "Grineer! Git een har!"

(Kreg Uses Rebuttal)

Kreg: “Tenno skoom!”

Kreg: “Get back!”

(Farl Uses Air Support)

Farl: "Opening fire!"

Farl: "Rhue, rhue, rhue!"

(Farl Uses Target Lock)

Farl: "Scanning for targets..."

Farl: "Targeting systems searching..."

(Target Lock Finds Target)

Farl: "... and firing!"

Farl: "... gon gar!"

(Farl Uses Life Support)

Farl: "Life support on the way, brothers!"

Farl: "Brothers, I'm sending additional life support!"

(Bli Uses Aimed Shot)

Bli: "Keep running, it won't matter."

Bli: "One shot, straight to the head."

(Bli Uses Bodyguards)

Bli: “Grineer!  Tk me!”

Bli: “Guards!”

(Bli Uses Shield)

Bli: "Those vultures best hope this doesn't fail me..."

Bli: "I come prepared, Tenno!"

(Bli Uses Demoralize)

Bli: “The Grineer will never fall!  Not in this age!  Not in the next!  Our Queens will rise above all foes and lead us into a new era!  Grineer dominance is inevitable!”

Bli: “The Grineer are strong!  Unbreakable!  Unstoppable!  Our Empire shall be one that spans not only this system, not only the next, but the whole of the galaxy!”

Bli: “You Tenno are nothing to us!  You are weak, cowardly, you are but gnats before the great Grineer war machine, and you will be swatted away and crushed beneath our tread!”

Bli: “Corpus, Infested, Tenno, there is not a threat that we cannot overcome!  We will create an Empire that will stand unrivaled by even the greatest kingdoms of the past!”

(Battle Cries)

Kreg:

“Hu ahm Grineer!  Hu ahm reaar!”

“I have crushed Corpus stronger than you!”

“The Tenno will never stop the Grineer Empire!”

“I am not afraid of you!”

“Hrm, pathetic!”

“You fight like.... children!”

“Rhue!”

“Fkr ki glkry kf ki Grineer!"

Bli:

“Did you expect me to die without a fight?”

“You Tenno are nothing to us!”

“I will rip your heart from your chest!”

“Ataff frm beheg!”

“I will break you!”

“Weakness is sin!”

“No Tenno can match the Grineer!”

“I am no easy prey!”

Farl:

"I'll take your head as a trophy!"

"The Sisters will reward me for this!"

"Ha! And to think the Corpus fear you!"

"Attaf!"

"Kos kle Tenno! Aass kf dem!"

"I will end your miserable lives!"

"That Warframe wont protect you!"

"You are nothing to us!"

(Death)

Kreg: “Hu rus… nkt…”

Bli: “My… Queens… We…”

Farl: "Brothers! No! No... This isn't over, Tenno!"

Old:

Old Lore:

Kreg Ehl Murl and Bli Rahn Murl were tube-brothers sired by a Grineer with a mistakenly overlooked genetic defect that, otherwise, would have had his genes rejected for reproduction.  Under normal circumstances both Kreg and Bli would have been born with defects that would have killed them in hours, but by some twisted miracle both Murls developed even further mutations that resulted in a stabilization of their DNA.

After serving his mandatory term in the Grineer military, Kreg Ehl Murl joined as a full-time soldier and dedicated his life to furthering the Empire’s power via military conquest.  Obtaining the rank of Captain through his effective leadership of combat strikes against the Corpus and would-be civilian resistance uprisings, he was recently assigned to safeguard Phobos from Tenno insurrection.

After his mandatory military term ended, Bli Rahn Murl pursued a political path, eventually earning himself the prestigious title of Councilor.  He was given governance of the Phobos sector, and coordinates with his tube-brother to maximize his efficiency.  He is wary of the Tenno running rampant in Origin, but he has not yet forgotten his combat training – and the influence of a Councilor has its privileges.

Old Quotes:

Lotus:

(Mission Start) "Councilor Bli Rahn Murl is scheduled to meet with his brother, Captain Kreg Ehl Murl, for routine inspection of local Grineer fortifications. We must take this opportunity to eliminate them both."

“Kreg and Bli Murl are tube brothers, Grineer twins; a rare occurrence in Grineer cloning that usually results in prenatal death.  These siblings generally have stronger between them than any other Grineer.”

“Although Bli is a Councilor of the Grineer he once served in their military.  Be wary, Tenno, it is unlikely he has forgotten his training.”

“Kreg lost his arm in one of his previous campaigns, but was quick to replace through augmentation with a rocket-launcher-like appendage.”

