Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amd Driver Bugs [Megathread]

Zaisha

Sounds like your card is overheating, try adding an aftermarket fan shelf to your laptop (I'm assuming laptop due to integrated card) this might help out. Otherwise I'd recommend either upgrading or even downgrading your drivers for your card and see if that helps.

Your not over clocking right? I've had friends that had issues when they did that.

Nope, not overclocking.

Overheating may be the case, this computer has reached the end of it's life cycle. 

The only weird thing is, Warframe is the only game that I have that this happens to.

Warframe is the only game that I have that this happens to.

what other games are not experiencing this?

it may not seem like it, but this could completely explain the (likely) issue depending on your answer.

Edited by taiiat

I can't take this anymore, I love this game, but this is ridiculous.

My graphics drivers have been crashing virtually every single time I've started the game for a few months now.

I've posted about this before, but no one was able to help.

What happens is:

Whenever I play the game for 40 minutes - an hour, I end up crashing to desktop.

The game is still running, I can still interact with it and hear sounds, but i'm unable to see anything and also unable to get back into the game.

As you could imagine, this is a HUGE problem for me, it's gotten to the point where i'm just gonna have to quit the game until there's some sort of solution or fix made. I really really enjoy this game, so this makes me very sad to have to do, but I can't deal with crashing in the middle of t4 defenses anymore.

I'm running a Asus k53e with the following

Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics

8GBs DDR3 ram

Intel I5 core

I have the same problem and i have a gtx 650, it's not his card guys and it's not due to overheating either, it is something else that seems to be causing it

Edited by Sonicbullitt

what other games are not experiencing this?

it may not seem like it, but this could completely explain the (likely) issue depending on your answer.

To list a few:

Dark Souls

Batman Arkham City

Darksiders II

Prototype

Saints Row The Third

GTA IV

Mark Of The Ninja

RF online

Maplestory

Champions Online

Perfect World Online

Star Trek Online

Star Wars The Old Republic

The Amazing Spiderman

Sleeping Dogs

Kingdoms of Amaleur: Reckoning

Vindictus

I can't think of anymore, i'm exhausted.

-snip-

alright, some of those are CPU intensive, and some of those are GPU intensive.

so it isn't an easy answer of one component being stressed much harder than it normally experiences.

the specs of the CPU in that Notebook is acceptable.

temperature issues are still possible, but chances are it's peculiar interfacing with Drivers. which, as always, make sure they're all up to date. including Motherboard Drivers (I/O, Networking, RAID, South Bridge, any that are relevant to it) as well as the usual Video Drivers and Et Cetera.

ofcourse, if it persists, then talking to Support for more specific assistance and attempted resolutions in future Hotfixes would be recommended.

alright, some of those are CPU intensive, and some of those are GPU intensive.

so it isn't an easy answer of one component being stressed much harder than it normally experiences.

the specs of the CPU in that Notebook is acceptable.

temperature issues are still possible, but chances are it's peculiar interfacing with Drivers. which, as always, make sure they're all up to date. including Motherboard Drivers (I/O, Networking, RAID, South Bridge, any that are relevant to it) as well as the usual Video Drivers and Et Cetera.

ofcourse, if it persists, then talking to Support for more specific assistance and attempted resolutions in future Hotfixes would be recommended.

Thanks for the advice.

hi,

i had the same problem ....

i probably have a solution ..

lower field of view in graphic settings .....to default

ever since i did that i have no more crashes 

That's actually a really interesting idea, i'll try that.

there are 3 power options by default at Windows, Power Saving, balanced and high perfomance, most of times it's balanced. years ago I noticed the speed and perfomance while setting balanced vs perfomance ON a PC, it's boosted by a lot. since balanced mode enables gpu and cpu settings not using at all ( balanced = not full load ) when swtich to perfomance was a big BOOST I mean for it I was rendering 4 movies at balanced took 33 min to finish it. and when I switched to perfmance same movies took only 8 min, even on games it's help a lot since those settings affect PCI devices (GPU an example) and CPU. so it's also have an effect on PC not even only on notebook ( what I MEAN, battery icon only shows at notebooks most of times, but not at PC so if you go to Control Panel u'll see there is power option and it's most of times balanced)

Hope you understand it... if not sure what I mean u can google or watch videos. but it's help. ( Google Power Option Windows)

Been having a problem that's only started happening over the last 2 days (been playing for a few weeks now) where my game will crash to desktop (which will be at a low resolution when the crash occurs) with no way of getting back into the game. Attempting to interact with anything outside of Warframe while the game is in this crashed state and not terminated will result in the game becoming the 'active' window - meaning I can control my character in game, but cannot actually see what is happening (the only reason I know anything is happening is because I can hear sounds when I melee attack and so on). 

