Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime: The End Of An Era. [Megathread]

So with this news that Frost P, Reaper P, and Latron P, I'd assume this is in relation to both the Dilution of Void Drop Tables and the Destruction of the Void.

Now keep in mind I am aware that we have VERY little info about this other than the blunt post on the news page.

Anyways if I'm right that this is the Dilution Solution then DE is doing another knee-jerk decision that took awhile to figure out, albeit a pretty bad one. Putting regular Weapons in the normal Vault is one thing but putting Primes away, including a whole FRAME no less, is a pretty strange way of handling it. The real problem is we have no info of what led to this or whats happening in the long run with them (Ether daggers in vault until Stolen Dreams, Gorgon in login rewards).

The other theory is that this is the precursor to the Void Destruction and/or Raids. Its possible that Frost could be a rewards for the Raid alongside Arcane Enhancements. The new Void could make him a drop or he could be purely a Tower Sabotage Cache Reward.

Remember this is all speculation based on the vague post directly from DE so don't take any of this as the truth, just speculation.

Can i just ask... why is this happening?!? Is this the way to fix the droptables ready for new primes?

Sorry, but it's really odd and doesn't make any sense. Frost/ Frost Prime already needed some love, but now Frost Prime is just vanishing for god-knows how long?

So...what is this Prime Vault thing? It says "Out of tenno reach", implying we'll never see him or the weapons again. Is this going to happen to all the older prime items as new primes come out? I understand the void droptables are very clogged, but i assumed the whole Void-to-starchart thing would fix this.

Also, Nova Prime helmet replacing Frost Prime's helm for Cephalon Suda sacrifice? Guess we better prepare for the helm to shoot up to ridiculous prices >.<

TL;DR:

Why is this happening, and what the hell is the "Prime Vault"? Literally none of this has been explained very well.

Since everyone is making posts about how he's going to be locked away inside "The Prime Vault" and how his price is going to rise, let's take a moment and appreciate how much the first public primed warframe and weapons have served us.

Frost Prime was the ticket for a non-founder to be considered a Prime member. Hell if we take into account Baro Ki' Teer, he would consider the Warframe ancient. The countless hours of Defense and Mobile Defense, dropping tons of Ice on top of unsuspecting enemies, giving players the feel of a Mage character.

A portion of the community adores Frost Prime, myself included. He was my first prime warframe and will forever be one of my golden knights among the 26 unique warframes I've owned.

Let's hear it for Frost Prime.

YES! YES! Finally, Prime Warframes gonna be limited (it makes a lot more sense, Orokin are dead, but still there is infinite number of bp's...), finally Prime Frames gonna mean something like in good old days before trading

Ty DE :D

Edited by markus230

Prime Vault is just like the Vault, cept for Prime stuff. It's where things go when they're being retired. Will it come back? Probably, who knows. And yes, you should expect it to happen to other older Primes and Prime weapons. To be safe?

My bet, is to make room for new items.

TL;DR:
It's Frost Prime's time to go.
Prime Vault = Retirement Home, for Primes.

Edited by TheShyTenno69

Frost Prime has been my main since 2013. It's a little depressing to see him get locked up, but I am sure there's a good reason for it.

Set your toilet rings at half way down, and remember.

well we could always hope he'll get a makeover and that is why the "old frost p" is being retired

Since his departure will pave the way for new Warframes, I feel this quote is appropriate.

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known." - Charles $&*^ens.

Edit: Forum thinks that I am posting a slang whereas I am posting a name. :|

Edited by Bawalbaba

Since his departure will pave the way for new Warframes, I feel this quote is appropriate."It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known." - Charles $&*^ens.

Edit: Forum thinks that I am posting a slang whereas I am posting a name. :|

I love how d I c kens is bleeped despite being a lst name

I totally agree with you,they should be thinking about the new players that are gonna want those primes either then just removing it cause they feel like it theu didn't even give us a real reason that whole prime vault is BS #1

Bad news in Warframe Facebook page.

ATTENTION ALL TENNO!

LAST CHANCE FOR FROST PRIME PARTS IN THE VOID

"The mysteries of The Void have always presented unique challenges. The well-protected Orokin Towers have been known to house Prime technologies, but there is word from beyond the realms of normal space that a part of this is evolving. On March 24th, Frost Prime, Latron Prime, and Reaper Prime will enter the Prime Vault, with all of their crafting parts abolished from The Void. If you already wield the power of these Primes, they will remain in your inventory.

Tenno, this week is your last chance to enter The Void in order to collect and craft these items, be sure to take advantage. The Prime Vault, an archive outside of Tenno reach, will house this gear. As a responsive measure, Cephalon Suda’s final Syndicate sacrifice, the Frost Prime helmet, will be replaced with Nova Prime’s helmet."

Unlike some other Warframes, this is Frost Prime, and for me the most Badass Warframe.

A necessity in Def missions, yeah we have another Warframe, but still is the most wanted.

Yeah we have Basic Frost (farming Lech Kril) Lieutenant Lech Kril - WARFRAME Wiki but no more Prime version after  that DE save it into vault.

I can imagine that a new event in this game may be the cause, but new player will find it very difficult to obtain because Vault is not every week.

>>>>>>>> At least DE, you can do the same that you do with Banshee... "Tenno lab"