“Kreg has been touted as champion of Grineer ways for his effective leadership in combat.  He obtained his rank through decisive victories in battles against the Corpus and the destruction of civilian resistance groups.”

“Bli has made his political career through the negotiation of trade agreements with the Corpus on Mars.  These inter-faction dealings have granted him access to technology typically not seen in Grineer hands.”

"Bli's oversees a number of magistrates, all of whom are known to have strong anti-Corpus leanings. If any of them were promoted in his stead, Corpus-Grineer cooperation in the sector might deteriorate."

"Kreg will undoubtedly bring everything his soldiers can bring to bear - including airships.  Beware, Tenno, your Warframes will not be able to withstand a direct hit from their weapons."

“Kreg and Bli both have incredible influence in Grineer affairs, their deaths would disrupt Grineer operations both here and elsewhere.  This opportunity to eliminate both in one fell swoop must not be wasted.”

(Hacking First Elevator) "The first troop elevator has been temporarily disabled."

(Hacking Second Elevator) "The second troop elevator has been stopped, for now."

(First Elevator Reactivates) "The first elevator is back online, Grineer soldiers are on their way."

(Second Elevator Reactivates) "The second elevator is active again, Grineer soldiers will be arriving soon."

(Wasp Transport is Summoned) "Tenno, the ship will be aiming for the flares, stay away from them."

(Wasp Transport is Summoned) "The Wasp's target is marked with flares, avoid them."

The Brothers Murl: Like Sprag and Ven’kra Tel, they have back-and-forth dialogue.

(Finding them)

Bli: “Are you sure your soldiers can handle these Tenno, Kreg?”

Kreg: “They have faced more intimidating threats that these “warriors”.  Anything they encounter will die.”

Kreg: “Any soldier that is seen without Tenno blood on their armor will face the Atterax!”

Bli: “Now, now, Kreg, mind your temper.  What would Ven'kra think?”

Bli: “Kreg, do you think I should start collecting Tenno relics?  These Tenno have some rather interesting-looking items.”

Kreg: “Don’t turn into one of those vultures on me, Bli.”

Kreg: “I wonder how hard I’d have to try to rip off one of your limbs, Tenno.”

Bli: “Careful, Kreg, they might take your other arm for that.”

(Introduction)

(Slams left arm against his chest) Kreg: “Fkr kley Kwuim!  Fkr kley Empr!”

(Loading and examining his Kraken) Bli: “Your journey ends here, Tenno.”

(During battle)

Bli: “Tenno, do you know how much the Queens will reward us for your head?”

Kreg: “Bah!  Forget their head!  We’ll deliver their entire corpse to them!”

Kreg: “I’ve been waiting for this, Tenno!  I will take great pleasure in executing you!”

Bli: “We both will, brother.”

Bli: “Trying to kill us both at once? Oh, Tenno, I thought you'd be smarter than this.”

Kreg: “It seems their Lotus is not as wise as she claims to be!”

Kreg: “Hu’uss kos gar na aass kkler Tenno!”

Bli: “Les kos klos skum uk, bruutheer.”

(Kreg is downed)

Kreg: “Bli!”

Bli: “I’m coming, brother!”

Kreg: “Brother!”

Bli: “Hold on, Kreg!”

(Bli is downed)

Bli: “Kreg!  Feer me!”

Kreg: “Don’t you dare die on me, Bli!”

Bli: “Don’t let me die!”

Kreg: “Not a chance, brother.”

(Kreg is revived)

Bli: “Be more careful, Kreg!”

Kreg: “Klaat rus nkt rraaggggen aagaahun.”

(Bli is revived)

Kreg: “Don’t do that again.”

Bli: “Thaank nu, bruutheer.”

(Kreg Uses Concussion Grenade or Missile Launcher)

Kreg: “Ftch!”

Kreg: “Ctch!”

(Kreg Uses Rebuttal)

Kreg: “Tenno skoom!”

Kreg: “Get back!”

(Kreg Uses Air Support)

Kreg: "Air support! Now!"

Kreg: "Wasp unit! Open fire!"

(Bli Uses Bodyguards)

Bli: “Grineer!  Tk me!”

Bli: “Guards!”

(Bli Uses Shield)

Bli: "Those vultures best hope this doesn't fail me..."

Bli: "I come prepared, Tenno!"

(Bli Uses Aimed Shot)

Bli: "Keep running, it won't matter."

Bli: "One shot, straight to the head."