Seems to most frequently happen in the Orokin Void and Derelict. Framerate stutters have also only just started happening recently, but they're very infrequent, and quite frankly not the problem I'm most concerned about. My system is also plenty powerful enough to run Warframe.

Been having a problem that's only started happening over the last 2 days (been playing for a few weeks now) where my game will crash to desktop (which will be at a low resolution when the crash occurs) with no way of getting back into the game. Attempting to interact with anything outside of Warframe while the game is in this crashed state and not terminated will result in the game becoming the 'active' window - meaning I can control my character in game, but cannot actually see what is happening (the only reason I know anything is happening is because I can hear sounds when I melee attack and so on). 

Seems to most frequently happen in the Orokin Void and Derelict. Framerate stutters have also only just started happening recently, but they're very infrequent, and quite frankly not the problem I'm most concerned about. My system is also plenty powerful enough to run Warframe.

me and a few other people seem to be having this problem. I am not sure what is causing it

This same problem happens on windowed mode with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 video card (Version 9.17.10.4101). The loading screens before and after each mission freezes for roughly 3-5 minutes and then the mission begins. Usually, around 15 minutes after logging into Warframe, the get the error message (Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware). I think it's also worthy to mention that this freeze occurs whether or not you are in a mission. I have allowed exceptions through my firewall and anti-virus. Warframe is the only game that gives this problem and this problem is the reason i didn't play warframe so much in like 2-3 months. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and even wiping my entire computer and re-installing didn't seem to help. And I am a laptop user, so no option in Bios to increase dedicated memory either

Edited by ExplosiveBeard

This is happening to me too. But it's become more frequent now. It's practically unplayable. If I don't crash to desktop, the game is choppy and lags a swell. Only started to happen since a couple days now since I updated to the latest patch. Never had this problem before Not my video driver, my machine is powerful enough. Somethings broke with the code?

This is happening to me too. But it's become more frequent now. It's practically unplayable. If I don't crash to desktop, the game is choppy and lags a swell. Only started to happen since a couple days now since I updated to the latest patch. Never had this problem before Not my video driver, my machine is powerful enough. Somethings broke with the code?

yeah got a gtx 650 the game runs as smooth as butter except for these crashes, it is most definitely not our cards or drivers causing this issue

Just had a small graphics driver bug that caused the driver to recover and now I'm sitting here on my desktop (CTD) with the game running still. Thing is totally intractable. Sounds of the Void are still playing, I can still hear my gun firing when I click. I can't use my main screen at all (I use dual screens) since anything but Task Manager gets overwritten by the game, as if it's still running fullscreen.

This is by far the weirdest visual bug I've ever seen. I can't seem to navigate out either, which is unfortunate, given that the T2MD I'm in had 2 very nice dungeons in it.

I've even tried running game capture programs to try and figure out where I am via proxy and they all act like I'm just no longer sending data through my GPU.

I have the same problem, it's hella annoying when running endless type missions since the time spent in them is wasted

there are 3 power options by default at Windows, Power Saving, balanced and high perfomance, most of times it's balanced. years ago I noticed the speed and perfomance while setting balanced vs perfomance ON a PC, it's boosted by a lot. since balanced mode enables gpu and cpu settings not using at all ( balanced = not full load ) when swtich to perfomance was a big BOOST I mean for it I was rendering 4 movies at balanced took 33 min to finish it. and when I switched to perfmance same movies took only 8 min, even on games it's help a lot since those settings affect PCI devices (GPU an example) and CPU. so it's also have an effect on PC not even only on notebook ( what I MEAN, battery icon only shows at notebooks most of times, but not at PC so if you go to Control Panel u'll see there is power option and it's most of times balanced)

Hope you understand it... if not sure what I mean u can google or watch videos. but it's help. ( Google Power Option Windows)

I see Now I understand, I don't know if it will solve this crashing issue but I switched it to performance mode anyway thanks for the tip

Edited by Sonicbullitt

Anyone else get random issues where the screen goes black? I'll be playing and all of a sudder my secondary monitor goes blank and soon after, the primary goes blank. I'm still able to hear everyone in teamspeak, but I can't get the screens to come back without a restart. This is the only game that does it.

GTX 970, In case anyone was wondering.