Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amd Driver Bugs [Megathread]

Zaisha

Hi there !

Still got performance issues although the last hotfix was rolling back.

The problem stay the same !

LOW fps and HUGE fps drops !!

Guys did you encounter the same problems ?

A FULL ROLL BACK before this destructive update should be a good idea ?

So DE can you fix it ASAP please !

Update, since the Direct X update I can't play this game at all. My game almost crashes immediately with this bug and now there is a constant red flicker with periodic video card glitches. This is everywhere in game. I took some screenshots.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052263182/home

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/29613746794859499/FAEDD1A0DB48C918AFF4BFA3B4A4864597E4400F/

Sorry I don't know how to show pics from my steam profile.

I also have a NVIDIA Geoforce GTX 680 if that helps.

I use a GTX GeForce 660, and I never had any issues with this game. What the hek, man? Your hardware is far superior to mine, what gives?

No idea. I upgraded from the 660 and it was a solid card, but I wanted the 960 because of the higher performance (and it was on sale because TigerDirect is closing their 2 local stores here).

Either way, something about DirectX is at problem because with DirectX 10 and 11 turned off, there's no performance issues. It's nice and smooth. I haven't tried unparking my CPUs but I haven't needed, to date. So yeah... I'm not sure what's going on.

I've noticed issues with DX9+ on my AMD card since day one to be honest.

I can play the game on Dx9 perfectly, barely any slow downs, fps stutters, most of the graph intesinve events gives constant 60fps.

On the very same graph settings on DX11 however I've many times get 40fps. Not just fps drops for a second, but for a couple of seconds it drops below 40fps and stay there then goes back up to 60fps.

I'm lucky since I got no crashes, I'm using the lates (December one) WHQL Driver. No more beta for me those are always screwing up my system. :S

AMD HD6990 card here with I7@920, 12GB DDR3, 3xHitachi 250GB Raid is my main gaming hdd, system is on SSD though.

For me, lately AMD driver is really unstable. Though it's NOT ONLY on Warframe.

Constant random crashes, at least once in 2-3 hours when playing almost every games, including Dota2 and Warframe.

Constant blue screens with various ati*******.dll errors when playing ANY games, when i searched them on the internet, they're amd driver crash.

I'm using R7 260x with driver v15.4 beta

(skipped 2-3 updates, I didn't update it for a couple of months. i just pressed skip button when the notification appears).

maybe, it's because the skipped versions. if it's true, all because i'm too lazy to download with only up to 2mbps connection . . .

oh, and i'm always using dx10&11 on Warframe, and with my settings (not maxed, ofc): 60fps average, never drops below 45fps.

still, constant crashes.

Edited by zaxthealien

For me, I just don't know whats happening, I'm almost two full days trying to get into the game and I'm not getting. It crashes everytime. Whatever if any options (including DX10&11) are enabled or not. That thing never happened before.

That's sounds bad, I think I'll lost this event (Operation False Profit) just because those hundreds of crashes in 48 hours.

Processor: AMD FX-8320.

Graphic Card: AMD Radeon R7 260x

Driver Version: 14.501

Catalyst Version: 14.12 Omega 15.4 Beta

Please DE's, solve this issue, at least, do a by-pass until this event is over :,/.

Edit: I've installed the 15.4 Beta, and nothing changed.

Edited by EX3CUT1ON3R

Mine just started doing it today, after having never had a problem with the game.  In fact I was running the game just fine yesterday till I took a break.  Went to go back and finish the event, and now I can't even get into the game or stay in it without it crashing to desktop. 

Mine just started doing it today, after having never had a problem with the game.  In fact I was running the game just fine yesterday till I took a break.  Went to go back and finish the event, and now I can't even get into the game or stay in it without it crashing to desktop. 

I'm having this issue as well.  When I attempted to log in after the hotfix today it actually crashed my display driver altogether, forcing a system restart - after that, it crashes the game every time I try to enter.

Really sucks, since this means I'm likely to miss out on the Quanta Vandal.

Got back from a lengthy break from the game and discovered I have this problem as well.

When I had dx 10/11 both checked, the game just BSOD with an unhandled exception

With neither checked, I still crashed with multithread, 64bit and settings on 1080 borderless. All the other settings were set to minimum. Still crashed.

System Specs are AMD FX8350 cpu, 2 GTX 660Ti in SLI, 16GB RAM with warframe on a 480GB ssd. And yes, my drivers are updated (updated everything before lowering graphics).

Crashes happened in lobby start timer before the ship fade-out transition, led to BSOD.

After turning off dx10 and 11, crashes happened a few minutes into a mission (bedgrudgingly right after I had gotten my creds back after event mobs).