(Bli Uses Demoralize)

Bli: “The Grineer will never fall!  Not in this age!  Not in the next!  Our Queens will rise above all foes and lead us into a new era!  Grineer dominance is inevitable!”

Bli: “The Grineer are strong!  Unbreakable!  Unstoppable!  Our Empire shall be one that spans not only this system, not only the next, but the whole of the galaxy!”

Bli: “You Tenno are nothing to us!  You are weak, cowardly, you are but gnats before the great Grineer war machine, and you will be swatted away and crushed beneath our tread!”

Bli: “Corpus, Infested, Tenno, there is not a threat that we cannot overcome!  We will create an Empire that will stand unrivaled by even the greatest kingdoms of the past!”

(Battle Cries)

Kreg:

“Hu ahm Grineer!  Hu ahm reaar!”

“I have crushed Corpus stronger than you!”

“The Tenno will never stop the Grineer Empire!”

“I am not afraid of you!”

“Hrm, pathetic!”

“You fight like.... children!”

“Rhue!”

“Fkr ki glkry kf ki Grineer!"

Bli:

“Did you expect me to die without a fight?”

“You Tenno are nothing to us!”

“I will rip your heart from your chest!”

“Ataff frm beheg!”

“I will break you!”

“Weakness is sin!”

“No Tenno can match the Grineer!”

“I am no easy prey!”

(Death)

Kreg: “Hu rus… nkt…”

Bli: “My… Queens… We…”

Old Voice Acting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC8VdRWXHtY&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=lC8VdRWXHtY&feature=youtu.be

I never intended to make this a thing, you can thank Blakrana for pushing me to make this.

Edited by Morec0

It could work. Story reason could even be that the Councilor is visiting his brother, and taking both of them out would simultaneously weaken the Grineer military and throw off their political system (though the latter would not have as much of an impact since the Twin Queens still seem to call all the shots). Orrr... He could be an Advisor to the Queens or something. That would make him a more meaningful target.

It could work. Story reason could even be that the Councilor is visiting his brother, and taking both of them out would simultaneously weaken the Grineer military and throw off their political system (though the latter would not have as much of an impact since the Twin Queens still seem to call all the shots). Orrr... He could be an Advisor to the Queens or something. That would make him a more meaningful target.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

As for the political system: even with the Queens calling the shots, Councilors seem to have a lot of sway and power - Vay Hek is able to do things even after being scored directly by the Queens, and the old reason for going after him was that his death would create a "power vacuum" (which makes sense, A LOT of people would be scrambling to try and earn favor with the Queens quickly to earn the right to replace Bli, and that chaos could work in favor of the Tenno).

I wanted to avoid making him something TOO high up, lest he hit "mary sue" territory (and be mocked) - a Councilor, honestly, felt like it was stretching it a bit for me.

But that IS a good point that he doesn't seem to really have that much of an impact. I'll revise or add a Lotus line to give him a little more.

Edited by Morec0

Hm ... they sound like fun. Do I understand you right, that Kreg is using his Brakk with the left hand (as his right arm is that cannon)? And an even more precise and deadly version of the Kraken than Seekers already have? That promises to be fun - but they'd need a better arena than Vor/Kril currently have. Maybe something like

lwRXFKBl.jpg

So a big, wide open platform with a precipice on one side, overlooking a settlement. Providing spots that can be reached via Parkour to snipe (see left of Zephyr) and stuff like that.

Also, I'd love to see a teamup of those two and (an improved version of) Ven'kra and Sprag. Do Grineer date? :P

Edited by Bibliothekar

Hm ... they sound like fun. Do I understand you right, that Kreg is using his Brakk with the left hand (as his right arm is that cannon)? And an even more precise and deadly version of the Kraken than Seekers already have? That promises to be fun - but they'd need a better arena than Vor/Kril currently have. Maybe something like

lwRXFKBl.jpg

So a big, wide open platform with a precipice on one side, overlooking a settlement. Providing spots that can be reached via Parkour to snipe (see left of Zephyr) and stuff like that.

Also, I'd love to see a teamup of those two and (an improved version of) Ven'kra and Sprag. Do Grineer date? :P

Aww... I like the Vor/Kril Arena...

But you may be right, especially with how LoS-intensive Bli's aimed shot ability is - needs a little more chance to hit (with cover available for the players, of course). I'll consider a... actually, that kinda fits perfectly with Minion's suggestion that Bli is visiting the planet: it could be on a Grineer transport ship dock!

And even if they do, I refuse to let them do so.

#SpragIsMine

actually, that kinda fits perfectly with Minion's suggestion that Bli is visiting the planet: it could be on a Grineer transport ship dock!