• 2 weeks later...

According to my steam I last played WF on the 7th of March 2015... and the issues had been around for a month by then. 3 months no fix.

Good jerb. Onwards to another 3 months.

Ofc I'll have you people cook your hardware and send in bug reports, can't be asked. Got other working stuff to play you know :)

Edited by scavenge

• 3 weeks later...

I have been experiencing problems with constant crashing in this game for the last 6 months, to the point of it being unplayable. Today had been at an all time high, with every mission crashing at least a minute into it.

I have an AMD R9 280, just bought the part ~7 months ago and have had nothing but a nightmareish time trying to run this game on it.

Many of the problems/errors listed in this thread I have experienced. I've tried every 'fix' the devs and players have provided to no avail.

Is DE ever going to fix this issue?

The game crashes about 85% of the missions I run. Sometimes when I am loading in to the mission but usually in the middle of the mission.

Yeah I am on AMD gpu (7950) Latest drivers (14.501)

At first the game would crash every 10 missions maybe and I would have no problems running ODD or T1,2,3,4 missions up to vawe 40 with out issues. Now with every patch and hotfix the game is getting worse and worse. I am lucky if I can finnish a normal mission with out crashing.

Forcing it to DX9 did not help or changing driver versions,I even reinstalled the game and did verify integrety of game files on steam and still the same.

I feel like I am being punished for being on an AMD card

DE needs to fix this ASAP!  Right now it is unplayable for me!

Edited by endless031

I just got this AMD 290 from powercolor and I am getting redscreens randomly whenever I play warframe.

I KNOW my computer can run it easily (except for the redscreens) so it is not any fault of the GPU, motherboard, or CPU. Hell, I even checked the monitor. 

It is only warframe that does this, none of my other installed games do this.

Alright for those who are still experiencing crash/freeze/BSOD on AMD, try this method. 

1.Open AMD Catalyst.

2.Go to tab Gaming > 3D Application Setting

3.Set :

-AA mode - OVERRIDE,

-AA samples - NONE. 

-Texture Filtering - Performance.

-Tesselation Mode - OVERRIDE.

-Maximum Tesselation - OFF.

Then,

1.Download RadeonPro - http://www.radeonpro.info/download/
2.Run RadeonPro. Click Add Profile ('+' symbol on top) and browse for you warframe.exe. (Warframe for 32-bit, Warframe.X64 for 64-bit)

3.On tab Visual, tick SMAA. Under quality, choose your preference. (I just go all low cuz noob GPU.)

4.On tab Tweaks, set Vsync control to Dynamic and input you monitor refresh rate. (usually 60Hz)

5.Close RadeonPro and run Warframe.

6.Lastly on Warframe setting, set Vsync ON and AA to OFF.

I had crash like **** before so I know exactly the feeling of crashing on wave 20 or otw to extraction so i hope this helps.

It works for me, just sharing :/

Ok, so did anyone get a performance drop after the 2 rescent hotfix's? (16.7.1 and 2 )

I just started replaying this game after years of being away from it, and with that i have an old A6-4400.

Rescently as 3 days ago, i could run this game flawlessly *as 3 year old hardware can* at 35 to 40 FPS in a mission. After Update's 16.7.1, and 2 i can only get a meek 15 and below frames. If i join a hosted game, or someone joins mine, it plummits to 5 fps, and below. 

Is this a problem concerning my AMD driver, or the game itself.

Can someone please make a response...

Alright for those who are still experiencing crash/freeze/BSOD on AMD, try this method. 

1.Open AMD Catalyst.

2.Go to tab Gaming > 3D Application Setting

3.Set :

-AA mode - OVERRIDE,

-AA samples - NONE. 

-Texture Filtering - Performance.

-Tesselation Mode - OVERRIDE.

-Maximum Tesselation - OFF.

Then,

1.Download RadeonPro - http://www.radeonpro.info/download/

2.Run RadeonPro. Click Add Profile ('+' symbol on top) and browse for you warframe.exe. (Warframe for 32-bit, Warframe.X64 for 64-bit)

3.On tab Visual, tick SMAA. Under quality, choose your preference. (I just go all low cuz noob GPU.)

4.On tab Tweaks, set Vsync control to Dynamic and input you monitor refresh rate. (usually 60Hz)

5.Close RadeonPro and run Warframe.

6.Lastly on Warframe setting, set Vsync ON and AA to OFF.

I had crash like **** before so I know exactly the feeling of crashing on wave 20 or otw to extraction so i hope this helps.

It works for me, just sharing :/

That file wont run. no matter if i sit for 20 minutes, or look at task manager nothing pops up for it.