Considering how tiny the real Phobos is and that they'll eventually move the tileset to Mars (at least that's what I've taken from Tenno Live), this might be even better. Maybe a slightly modified version of that huge hangar where you sometimes find a mining machine or two (with the transport shuttle standing around in the middle).

Considering how tiny the real Phobos is and that they'll eventually move the tileset to Mars (at least that's what I've taken from Tenno Live), this might be even better. Maybe a slightly modified version of that huge hangar where you sometimes find a mining machine or two (with the transport shuttle standing around in the middle).

Personally, I think that would throw Nef Anyo's placement out of whack... But who knows, maybe? What'll happen to Phobos? What'll happen to the Corpus Settlement tileset?

Anyway, here's a quick mockup of what it MIGHT look like (at least from something of a layout idea):

d4YXQo2.png

All those little noted details? Those are because this whole thing has gotten me thinking about possible additions to the fight - I fear this may be complicated.

I love that you used Starcraft for this. I miss SC1...

I used to design SC1 maps for fun back in the day. If I had SC2 installed on this computer I'd probably have used that (more organic freedom in the design) but this gives off enough of the proper feel... I think.

Dude, may I borrow your backbone, please?

I want to unload all of my typed out concepts, but a small "fear" of sorts is holding me back.

Again, a very awesome idea.

Just let the hope of people loving it outweigh your fear of failure.

Sounds good, and the 'both together or nothing' aspect reminds me of one of the more irritating Full Moon Shadows in Persona 3: Drop one, the other is right back up...and yeah the fight dragged on for a long, long while before it got a lucky break.

Honestly, the only problem I can really see with what's proposed is the lack of 'ward' in event of obscenely excessive damage. Yes, some people want silly huge numbers but...if a Powerful Boss is dropped in a grand total of a half second burst...that is disappointing, unwise and generally poorly received.

I'm not really in a position to think of much more to add. It all seems tight, and the only issue that springs to mind is the 'Ugh, Bullet Sponge' lark some might have. But if a fight is designed well enough, most tend to forget how long they've been at it.

Sounds good, and the 'both together or nothing' aspect reminds me of one of the more irritating Full Moon Shadows in Persona 3: Drop one, the other is right back up...and yeah the fight dragged on for a long, long while before it got a lucky break.

Honestly, the only problem I can really see with what's proposed is the lack of 'ward' in event of obscenely excessive damage. Yes, some people want silly huge numbers but...if a Powerful Boss is dropped in a grand total of a half second burst...that is disappointing, unwise and generally poorly received.

I'm not really in a position to think of much more to add. It all seems tight, and the only issue that springs to mind is the 'Ugh, Bullet Sponge' lark some might have. But if a fight is designed well enough, most tend to forget how long they've been at it.

People also hate invulnerability phases, and I can agree with that. For the most part they are uninventive and rather dull, the closest I came to this was giving the lighter-armored Bli his everything-proof shield.

Obscenely high damage isn't an issue with bosses, as I see it, but weapons, requiring the weapons to be looked at. Needless to say these guys will scale along with the player's level (conclave or whathave you) but there's only so much that can be accounted for without doing to Hek-levels of invulnerability absurdity. I'd rather have the weapons looked at and tweaked than the bosses have to be built around insane OP modding.

Edited by Morec0

Oh definitely. Long time believer in good boss fights where damage is irrelevant compared to the rush.

Monster Hunter does it well I find, and that games just a glorified Boss Rush in essence. No especially cheap barriers, with some effective and not so effective countermeasures.

Oh definitely. Long time believer in good boss fights where damage is irrelevant compared to the rush.

Monster Hunter does it well I find, and that games just a glorified Boss Rush in essence. No especially cheap barriers, with some effective and not so effective countermeasures.

Well, Bli's energy shield is LITERALLY a "cheap barrier", but there are countermeasures... sure as walking behind him... or slightly to the left or right.

I like this concept a lot, always found the Kril+Vor fight boring.

It was the first of the dual boss fights, so on some grounds it stands to reason it would be lackluster (though, on other's, you'd think they'd try to make it a little more memorable) but yes, it is in DIRE need of an update - or, as I propose, replacement - bring it up to snuff as a TRUE dual-boss fight.

Wow Morec0, it's...Amazing! DE needs to look at this & replace this stupid placeholder bossfight right away!

(sorry,but that boss fight makes absolutely no sense)

Glad you approve. I'm forgetting exactly what, but I feel like I've seen you do or say something that impressed me before...